Our president is a deeply stupid man

Pau1ina

On 9/26/2019 at 4:27 PM, Sinking_In said:

Maybe he is rude, arrogant, ignorant, narcissistic, verbose, unintelligible, immoral, amoral, self serving, cruel, and pretty much the real estate reality tv host equivalent of a snake oil peddling carnival barker, but he's probably not stupid, per se.

May be he`s good as a showman or businessman but not as a politician at all

And now he says that Adam  Schiff, a Democratic Representative who chairs a committee in the House that is investigating the Ukraine situation, should  be arrested for treason.  

7 minutes ago, Sally said:

And now he says that Adam  Schiff, a Democratic Representative who chairs a committee in the House that is investigating the Ukraine situation, should  be arrested for treason.  

It is his pattern...create chaos and misdirect.

28 minutes ago, Sally said:

Yeah. And he implied that the whistleblower should be executed for "treason/spying."

4 hours ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

Yeah. And he implied that the whistleblower should be executed for "treason/spying."

Was that before or after retweeting a "pastor" (who happens to hold the idea that Hitler was fulfilling the will of God by forcing the Jews to return to Israel in preparation for the rapture 🤮) who less-than subtly implied that you should only impeach Trump if you're ready for Civil War?

So hard to keep up with all the impeachable dictatorial shit by the White House sociopath.

18 minutes ago, Mysticus Insanus said:

Was that before or after retweeting a "pastor" (who happens to hold the idea that Hitler was fulfilling the will of God by forcing the Jews to return to Israel in preparation for the rapture 🤮) who less-than subtly implied that you should only impeach Trump if you're ready for Civil War?

So hard to keep up with all the impeachable dictatorial shit by the White House sociopath.

It was before. 

Yeah. I know what you mean: this afternoon, there were at least a couple more allegations in the news, coming to light.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 5:07 AM, Nick2 said:

Republicans appreciate Trump for his devotion to Republican principals of corruption, criminality, white supremacy, and worship of the wealthy.

My republican/conservative friends would be offended. Besides, the Democrats are equally guilty with corruption, criminality and worship of the wealthy. 

Though the Reps I know tend to believe the wealthy became that way through their hard work and talent or whatever, rather than being able to see that starting with $400 million is hardly the same as starting with $4. 

1 hour ago, SithGirl said:

Democrats are equally guilty

False equivalency not really born out by the facts, if you compare things like other presidential administrations. But a convenient way to dismiss or downplay the current cases (at any given point in time). Everyone does it, so it's just part of the whole corrupt business, and it's expected so people can ignore it if they choose to. Or maybe it's just cynicism. But either way it gets used as an excuse/reason not to even try to do anything about it.

8 minutes ago, daveb said:

False equivalency not really born out by the facts, if you compare things like other presidential administrations. But a convenient way to dismiss or downplay the current cases (at any given point in time). Everyone does it, so it's just part of the whole corrupt business, and it's expected so people can ignore it if they choose to. Or maybe it's just cynicism. But either way it gets used as an excuse/reason not to even try to do anything about it.

It was more directed at the other post saying "Republicans like him because X, Y, and Z". My point was that Dems like those things too, so why don't they like him for X and Y? I understand "What about-ism" is a fallacy and wasn't intended to deflect, more show the poster's bias against Reps by not acknoweding the problems in the other party. 

I'm not someone who goes "Everyone does it, so it's fine". I legit despise my friend when she says this. I'm more "They're all assholes, sp at least acknowlege it instead of ignoring it". It's the bi-partisan attacking of the other party without self-awareness to acknowledge flaws in one's own party that makes me fear for society. 

4 minutes ago, SithGirl said:

They're all assholes

I do take exception to that though. All? I don't think it's true (and I'm talking about Republicans as well as Democrats, and all other political parties and independents, too). I don't think they are all bad. I really think there are some who are doing their best to do what they think is best. I do agree that everyone should self-reflect and watch out for issues/flaws in their own party, too. But since this thread is about our current president it makes sense for the discussion to focus on him and his party and the backing he receives from members of it who seem to have lowered their principles (looking at things like statements they made in the past that would seem counter to what they are supporting now or dismissing now) and left their integrity in an old coat pocket somewhere.

9 minutes ago, daveb said:

I do take exception to that though. All? I don't think it's true

True. I was using an exaggeration. 

