Why can't having that chemistry and being asexual for the most part go together?

Yuliyasa

Going to try to make this rant short here the best I can cause I can get a bit too wordy at times I think. So I guess already by my title you might be thinking well surely if you fall in the grey line then it is possible to want that emotional/physical chemistry when you are in a relationship with someone; yet, I am ranting about this because I don't think many especially of the sexual people would understand how that is possible. Sadly I think that most people believe you can either be one way or the other and there is no way to be in between. But here is where I am coming in with my main point: I am a musician/songwriter and as much as I have tried going about writing songs that could be falling into more asexual category I have realized that I have no control over that (best songs are written when they just naturally flow, happen, written and a lot of the best songs in my own opinion happen to be of romantic nature). Another point here is that when I see a beautiful dance or live music making I always find that energy is beautiful to some extent yet later in life I have realized that most people though see what I see completely different - they see sex perhaps - I see art. So what I am trying to say here personally especially is that it would be beautiful to just believe every single person sees every single thing completely differently in a very individual way; therefore, music nor art should anyway feel restricted to the artist because of how some people might feel about their work. So I think I'm going to end this post on this note and hope that if you read this you can somehow relate or understand what I mean and whatever topic you decide to start under this thread is ok because obviously not just music and art can be seen in all kinds of different ways, but even a post such as this which some might find kind of vague. Best wishes

Galactic Turtle

Yes, people interpret art in different ways.

People in the gray area typically desire the same things from their romantic relationships as sexual people, they just get there less often.

3 hours ago, Yuliyasa said:

So what I am trying to say here personally especially is that it would be beautiful to just believe every single person sees every single thing completely differently in a very individual way; therefore, music nor art should anyway feel restricted to the artist because of how some people might feel about their work.

Of coures it should not feel restricted to the artist, as you just expressing your emotions, unless you are creating this masterpiece (as an order!) for a special individual, group of people or an organization.

I always saw art as the artist's outlet. They'll have painted that picture or written that song for their own, very personal reasons, but they just happen to put it out there for everyone to look at or listen to. More in a "Make of that what you will, you may like it or not, but I did that for myself" mindset than anything else.

There's a German pop song that is about a woman who is severely ill, but keeping a straight and happy face. It has become a song that gets played at parties a lot and people seem to have a good time listening to it. Never have I seen anyone say "Wait a minute, this isn't a happy song at all!" I guess that'll be frustrating for the artist, too.

Archived