I'm sexual but...

12 hours ago, CBC said:

I'm sexual but I'm grossed out by other people sharing their private sexting conversations on social media. Wtf.

I assume I'm not the only one haha.

Omg abso-fucking-lutely.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, CBC said:

I'm sexual but I'm grossed out by other people sharing their private sexting conversations on social media. Wtf.

I assume I'm not the only one haha.

I didn’t know that was a thing 😳😳😳

• Like 1

I don’t know if it would bug me but apparently I am fortunate not to have friends and acquaintances who do it.

• Like 1

It seems like primarily a fb thing, based on people I know who have mentioned it, and I avoid fb like the plague.

I mean... talking about sex is fine. Done that with friends eleventy times. But other people sexting... not sure what I'm going to get from that.

I’m sexual, but when I work around the clock for days on end, I want my bedroom activity to be confined to sleep. I need more 💤 

Hi ho, hi ho....

• Like 2
4 hours ago, CBC said:

Both the times I've encountered it have been on Instagram. I'm like... oh ok, I'm here to post actual photography... but I guess you're here to post screenshots of your sexts? Lovely.

I guess I’ve been lucky, then, because I do have an Insta account and while I post very little I do view a lot.

I would probably laugh.  I assume that is NOT the reaction they are hoping for.

Agreed, hopefully they cleared it with their partners!

I never really got the whole “guess who has two thumbs and just got laid?  This monkey!” mindset anyway.

• Like 2
Just now, CBC said:

Oh I'm fairly sure they didn't, that's one of the things that I find amusing as an... onlooker.

That would get them cut off for sure if it was me.  Not much pisses me off like telling other people what we did without my prior permission.

• Like 1

Dignity, privacy... if both people want to share it, fine, but bragging behind someone’s back that you [sexual activity]’d them seems so middle school!  If you didn’t pay for the service, get permission.

• Like 1

Ex was big into that at one point.  In the standard Internet way, I think he liked the opportunity to be who the person wanted (“wanted”?) rather than having to stick to the constraints of who he was.

7 minutes ago, ryn2 said:

Ex was big into that at one point.  In the standard Internet way, I think he liked the opportunity to be who the person wanted (“wanted”?) rather than having to stick to the constraints of who he was.

(while I can relate to that, I’ve always been wholly turned off and skeeved out by “talking dirty” so it never appealed to me for different reasons than it doesn’t appeal to you)

Agreed (your preference for realism would make internet/phone randos even less appealing than in-person randos).

I don’t have any issues with talking about sex, either politely or... crassly.  What I don’t like is being spoken to during sex or as foreplay.  I mean, I’m fine with routine communication along the lines of “is this okay?” or “can we move, my leg is cramping,” but I don’t like being spoken to (or speaking to people) as part of the erotic experience.

I get that a lot of people do, and I’m fine with that, but it totally does not work for me and creeps me out more than almost anything else does.  That’s true whether it’s sweet and kind or rude/derogatory.  In fact, nicer is worse because it seems more heartfelt and then I feel both creeped out and guilty.

• Like 1

Sounds are fine.  Just no actual talking, lol.

I’ve never done the long-distance thing.  I’ve had local relationships become temporarily long-distance, but not for more than a few months and/or without the opportunity to visit regularly.

I seem to be able to develop great friendships online but not romantic or sexual anything.

It doesn’t scare me off... it just never happens... or never has so far, and I’ve been on the internet pretty much from the start.  No idea why.  :(

I’ve made some really good friends, one of whom ultimately became a real-life bestie... but all platonic.

• Like 1

The person I was referring to lives a few hours away, but there’s easy train transit between our respective cities so I try to visit at least once a year.  We text at least a few times a week and can talk about absolutely anything (even though our lives are pretty different).  It’s not so much that we have tons in common as it is that we’re able to... respect, enjoy, and help each other out via our differences? That sounds kind of corny but in reality it isn’t anything like that.  XD

i have another friend I met on what’s now a closed proboards forum (closed in the sense the mods only accept new members on recommendation of existing members)...  we discovered (“hey, are you talking about X?”) we live about five miles from one another.  While we may go a year without talking beyond replying to the occasional post, we’re also the kind of friends where when either one hits a rough spot, the other one is the first person to say “hey, want to go for drinks?  a walk?  dinner?” and then actually do it.  Depending on life we sometimes see each other pretty often.  That’s also the friend who pet-sits if I am gone a few days.  Which I don’t do anymore that I am divorced and cash-strapped but, yeah.

I have several other friends I met through that same forum I’ve never met in person, some in the US/Canada and some overseas, but we send handwritten cards to celebrate good things and recognize sad ones.  One baked me amazing cookies a couple of winters ago when my ex left abruptly right before the holidays.  We sometimes send each other little care-packages of small art.

