Outed to Brother

SweetTart

Well, long story short I downloaded Tinder 3 days ago to talk to people. I wasn't really looking for dates or anything, I've just been stuck at the house with nothing to do for a while so I wanted to meet some new people. One of my brother's friends saw my profile and posted it to their group chat, and my brother just told me about it. He seemed fine with me identifying as asexual and everything but I never planned on telling him. I'm shaking right now I'm so, idk anxious and upset? I guess I should have thought about the consequences longer before deciding to share my identity on my profile. I just didn't want to get a ton of people just looking for hookups.

On a side note I think he shared my profile because I had pictures of my fursuit as some of my profile pictures, so now they all know I'm a furry as well lol. I don't really care about that, my brother already knew and I thought it'd be fun to see how people would react. I'm just pretty shaken about my sexuality, or lack there off, being brought up to my brother with no input from myself.

Such is the internet I guess. Just hard for me to calm down now that this has all happened.

As someone who's deathly terrified of coming out, can I just say that I completely understand? I'm so sorry that happened. Have a sweet tart:

Red%25252C%2BWhite%25252C%2Band%2BBluebe

@crazy ace Thank you for the sympathy and tart, I really appreciate it 💗

Honestly I felt a bit conflicted about being so upset. It's not like I was outed as being gay, but it still feels like a big deal to me, and it hurt that my choice was taken away. I've never come out to anyone I know, and it's upsetting to have the one person who does know now be someone I never intended to tell. (And that's nothing against my brother either, I never really intended to tell anyone in my family, as I just don't really think it's something they need to know, or that I'm necessarily comfortable sharing at the moment.)

Outing someone without their consent is wrong and you have the right to be upset about it. I'm glad that your brother is accepting though! 

Archived