Pap Smears

GlamRocker

I agree I need to always look for the breast lumps. Sigh. Just another way boobs are an annoyance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 7:34 AM, neverlove said:

Yeah, my mum is a doctor, she even said the recommendations for pap smear are changing and people don’t actually need to get them as often as they previously thought.  

I also hesitate to say this, but it’s possible that some of the doctors who are recommending pap smears despite the data are doing so for money—I dislike saying this because I don’t believe doctors are generally in it for money, but this is a pretty easy way to make a little more and has nothing to do with covering all the bases to avoid a malpractice suit.

I always believed doctors were mostly out for money that's why it takes me such a long time to trust doctors. I don't feel that someone has to go so often for that if they are not even sexually active.

On 9/25/2019 at 7:35 AM, Charna said:

To be fair, it really is country- and generation-dependent. My mother was not informed about the importance of regular breast exams by her gyn, I had to convince her to do her first mammography. It was the same for me, it was only my second gyn that told me about the importance of doing regular breast exams and got me to do an ultrasound.

My mom's mother didn't even go to the gynecologist and she never had any problems but she didn't have breast cancer until she was really old and in the nursing home.

4 hours ago, Nylocke said:

I always believed doctors were mostly out for money that's why it takes me such a long time to trust doctors. 

My mom is still paying off her student loans. Actually, most doctors you’ll meet still have student loans to pay off. If this a concern for you, try going to a doctor at a not-for-profit clinic. They get payed significantly less and are probably there because they want to be. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2019 at 12:46 PM, neverlove said:

My mom is still paying off her student loans. Actually, most doctors you’ll meet still have student loans to pay off. If this a concern for you, try going to a doctor at a not-for-profit clinic. They get payed significantly less and are probably there because they want to be. 

Yikes X_x That means they gotta make that money putting folks on statins that may not need to be.

Archived