I think my sister might be aro

Dead account 4444

Dead account 4444

she's said things like "I don't understand why people date are our age (15-16)" and today she said she told me she doesn't have any crushes, however I don't think she's ace because she's called Sebastian from black Butler "hot" and she definitely likes mafu mafu (she's a huge weeb) 

idk why I even made  this post but ye

also i know it's quite unlikely that I'd be ace and my sister would be aro but tbh idk if I'm even ace yet and her being aro is just a guess so idk

I'm really tough on the idea of children (under 18) dating or doing anything romantic.  They need to be in school studying.  If they want to date, they should focus on the integrity of platonic friendship, and then only take it further after graduating from high school.  (Maybe an exception would be like 1 kid is 18 and the other is 17).  THAT'S IT.  Children need to get their heads out of their butts and focus on school.  I'm not a prude, I just don't like when kids waste their time.  I didn't.  I studied violin and viola at a serious level, did not date, really was annoyed by others who did.  I guess I've got ace tendencies, but back then I just saw these follies as a waste of time.

2 hours ago, songchick said:

back then I just saw these follies as a waste of time.

Same, same. I wanted to get out of my hometown, away from my family, and like 98% of my energy went into that. Didn't drink, didn't do drugs, didn't have sex. Just studied and focused on not being there. 😂

But, I'm also gay, which sort of naturally precludes much adolescent involvement. Or did at the time and in that place. So, there could be any number of things that are either distracting her or that she just... isn't currently connecting with. 

7 minutes ago, skullery said:

I wanted to get out of my hometown, away from my family, and like 98% of my energy went into that.

Omg me too!  After high school, I left NYC and went to Bloomington, IN for college, studied at the conservatory there. 

8 minutes ago, skullery said:

Didn't drink, didn't do drugs, didn't have sex. Just studied and focused on not being there. 😂

Meeee too.

2 minutes ago, songchick said:

Omg me too!  After high school, I left NYC and went to Bloomington, IN for college, studied at the conservatory there. 

I love Bloomington. I had, at one point in my life, planned to move there, and I tried very hard to get into the Public Health Law program in Indianapolis. 

But yeah. Hella focused thru high school. I figured I had time to fuck around later and you know what... I was right!

6 minutes ago, skullery said:

I love Bloomington. I had, at one point in my life, planned to move there, and I tried very hard to get into the Public Health Law program in Indianapolis. 

But yeah. Hella focused thru high school. I figured I had time to fuck around later and you know what... I was right!

Yea!!!!!!  the 20s is the time for that shitstorm.

My own sis is definitely aroace, despite her own misanthropic attitude, social anxiety and major depression.

Archived