Sinking_In

How do YOU compromise in a mixed relationship?

anisotrophic

@Sinking_In I was wondering if things feel closer or more loving with your spouse now.

I guess, reflecting or wondering if this has been a solution that's bringing you together, strengthening the relationship.

(I found falling for someone else drove me to be more affectionate with my partner, more concerned about his happiness... which seems counterintuitive, it was like... I was reminded of how much I love him too, more conscious of it.)

ryn2
18 minutes ago, anisotrophic said:

I found falling for someone else drove me to be more affectionate with my partner, more concerned about his happiness... which seems counterintuitive, it was like... I was reminded of how much I love him too, more conscious of it.

That’s the core experience that separates being naturally polyamorous from naturally monoamorous... the experience of “the more love I give to one of my partners, the more love I have to give to the other(s).”

• Like 1

anisotrophic
2 hours ago, ryn2 said:

That’s the core experience that separates being naturally polyamorous from naturally monoamorous... the experience of “the more love I give to one of my partners, the more love I have to give to the other(s).”

oof. I really didn't expect it. My spouse dated someone in a poly drama network, years ago, and honestly I spent 15+ years thinking poly people are nuts! 😅

• Like 1

ryn2
7 minutes ago, anisotrophic said:

poly people are nuts!

That particular one could have been!  :)

• Like 1