Gentle Giant

Yes, Trump is stupid. He doesn’t ever learn from anything. He keeps saying and doing the same stuff over and over again that gets himself into trouble.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/3/2019 at 2:29 PM, Gentle Giant said:

Yes, Trump is stupid. He doesn’t ever learn from anything. He keeps saying and doing the same stuff over and over again that gets himself into trouble.

It didn't get him into much trouble when he was simply a reality-star businessman, because there were no expectations of him.  When he had bankruptcies, it didn't affect anyone but him and his companies.  As President, the stupid things he does and says affect everyone.  

• 4 weeks later...

@Abîme, an analogy here. Dipping a finger into boiling water to see if its hot is stupid. Not learning, and doing the same thing time and time again is deeply stupid 

4 hours ago, natsume said:

A well of stupidity?

A greasy vat of stupidity.  

I disagree he is either stupid, tyrannical/authoritarian/a Nazi or a racist. No evidence suggests he currently is just that, in my opinion. He clearly is not stupid and is a successful person in life, regardless how much of a head-start he may have had. He is a rather somewhat intelligent troll.That's all he is; a troll.

On 11/28/2019 at 12:18 PM, Autumn McJavabean said:

No evidence suggests

The preponderance of evidence is merely all the stuff that has come out of his mouth and down his fingers.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:18 AM, Autumn McJavabean said:

That's all he is; a troll.

So basically you can justify ignoring everything he ever does and says in the jusitification that he doesn't truely believe any of it. Makes sense to me. /s

But see, eventually, if you walk like an idiot, talk like an idiot, write like an idiot, and look like an idiot, the difference between whether you're truely an idiot or not ceases to matter. 

2 hours ago, Snegurochka McLouWho said:

The preponderance of evidence is merely all the stuff that has come out of his mouth and down his fingers.

I've very likely seen the same evidence you have, and whether they make him any of those is questionable at best. Nothing he has done proves he's a Nazi, or almost any of those other labels. 

1 hour ago, SithGrinch said:

So basically you can justify ignoring everything he ever does and says in the jusitification that he doesn't truely believe any of it. Makes sense to me. /s

But see, eventually, if you walk like an idiot, talk like an idiot, write like an idiot, and look like an idiot, the difference between whether you're truely an idiot or not ceases to matter. 

I'm not saying ignoring him is the only thing. It's more nuanced.

1 hour ago, natsume said:

Mcjavabean appears to feel an affinity with trolls? puzzling

Um, no. I'm not a fan of Trump in the slightest. 

2 minutes ago, Autumn McJavabean said:

I'm not saying ignoring him is the only thing. It's more nuanced.

There's no reason to acknowledge a person who is trolling other than to point out they're trolling and be rid of it all (that is, if you're allowed to point out if they're a troll). The troll finds joy in expressing opinions to pursefully make people angry or upset and to cause arguments, never taking the blame because they're "just trolling". 

This a good time to remind everyone that troll-calling is not permitted. Skycaptain moderator PPS 

McJavabean is calling Trump a "troll". I was puzzled why they would defend a "troll". Sith is challenging McJavabean's use of the term "troll" for Trump. You protected McJavabeans anti-trans rants until he was losing the "debate"? Is he losing here now too... Hmmm.. maybe time to lock it.

On 11/28/2019 at 12:18 PM, Autumn McJavabean said:

tyrannical/authoritarian

I mean, as an anarchist I think pretty much all politicians including Trump are tyrannical/authoritarian. :P 

What makes you think he is stupid?  (1) that the British were about to attack our airports during the Revolutionary War?,  (2) Looking directly into the sun during an eclipse?, (3) Grammar and spelling of a 3rd grader?

10 hours ago, natsume said:

McJavabean is calling Trump a "troll". I was puzzled why they would defend a "troll". Sith is challenging McJavabean's use of the term "troll" for Trump. You protected McJavabeans anti-trans rants until he was losing the "debate"? Is he losing here now too... Hmmm.. maybe time to lock it.

And?

I'm not "defending" him, not unless there are actual things he should be defended from.

Anti-trans rants? I never gave anything that was remotely a "rant" that is "anti-trans". I am trans, how could I be anti something I am? Losing the debate? Debatable, but popular opinion does not determine reality.

He? I'm a she, thank you. I'm sure that's obvious.

21 hours ago, SithGrinch said:

There's no reason to acknowledge a person who is trolling other than to point out they're trolling and be rid of it all (that is, if you're allowed to point out if they're a troll). The troll finds joy in expressing opinions to pursefully make people angry or upset and to cause arguments, never taking the blame because they're "just trolling". 

Depends. Yea, that doesn't sound like Trump to you?

Archived