KeKatCookie

Sounds like you might be demigirl. You relate somewhat to being a female but not enough to fully embrace it. 

I’m similar, but bi-gender. I have both a masculine side and a feminine side even though I’m AFAB with the body to go with it(big breasts and wide hips arrrggghh!). One side or the other will assert itself or both will assert to some degree. 

And I know what it’s like to have a mother that doesn’t fully understand. Lately I’ve been wearing men’s dress pants and shirts to church and my mom is getting suspicious. And I’m thinking really? Does God really care if I wear a dress or skirt to church? 🙄 *sigh* Even when I wear feminine cut pants she still objects. *sigh* I can only imagine how you must feel having to wear something like that to work. I guess it’s an office setting? 

I also wear a binder, so I recommend going to gendergear.ca, or GC2B. 

I feel you a bit there. I'm afab agender, but it sounds like you could be demigirl or bigender, possibly. If you do decide to bind, please be careful about it. I've damaged my body with unsafe binding before. I do hope you're able to figure out who you are. It's rather difficult. Gender dysphoria is no fun. It may be worth for you looking at nonbinary identities, and possibly looking at various pronouns. The best of luck to you!

Could you talk to your supervisor about the makeup issue?  If you don't want to tell them about gender stuff, you could claim to suffer from a sensitivity to cosmetics.

I'm definitely in that boat - female pronouns and titles are weird to my ears, even my own name is more feminine than I feel. I almost never wear dresses or makeup (and I'm generally resentful when I have to). But...I don't want to be male, nor do I do anything to change my body shape (other than wearing baggy clothing). If my chest could magically disappear overnight, I'd do that, but I don't care enough to risk surgery.

I'm not happy in my skin, but as long as I don't look at myself I'm okay. :D 

And I try not to spend too much time worrying about what I should or shouldn't be doing, or whether I fall under any sort of category. I'm just out here doing me, whatever that happens to be.

2 hours ago, KeKatCookie said:

I want to be comfortable with who I am, I really do, but I'm struggling even more now. I feel like I'm not female enough & that's okay? I don't want to change... But I don't feel like a woman. Nor do I feel like a man, I know I'm not trans. 

I always say, no gender, no problem. It's very freeing, since you can still look and present however you want, feminine, masculine, andro, furry, sea cucumber, starfish, whatever. Total freedom 😺

Apart from some details, I could have written this. For what it's worth, I have to dress up for work as well and don't feel as neutral about it as I could be, by any stretch. I always change straight away when I get home.

Archived