i need help for comic ideas on binge drinking

xToasty

i have to create a comic about binge drinking in regards to young people for school, and my mind is completely blank. if anyone has any ideas, that would be real appreciated ^^

lol, imma have to stay up all night for this one...

9 minutes ago, Snao van der Cone said:

Like, funny things about binge drinking, or warnings? 

It would be really odd if it glamourised it, wouldn't it? "Yeah kids - binge drink! It's fun! and safe, too! And your parents do it all the time!"

Binge drinking is very specific, isn't it? I mean it's different from just getting drunk (which is also bad for you, children!), isn't it?

14 minutes ago, Midland Tyke said:

It would be really odd if it glamourised it, wouldn't it? "Yeah kids - binge drink! It's fun! and safe, too! And your parents do it all the time!"

I mean, it's been a while since I was in school. Maybe they're encouraging it these days. :P

How your organs react to the binge drinking? So they just begin cursing and complaining about the state of the place hehe 

i think its just about the effects it can have i think. emotionally, physically, whatever. its kinda general  😐

and yeah, its meant to raise awarness about its dangers (not promote it, lol)

Maybe something about someone drinking a lot while sitting down, then standing up and feeling so much drunker that they fall over through the floor, through the basement, through the ground, into the core of the earth. Where they proceed to vomit. 

hmm, i know my favourite place to vomit is the core of the earth, haha

something like that could work, though im not sure if it hits some of the guidelines. maybe i'll change it up a bit or something

A common "side effect" of binge drinking is blacking out, doing regretful things and waking to terrifying situations. Maybe go dark with it, as a stark warning? A kid could come to in a room, curled up in a defensive position, with a stranger standing over them, poised to do them harm.

oh man, thats dark. but also very true, i understand your point. there are a lot of incidents similar to that.

the idea makes me sick with horror, its scary stuff

...but that actually could be a pretty cool image.

"if I hadn't gotten drunk on election day I wouldn't have voted for [most appropriate objectionable leader] 

There used to be a PSA on Canadian television with a guy waking up hungover as his buddy is leaving a message on his answering machine (back when we used landlines that had to be hooked up to a machine that played out loud). The buddy was talking about how wild the guy was acting the night before, and said that he didn't see him after a certain point so he wonders what else the guy did. As the buddy ends his message, the hungover guy walks up to the mirror and his back faces the camera, on which he has a massive tattoo with a woman's name.

A friend of mine was very drunk once in a pub, when in the toilets, he went to dry his hands under the condom machine instead of the hand dryer. We'll, even out of it, was thinking about safe sex ;)

There are irish anti-binge drinking ad "make it a night you can remember" 

Could work it "have a memorable night, not one you wish you could remember" and have 2 teenagers with one of them pregnant? 

I live near a party college. I refer to downtown as "the splash zone" when the kids are in town. There's vomit all over the place. In the wintertime it freezes in place while running down the piles of snow. I'm so glad I don't work downtown any more. A few years ago a student got really drunk on a night it was -20 F outside, and he froze to death thinking he could walk home.

You really want to make a comic about binge drinking?  There's nothing funny about it.  

Marshmallow Tree
On 9/20/2019 at 7:32 AM, Sally said:

You really want to make a comic about binge drinking?  There's nothing funny about it.  

If you look up they said it's for awareness and its dangers.

Archived