Hmm...So who wants to rule the world with me?

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

Hmm, well, I suppose could, but then... what would I do with it?

How do you want to rule it? I'm not really a dominant type, but I can be a sidekick and help with mundane task of ruling it 😸

I'm up for it, my ambition is through the roof already so might as well just take it the whole way.

Can't really be an in-the-field commander on your real-life game of RISK, (I'd get sunburnt) but give me a problem and then a week later I can pretty much guarantee a solution for you.

Actually that sounds like a great job. Anyone know a hyper-ambitious person bent on world conquest with a probably deplorable sense of ethics who might be hiring a thinker to solve the problems that accompany world-conquest and world-rule?

2 minutes ago, Aebt-Ætheling said:

Anyone know a hyper-ambitious person bent on world conquest with a probably deplorable sense of ethics who might be hiring a thinker to solve the problems that accompany world-conquest and world-rule?

Donald Trump?

Just now, Jon A. said:

Donald Trump?

I said hyper-ambitious, not hyper-stupid.

There is a certain level of stupidity or deplorablity up with which I will not put.

1 minute ago, Aebt-Ætheling said:

I said hyper-ambitious, not hyper-stupid.

There is a certain level of stupidity or deplorablity up with which I will not put.

I think he could be classified as both, especially when it comes to world domination. He already has all the cash in the world, all he can gain now is more power.

Is that last part a reference to Scary Movie 4?

2 minutes ago, Jon A. said:

Is that last part a reference to Scary Movie 4?

No. Every time I type out "which I will not put up with" I am reminded of Churchill, who said, "[...] up with which I will not put" trying to bypass the false English rule of do-not-end-a-sentence-with-a-preposition. No reason why I chose to word it that way specifically, I just enjoy playing around with language (or: manipulating language for my own pleasure as I want to re-write that sentence now).

The day I make a pop culture reference on purpose is the day I am committed to a mental institution. I have no idea what Scary Movie 4 is.

13 minutes ago, Aebt-Ætheling said:

Can't really be an in-the-field commander on your real-life game of RISK, (I'd get sunburnt) but give me a problem and then a week later I can pretty much guarantee a solution for you.

I have an example problem for you. How to easily get plenty of money without having to interact with people much (preferably none, but let's say once a month for few minutes would be acceptable). Is something like this solvable for a mere commoner? Could even make my specification more precise since I know it's a bit vague right now 😺

6 minutes ago, Aebt-Ætheling said:

The day I make a pop culture reference on purpose is the day I am committed to a mental institution. I have no idea what Scary Movie 4 is.

I love sex and I cannot lie.

@MaggieB Rule the world, eh? I'll need a blood sample.

1 minute ago, RakshaTheCat said:

I have an example problem for you. How to easily get plenty of money without having to interact with people much (preferably none, but let's say once a month for few minutes would be acceptable). Is something like this solvable for a mere commoner? Could even make my specification more precise since I know it's a bit vague right now 😺

How much money do you have to start out with? If you already have a lot investing might work. Barring that, would you be interested in moving? Some nations have substantially lower costs of living. Maybe you could get someone go GoFundMe your life? Scamming might be practical (and with a low cost of entry), and could be done solely from the comfort of a computer, although some forms of scamming would require emailing, which might count as interpersonal interaction for you. Also, how much risk are you willing to take on in the scenario? Give me time to allow that goal to stew in my brain a bit, I'll arrive at more solutions.

5 minutes ago, Pandark said:

I love sex and I cannot lie.

Might that be a reference to a song about someone liking plump posteriors? If so I should win an award for actually recognizing a pop culture reference (actually I just heard that song at the college dining hall and it annoying stuck in my head...).

52 minutes ago, Aebt-Ætheling said:

How much money do you have to start out with? If you already have a lot investing might work.

Not much, so that might not work. Isn't investing in random things risky?