Then there are the people I’ve met on more public platforms, like tumblr.  I’m close friends with some of them there, but if one if us left the platform the other would have no idea how to make contact and that would be the end of it.

Plus I have some friends who were once real-life friends, but who moved away ages ago.  They aren’t technically online friends but I’ve kept in touch with some of them that way (without seeing them, or seeing them only very rarely) for decades.

Only a few people I’ve met on large, open, public social media platforms are also people I’ve met in real life and have personal contact information for.  The bestie at the top of the post is actually one of them.

~

This makes it sound like I have five million friends when in reality it’s more like 20, lol.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, CBC said:

some people have a 'thing' about friendships with people you meet online not being real.

This was my ex!  He often insisted online friends don’t count.  Maybe he assumed everyone was lying (and yet didn’t/couldn’t as successfully in person?) because that was how he behaved online.  I never really thought about it that way before, but this plus the sexting convo makes me wonder.

4 hours ago, CBC said:

I have random things that pop into my head during the day where I think, "Oh that reminds me of [whoever], I'll have to tell them about it"

Yes!

• Like 1

The snow is pretty here too.

Some people just like to play others... but I think a good percentage of people who show something other than their real selves feel like no one could ever like their real selves so being someone different/better/more acceptable is their only option.  Also, getting rejected is less painful because they can say “they never actually knew me anyway.”

Yeah, being authentically you and being unfailingly honest are two completely different things.  :)

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 2:22 PM, Traveler40 said:

I’m sexual, but when I work around the clock for days on end, I want my bedroom activity to be confined to sleep. I need more 💤 

Hi ho, hi ho....

I know all about sleep. It's my second favourite hobby 👍

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

I'm sexual, but I'd rather cuddle or masturbate all day, instead of intercourse. It's one thing that I absolutely dread.

I thought I was a weirdo - but am realizing that I am not alone.

3 minutes ago, CBC said:

Interesting. What are your reasons for this? (No worries if you don't feel comfortable answering, but I'm curious if you are.)

Hi there. Thanks for your reply. My reasons for dreading sexual intercourse?

I haven't really figured that out. Here's more of my story:

As soon as my partner wants to have sex, I just get so disinterested. I have no idea why, really.

Edited by Guest
1 minute ago, CBC said:

@SJ Riden Hrmm ok, thank you. I read your intro. Is there a reason you identify as sexual rather than asexual? Asexuals can enjoy masturbating for sure, they just don't desire partnered sex. Do you think it's perhaps an anxiety issue? And I noticed you mentioned sexual thoughts about men. Is there a possibility that you're gay?

I guess I'm still trying to figure out what I identify as. Could be anxiety too, I suppose. Thinking about the act of sex is fine, but when it comes to the physical act, I just am so disinterested.

I'm pretty sure I'm not gay - though I think on occasion I have fantasies about a few select males. But, my fantasies / the erotica that I enjoy, involves women. Always has, with the exception of a few times lately, but goes back to women.

10 minutes ago, CBC said:

@SJ Riden Hrmm ok, thank you. I read your intro. Is there a reason you identify as sexual rather than asexual? Asexuals can enjoy masturbating for sure, they just don't desire partnered sex. Do you think it's perhaps an anxiety issue? And I noticed you mentioned sexual thoughts about men. Is there a possibility that you're gay?

Sorry... I know I probably sound like I have no clue what I'm talking about. lol.

1 minute ago, CBC said:

Oh that's ok, I think most of us don't half the time. 🙃

Yeah, could be either really. Have you spoken with anyone about your anxiety? Like a therapist or something? 

No. I've just dealt with things as they are. But that's something I will definitely consider. :)

Anthracite_Impreza
5 minutes ago, SJ Riden said:

Sorry... I know I probably sound like I have no clue what I'm talking about. lol.

I can't really help you much but I promise most of us don't either ;)

• Like 1
Just now, CBC said:

Probably not a bad idea. Confusion over identity is frustrating, I definitely get that. Been there myself. 

Thank you for that. It's definitely appreciated. :) Funny how we find things out, as we go through life.

I wonder what else I'll find out about myself along the way, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

But...

I still find myself repulsed by sexuality at times. Like when I try to find a game to play and get hit with all the nudity and sex that turn the game from a maybe to a "noooope". Why does it have to infect every video game lately?

anisotrophic
2 hours ago, Serran said:

Why does it have to infect every video game lately?

Animal crossing is great!! I’m working on paying off the loan for my second room addition, completed the spinosaurus, and I caught... an oarfish! 🤩