Aces, would you date an allosexual?

crazy ace

Aces, would you date an allosexual?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Aces, would you date an allosexual?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe (explain in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

I clicked maybe but literally the only way I would is if it was an open relationship. I would never have a monogamous relationship with an allosexual. 

AceMissBehaving

I went maybe because I wouldn’t rule it out completely, but leaning heavily towards no 

14 minutes ago, Evren said:

I clicked maybe but literally the only way I would is if it was an open relationship. I would never have a monogamous relationship with an allosexual. 

Neither would I... but then again, I wouldn't agree to a mono/closed relationship with a fellow ace either. It's poly/open from day one, or "no, thank you".  :)

As for the poll, I clicked maybe, because being sexual is not the be-all and end-all deciding factor (and the person I was happy with for six and a half years, and who was happy with me for six - but not the crucial half year at the end - was sexual).

But I think the chance of me dating/being in a 'ship with anybody, ever again, is slim to none, regardless of their orientation. One-in-a-million chance to even find someone who fits, and even then, the Damocles sword of going through another torturous breakup simply isn't worth it. Better to play it safe and remain single.

firewallflower

I went with maybe/depends. I'm not opposed to the idea, though in practice it may be unlikely to work out. But if I meet someone who is not asexual and we fall in love and everything else aligns and we can build a mutually satisfying relationship despite (a)sexuality differences, let's go for it. Not saying said scenario is particularly likely to ensue, but if it does? The fact of their sexuality is not a dealbreaker for me.

The "good" (😕) news: even taking (a)sexuality out of the picture, and especially given possible aromanticism as well, I don't feel any too optimistic about my relationship odds anyway, so it may well be a moot point. :P

I have before.  Long as it doesn't mean sex is expected of me + I get the impression that I am appreciated more than just sexually, I don't feel like it is a big problem.

For what it's worth, the one relationship I've had (my first) with someone that was surely a sexual person did tick both of those boxes.  The relationship didn't last, but it was due to other reasons.

I don't date period.

I don't have any interest in dating, but if I did I wouldn't date a sexual person. If they wanted sex from me I know myself well enough to know I would grow to resent and then hate them for it, and if they didn't I would feel guilty, even if we were poly and their 'needs' were being met elsewhere. A recipe for misery all round.

Well I don't date  because I don't get romance or any will to live together with somebody.

But I'm not fully ace either. No vote from me on this poll.

Thank you for this one, crazy ace. I find the few results so far very interesting. I will keep checking back. It opens a whole new idea, who is more open to an open relationship, sexual or asexual, generally speaking? (not that I'm asking you to start yet another poll, LOL!)

I'm going to say no. I mean I am married to a sexual person now and have only dated sexual people because I didn't realize it was something that wasn't going to get better. But now that I finally am coming to terms with how I feel I would never want to put myself or another person through this. I feel so guilty right now that I am neglecting my husband because I know he is sexual. But also I dread having sex because I just dont enjoy it what so ever. And I'm realizing the more often I do finally have sex with him it just makes me feel worse and then I jusy wait even longer between times. So no if I dont make it work with my husband I will never be willing to put myself through dating a sexual person ever again

Anthracite_Impreza

Mecha-romantic, so no humans at all.

Aroace, so I don't really *date,* but I wouldn't mind being in a QPR with someone. Heavily unlikely to be with an allosexual, but if I get to know them and am actually to the point where I'd consider being their partner.... that's rare enough that I'd consider it no matter their sexual orientation (obviously, assuming that they're actually interested in me).

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

No, I wouldn't. They absolutely have to be asexual as well.

No. I don't know if I am fully aromantic, but I don't want a relationship, I couldn't support someone else along with myself, and I couldn't fulfill their needs. If I did love someone, I wouldn't be the best thing for them. If they were allo, I also couldn't meet their physical needs, so I certainly wouldn't be doing them any favors.

I might have a possibility of having a relationship, I can't rule it out, but that would have to be asexual.

A platonic non-dating relationship would be very welcome, though.

I said maybe, because it took me 50 years to realise what was 'wrong' with me, and I experimented hard to find the connection I have never managed to feel. I married a sexual guy. It's not easy, but life would be far poorer alone. So yeah, although an ace QPR would be ideal, I don't hate the idea of being with a sympathetic sexual. But there would have to be an agreement in advance.

I might if they asked, but I would naturally doubt it would get very far. Been there, done that, but who knows? I'm ok to keep checking.

I've said no, because I could see this being a point of conflict from day one 

I picked "yes" because it wouldn't be the deciding factor on if I stayed with them or not. I would require a sexual to have a low libido and be very willing to compromise. I know some who would just NOT be compatable with me, but I've met quite a few (like on AVEN) who are driven by other things before they're driven by sex, and so a compromise is more likely. 

Twisted Tempest

I picked no, and it isn't that I have anything against them. It's just that if sex is something that they want, I simply couldn't do that, and then I would feel like I'm letting them down. 

all guys I dated were allosexual, so yes. as long as they're not crazy about sex, it's okay to me.  

• 2 weeks later...

If I did meet someone who was very understanding and also a swell person then yeah I don't see why not, but I would definitely prefer another ace who would understand better

• 7 months later...

I think I am not sex-repulsed (well there is a lot of sexual activities that I find repulsive, but it really depends on how we define sex), so maybe... if I loved the person and they were understanding, it would not be a reason to break up, I guess.

Leaning towards no but voted 'maybe' as don't want to rule it out completely if compatibility would be higher than with another ace.

Rhyn Corinn

Voted maybe just in case I happen to meet an allo who's ok with not having sex, but otherwise my answer would be no. Sex just...isn't possible for me.

fooledbysecrecy

i don't think i would date at all

I clicked maybe.

I'm aro ace,so relationships are a big no-no.But i wouldn't mind being with anyone in a relationship,as long as it's QPR.

And my ideal QPR would basically be friendship.We would be each other's best friends.We'd live in the same house,but everyone would have their own room.

There would be no kissing and let's not even talk about sex.

But the chances of me finding anyone willing to do this are basically non existent.

So yeah,i guess i'll be alone forever...

GingerRose

Depends how open they would be to the fact that I am still figuring out what I like sexually~sensually...

Archived