Barring that, would you be interested in moving? Some nations have substantially lower costs of living.

That's something I'm always happy to consider if new place is nice. It does cost a lot though, and current place gives me a lot of security.

Maybe you could get someone go GoFundMe your life?

Do you mean some kind of GoFundMe scam? Does that actually work? What more do you know about it?

Scamming might be practical (and with a low cost of entry), and could be done solely from the comfort of a computer, although some forms of scamming would require emailing, which might count as interpersonal interaction for you.

My empathy would get in the way, but I could try to do something about it... If  understand society correctly, real empathy is actually big vice, only fake one is a virtue, so getting rid of it would actually help me to blend in easier.

Also, how much risk are you willing to take on in the scenario?

I'm not really desperate, so would rather minimize it.

Give me time to allow that goal to stew in my brain a bit, I'll arrive at more solutions.

Sure. Didn't expect you will treat it seriously, thanks! Hmm, should we move it to PMs to not make off topic here? OP is probably super social like most people, so they won't find these things useful anyway.

1 hour ago, Aebt-Ætheling said:

No. Every time I type out "which I will not put up with" I am reminded of Churchill, who said, "[...] up with which I will not put" trying to bypass the false English rule of do-not-end-a-sentence-with-a-preposition. No reason why I chose to word it that way specifically, I just enjoy playing around with language (or: manipulating language for my own pleasure as I want to re-write that sentence now).

Oh, so that character was making a reference to Winston Churchill.

If that's the general consensus I should have been committed to a mental institution ages ago. Whatever, Scary Movie 3 was the best of the series anyway, thanks in part to David Zucker taking over direction. The first two were total perversion which I will never watch again and would probably burn if they were given to me, and 5 was a flop, probably because several main cast members were missing.

1 hour ago, RakshaTheCat said:

Isn't investing in random things risky?

Don't invest in random things, know at least something about what you are investing in. Nothing is ever risk-free, but somethings are less-so than others.

Do you mean some kind of GoFundMe scam? Does that actually work? What more do you know about it?

I didn't say scam necessarily, you could be completely honest. But scamming GoFundMe would work too. You are allowed to raise money for yourself in GoFundMe for any reason whatsoever.

I'm not really desperate, so would rather minimize it.

Well then scamming might carry a risk of legal consequences; maybe scratch the legally-dubious methods then.

Didn't expect you will treat it seriously, thanks! Hmm, should we move it to PMs to not make off topic here?

I didn't expect any questions, also I was bored between classes. I have papers to write for mid-terms this week so I probably should end my role in the discussion anyways.

(last two ideas: Writing Books or robo-call/text operator (at least in the USA political campaigns have someone who actually hits a button on their computer for ever robo-call/text the campaign sends out, they legally cannot use full auto-call/text))

Sorry @MaggieB for taking this thread off topic, I'll slink off to my evil lair and await your orders to conquer the world while filling out job applications for an world-conquering or world-ruling sidekick.

To much work. You can have it

Lemme find my princely defensive sword and shield thus I shall defend my shire that I live on 😛

I can be in charge of designing the torture chambers for the people who defy us during our conquest! Just lock them in a room with "Spanish Flea" playing on loop.

I'd call for necessary nap time. No matter the age, you must take an hour nap

I mean...I guess I wouldn't mind sharing world domination.

Purple Wanderer

"There is only one Lord of the rings and he does not share power"

I'll share power with you and I promise that I definately, 100% will totally not betray you all and assume control...

On 9/25/2019 at 12:25 AM, Aebt-Ætheling said:

Might that be a reference to a song about someone liking plump posteriors? If so I should win an award for actually recognizing a pop culture reference (actually I just heard that song at the college dining hall and it annoying stuck in my head...).

The joke is older than that, but I do find that song somewhat funny despite its poor taste. If you want to win an award for recognizing pop culture references maybe you could go to a pub quizz and get the other teams drunk. :P

Archived