Sign in to follow this  
songchick

Are Aces Naturally Grumpy? And are we "tokens?"

DryRain
On 9/18/2019 at 10:03 PM, songchick said:

The thing with being ace is that I'm not interested in anything remotely sexual, and this also extends to benignly friendly gestures.  Overall, I'm a friendly person when the interactions have a sort of purpose (like work-related or advocacy related in the mental health realm), but anything other than that makes me uncomfortable.  Like randomly talking to me on a bus. 

???

I don't think being ace has anything to do with anything. Just like straight and gay people you can be happy or grumpy, we're not defined by our (a)sexual orientation.

• Like 1

twetzel59

I'm grumpy, but it wouldn't be scientific to draw a conclusion without a control anyway 😕

Sally

The only thing that aces share is not wanting sex with other people.  Otherwise, we're all different, just like sexuals are all different.  

(I have the feeling I've said this before on this thread, but whatthehell...)

• Like 1

CBC

I'm grumpy with a shocking frequency and I'm not ace. I'm grumpy because life is difficult and I basically popped out of the womb some degree of curmudgeon. Must be in the genetics. No correlation to whether I wanna bang anybody. Actually though, sex makes me a lot less grumpy hahaha.

• Like 1