How many tabs do you have open?

Snao Cone

Browser tabs  

236 members have voted

1. 1. How many tabs (or windows) do you have open in your browser right now?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five
    • Six
    • More than six
    • Zero because I've learned to surf the internet in my mind and my mind alone
  2. 2. Is this more, less, or the same as usual?

• More
    • Less
    • About the same as usual
    • I think you mean "fewer" for #2, Snao

This poll is closed to new votes

I clearly misjudged the range of normal given how many people have well over six tabs open. :P 

cosmosredshift7

i'm completely guilty with 11 tabs open sdfj; sdlfj

i keep my writing tabs on google docs open, i have a few fanfics that i'm in-between reading, and i have a facebook and tumblr 

Three. Generally, I try to keep it under five (if I accrue substantially more than that, it's time to bookmark for later, even if "later" may turn out "never"... I have A LOT of bookmarks.)

At work 6 i think (shipping sites,mail, calander) And at home 3 (aven,mail,and something else)

I always have 2-3 window's open with about 50 taps each, I have 3 screen's and about every webpage I ever use is always opened in one tab. (and most tap's I have opened in multiple operating system's, windows is better for gaming, and Linux better for multitasking)

Orion the Hunter

I have hundreds. I keep forgetting to close them. Then to find something takes all day

CancerIsAStarsign

I only have two, but normally at least six. email, AVEN, lioden, Google Classroom, and various docs. (School computer! ❤️ )

Usually no more than 4 or 5, having loads of tabs open is too messy for me

Cheshire-Cat

I have 12. 6 AVEN (because of needing many declass pages open to declass) and 6 for my uni work.

firewallflower

I have 7 at the moment, which is not unusual for me, but it's hard to say what is usual either. Could be anywhere from one to over a dozen.

KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

14, though I'm trying to make 10 my limit. 

14; that's usual.  

BTW, has anyone else noticed that AVEN has been slow the last few weeks?  None of the other sites I use are slow.  

I guess 193 counts as "more than six", lol.

This is actually about a third as many as I had a few months ago, but I had firefox's session restore file corrupt across a crash so I lost a bunch of them.

I also have like almost 100,000 bookmarks… I swear I'm not trying to be the stereotypical ADHD case it just winds up being that way unintentionally, lol.

I'm currently at around 175+ tabs and I usually have 75 to 250 tabs open. Thing is, I can't often use the Internet and I love reading fanfiction, so I open one story after another in new tabs, then read the stories and close the tabs. 

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

11 right now. It can be very inconsistent how many I have open at any given time.

4, divided over 2 windows.

85 tabs on my phone's chrome app though.... :lol:

lilyofthevalley

6. Normally anywhere between 1 and 15 (I can’t be bothered to close tabs until it slows my phone or computer down)

On my phone, I have 30 open right now. I used to have over 50, but I recently made a cleaning, because I wasn't interested in these things anymore and opened a whole new bunch related to time units and system units and the such.

On the computer, I have 4 on chrome and 3 on Microsoft Edge. The tabs on the computer are always few, unless I'm searching something, then I can go up to 40 or 50 tabs and I always close them when I shut down the computer. Normally, I have 10 or more on the computer, so it's less than normal. On the phone, I can get very intense and get to the over 99 and not close then down, until my own browser closes them alone. 

• 7 months later...

I don't even know how many I have open, I get a ":D" instead of a count after 99 ... And that happened a long long time ago

fooledbysecrecy

6 at the moment, more or less the usual amount.

erichamion

Is it even possible to have fewer than six tabs open? This question is like asking "How many hours have you slept in the past decade", while only giving options of up to 6.

At the moment, 66 tabs in regular Chrome, 16 in incognito Chrome, and 2 in Firefox.

Archived