How do YOU compromise in a mixed relationship?

Sinking_In

On 10/12/2020 at 12:34 AM, Sinking_In said:

Got lucky and had another date night last night with my wife, home alone, dinner and movies. We shared intimacy we haven't shared in many many months. We also spent the morning together, and it was really nice. I feel a little more connection with her recently, which seems to be growing for us both. I'd like to keep this going. It's really nice. Things are also going very well with my limerence lover and my poly friend. More on those as more develops.

I've never seen the whole Twilight series, but I did catch it this weekend. Not a fan, but I found a little tidbit in there, a mention of polyamory between werewolves. Unfortunately, it didn't seem positive, nor elaborated upon (perhaps it is in the books?). If I had to choose the whole "#" thing that surrounded this series, it's gotta be #teamAlice. LOL

From my understanding, it isnt so much polyamory as ... biological. A bond is forced between the wolf and the imprint person. They have no control over it. Even if they are in love with someone else, they must be devoted to whoever they imprint on. It doesn't have to be romantic or sexual, but it usually gets in the way of relationships outside of the bond. In the final movie / book Jacob imprints on a newborn infant. The trio of werewolves ran into fighting because one imprinted on another and it broke up the previous relationship and caused jealousy... 

17 hours ago, Serran said:

From my understanding, it isnt so much polyamory as ... biological. A bond is forced between the wolf and the imprint person. They have no control over it. Even if they are in love with someone else, they must be devoted to whoever they imprint on. It doesn't have to be romantic or sexual, but it usually gets in the way of relationships outside of the bond. In the final movie / book Jacob imprints on a newborn infant. The trio of werewolves ran into fighting because one imprinted on another and it broke up the previous relationship and caused jealousy... 

Yeah, it was an imprint triangle, Leah imprinted on Sam who imprinted on Emily, who I assume also imprinted on Sam. Not sure if they can imprint on multiple people, but they seemed to mention new imprints could cancel out old imprints, or at least that's how Leah made it sound it could be for her, that it would be possible for Jacob to help her out of it. The only reason I thought the triad poly was that it seemed Sam was carrying on a primary relationship with Emily, but a secondary one with Leah, though Leah was definitely not happy being secondary. I could be wrong, though. Like I said, I didn't get too into it :D 

On 10/13/2020 at 3:25 AM, CBC said:

The takeaway points for me were that Kristen Stewart is hot, the guy who plays Jacob looks like an alpaca

He'll always be Sharkboy to me

latest?cb=20200731155956

Mountain House
On 10/11/2020 at 10:34 PM, Sinking_In said:

I feel a little more connection with her recently, which seems to be growing for us both.

I want to say Yay!  Being the guy following you in a similar journey, watching you take leaps has been scary.

3 hours ago, Sinking_In said:

Yeah, it was an imprint triangle, Leah imprinted on Sam who imprinted on Emily, who I assume also imprinted on Sam. Not sure if they can imprint on multiple people, but they seemed to mention new imprints could cancel out old imprints, or at least that's how Leah made it sound it could be for her, that it would be possible for Jacob to help her out of it. The only reason I thought the triad poly was that it seemed Sam was carrying on a primary relationship with Emily, but a secondary one with Leah, though Leah was definitely not happy being secondary. I could be wrong, though. Like I said, I didn't get too into it :D 

He'll always be Sharkboy to me

latest?cb=20200731155956

https://twilightsaga.fandom.com/wiki/Imprinting

• 1 month later...

It's been about a month, and things are going well! I have been on a number of dates with my wife, spent time with friends and family, I'm still seeing my limerence lover, and I finally met in person one of the poly women I've been chatting with. I'm being very open with everyone (or as much as with my wife as she'd care to know), and everyone seems to be open to me :D I'm discovering I may be poly, after all. The more I share, the more I feel I have to share, and the more comfortable I am with those I'm with. I'm careful not to get too carried away, though. I honestly feel my wife is #1, and that my limerence lover is my closest girlfriend outside of my marriage. Getting to know a few more poly people is still within everyone's current comfort level, and so far those aren't necessarily leading to something physically sexual beyond some fun flirty conversations, mostly involving some level of kink. My wife has told me, directly, that kink does nothing for her, and can be more of a turn off than anything else, so I haven't had much opportunity to express that part of myself. Now that I am, there is something being awakened in me, and that being a Dom for subs is coming quite naturally to me. I'll elaborate on this as I learn more about it, myself. In short, when I share my own fantasies, women who identify as "sub" are extremely turned on by it  :D

Archived