People are not born in countries.

S..

20 minutes ago, S.. said:

I have shown you a world where the arrow did not hit and "Because we can" is really your argument.

while I initially I did argue that you were factually incorrect, I realised that was not an available argument to make, and now I am making no argument here other than that you should review your own mental state.
I don't care if someone is "born in a country" or not
I care if you are stuck in a world that is incorrect because of a fault within your mind.

28 minutes ago, gisiebob said:

I care if you are stuck in a world that is incorrect because of a fault within your mind.

If you care about a stuck mental fault, then speak with me about donkey fur and see if people get off the grass.

2 minutes ago, S.. said:

If you care about a stuck mental fault, then speak with me about donkey fur and see if people get off the grass.

while I regularly appreciate metaphor, even when I don't understand, in this instance I would like to understand what you are trying to communicate and I don't think I am equipped to without further context.

On 9/22/2019 at 5:26 PM, S.. said:

Birthplace and birth certificates were added into our lives a few generations ago and this way of thinking has been getting worse.

Birthplaces have been part of peoples' lives for thousands of years.  

16 hours ago, Sally said:

Birthplaces have been part of peoples' lives for thousands of years.  

Unfortunately, we can not go back that far. However, we can see what is presented to us about the past and present. Birthplace was added to documents only recently and concerns over discrimination have also been circulated in courts. However, this suggests that birthplace discrimination has not been a societal interest for thousands of years. Indeed, we do not know were people come from other than what we see, what we record, and what we guess. Claiming that we know our birthplace is one thing that people have done, but that is not everyone and it is being fought against.

To be clear: people appear to be forcing culture and identity onto birthplace, when birthplace is a natural unsolved mystery of life.

I'm outta here.  It's too much for someone like me who was born in Salinas, California, USA,  who grew up around tens of thousands of other people who also were born in Salinas, California, USA, and who has since met umpteen people who were born in countries all over the world and who consider those countries their birthplaces and talk about them as such.   Good luck on your continuing obsession with non-birthplaces.  

5 hours ago, Sally said:

I'm outta here.  It's too much for someone like me who was born in Salinas, California, USA,  who grew up around tens of thousands of other people who also were born in Salinas, California, USA, and who has since met umpteen people who were born in countries all over the world and who consider those countries their birthplaces and talk about them as such.   Good luck on your continuing obsession with non-birthplaces.  

If you ever figure out that you were not actually born in Salinas and that you represent Salinas, because it is your liberty to do so... Please write back and tell others.

Archived