How do you feel about being naked?

Your friend

It depends on the situation in my case I guess,, I often ask myself if this is a cultural thing as well

You know? I normally don't care about being naked haha

In school we always had to change our clothes on groups so I got used to it. 

After a nice shower I just love it to lay on my bed being naked lol because the whole moment is just comfy. 

When I'm at home there is a 70% chance that I don't wear any jeans or shorts or whatever even when my roomate is there. It's also okey for me when they come into my room while I'm changing. 

And there is this habit I have: I don't wear any t-shirt when I put my make up on bc I don't want it to get dirty.. I'm doing it as well when friends sleep at mine. 

Those things are pretty practical in my mind. To be honest the uncontrollableness starts when I'm in a relationship or when I'm with peoplw that might like me. 

I get shy pretty fast and suddenly I'm not confident anymore. I guess it's because I'm scared that it might lead to something or that they misinterpret my actions. I might do it bc I think it's more comfy but other might find it 'hot" and try to start something. 

Nudity doesn't bother me at all, alone or in company, regardless of gender.

To me, everything alive in the world except humans doesn't have clothes, so what's the big deal? I mean, clothes are practical and sanitary, but that's all I end up thinking about.

I don't associate nudity with sexuality. My friends are comfortable with me around while changing, etc because - well, I don't experience sexual attraction.

That said, I can see how asexuals would be totally averse to nudity, because for many it's either tied to sex or just plain demoralizing. Some aces are also uncomfortable seeing others naked, so people should ask their peers before exposing themselves.

Which is why I'd advocate for a policy of mutual consent, as in, you should ask others before undressing, and others should ask you the same.

I'll also add that because I'm not religious, I don't have any moral issue with nudity. However, other people might have a moral compass that is closely tied to their theological framework, so that's worth some discussion.

Maybe someone could offer some perspective on that

5 hours ago, GlamRocker said:

Totally cool with it. I've had to learn how seriously most people take nudity. When I see naked people, I see people who just happen to not be clothed. When I'm naked, same deal. I've been really annoyed by some people trying to shame me for not trying hard enough to cover my body.

I agree each to there own...Nude is not lewd....It can be freeing. And makes people more equal and less judgmental. When everyone less is naked at a clothing optional, beach, resort or sauna/spa. No one judges you on how you dress or your clothes. And no one really cares about anyone body size either. 

Each to their own….Think in the US and England people are more prudish and have a hard differentiating between nudity and lewd/sexy. While in some other European counties it is not an issue. With co-ed clothing optional spa/sauna.

Even in the US at nudist resort and beaches.

Someone find being naked freeing and helps them with body acceptance. No one judges you on your body size or shape, or your clothes, and age does not matter either. Some people seem to be friendlier too.

Nude is not lewd.

Me personally, when I was stationed in Germany in the US military I went to spa’s and sauna and found it relaxing. And have been nudist resorts in the US too.

But will wear a t-shirt at the beach and hardly ever wear shorts. At the gym I will change and put on my underwear in the shower. And do not like walk around naked in locker rooms or shirtless.

That's a hard no from me.  Admittedly I have some hang ups about it that are unrelated to being ace, but I associate nudity with sex and can't seem to divorce the two in my mind, so it makes me uncomfortable for myself and for others.

i enjoy being naked, like when i’m home alone, it’s just more comfy than wearing a whole bunch of different layers. however, i don’t especially like seeing others naked, it’s just uncomfortable to me.

I’m fine with my and the SO’s nudity, don’t care much of it, I don’t sleep naked either unless I’m either having sensory overload or it’s exceptionally hot at night or some other circumstance like prepping for surgery etc.  The body also reminds me that it should be different and clothes often elevate the lack of a correct body.

When I am in the bath, I think its good but other than that I am not exactly into nudity-I just find it physically uncomfortable. 

Twisted Tempest

I can't stand being naked, even when I'm alone and no one can possibly see. It isn't anything at all to do with associating nudity with sex, else I would be heaving every time I got in the shower. It's something else I just can't explain but I hate the feeling. So far as I almost exclusively wear long sleeve shirts and avoid shorts like the plague. 

If it's just me around it doesn't bother me I guess, though I wouldn't want to be naked in front of other people. This reminds me..I used to sleep in just my underwear (I always feel hot at night). It felt good, I should start doing that again 

I HATE being naked. I feel so gross and uncomfortable and I think I look really ugly and unpleasant when I'm naked... plus I get cold. It's just so much better to wear clothes. And I feel the same way about other people being naked.  

On 9/19/2019 at 10:20 AM, ben8884 said:

When I am in the bath, I think its good but other than that I am not exactly into nudity-I just find it physically uncomfortable. 

Yes, this.  

I just had an insight after reading this article. It talks about why young men are afraid of being naked in front of other men in locker rooms, and it basically states that one of the unintended side effects of the LGBT movement is that there's now sort of a modus operandi where when men go into an all-male space the male gaze shifts from women to other men, and younger guys are uncomfortable with this because they don't want to be sex objects. I just realized that I don't actually care about other people looking at my body, even if they are attracted to it. The only time I'm uncomfortable being naked in front of another guy is when he has explicitly expressed a sexual interest in me. I guess on some level it just never occured to me that other people might view my naked body sexually. Sure I know it intellectually, but because I'm asexual and I just never think about sex, I'm able to comfortably ignore that reality. Even if I derive erotic enjoyment from nudity, I still don't view it as sexual. I think there's a certain innocence that comes with asexuality, and unless you've been socialized to see naked bodies as sexual, the association just isn't there. Indeed, I've seen some posts on this thread from asexuals who have engaged in activities like recreational nudism and art modeling, and are perfectly comfortable with it because the idea of someone else sexualizing their bodies is entirely foreign to them.

firewallflower

I don't want to see others naked, and I don't want others to see me naked. Sexual or no, bodies feel private to me, and I strongly prefer to keep what feels private to me private. When alone (and with no risk of someone walking in on me :P), though, as far as the actual physical sensation of nudity, I'm fine with that—even find it quite comfortable at times, if the temperature is right. No strong feelings there, as long as no one else is around.

Chocolatastic AroAce

I don't think I'm adverse to it because I find it sexual, but rather I consider it a private vulnerable aspect of ourselves. I wouldn't want anyone to see me naked and so I kind of figure other people would feel the same. I guess the vulnerability comes from the fact that there is nothing hiding the parts that maybe people don't necessarily like about themselves. Clothes cover you and offer protection form the elements...so I guess clothing has become associated with the feeling of safety.

Last night I got out of the shower late and just crawled into bed naked. It was very comfortable, but I feel constantly afraid that someone was going to barge in, so I had a harder time going to sleep.

Archived