How many tabs do you have open?

Snao Cone

Browser tabs  

236 members have voted

1. 1. How many tabs (or windows) do you have open in your browser right now?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five
    • Six
    • More than six
    • Zero because I've learned to surf the internet in my mind and my mind alone
  2. 2. Is this more, less, or the same as usual?

• More
    • Less
    • About the same as usual
    • I think you mean "fewer" for #2, Snao

This poll is closed to new votes

Just how many tasks are you trying to juggle on the internet right now???

RoseGoesToYale

On my laptop alone, three. Usually it's around five. I also have another one open on my desktop.

Does it count if I have multiple things open? Like a Word Doc, a couple PPTs, and 4 tabs? 

Just now, SithGirl said:

Does it count if I have multiple things open? Like a Word Doc, a couple PPTs, and 4 tabs? 

Just what's open in your internet browser, so not including other programs like Word, etc.

1 minute ago, Snao van der Cone said:

Just what's open in your internet browser, so not including other programs like Word, etc.

Yeah I figured, though my screen is a mess and unnavigatable 

I can't have too many open; otherwise, my computer will freeze/crash. I've had some sites, like forums with ads, take up a lot of space on the computer, causing it to suddenly not work.

I burst out laughing at the poll options, honestly.  Like, single digits, really?

I've got well over a hundred.

11. It's usually this much or up to 20. I just never close tabs I want to read/look at later instead of using the bookmark feature 💀 or I'm playing a game and need the wiki + looking at pics of something else + have a youtube vid going + stuff open for my job/studying. I multitask a lot lol

Seven. It’s about that all the time.

I've learned to be sparse after all the tabs made my computer sob routinely. YES IT'S OLD.

*pats laptop* (Shh...it's okay...)

Usually just the one, unless I'm reading threads or something, then I'll open up about 5 at a time, and close them as I'm done with them. Either that, or I'm looking in to something or comparing something or something along those lines. Either way, it doesn't stay more than one for very long usually.

13 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

I burst out laughing at the poll options, honestly.  Like, single digits, really?

I've got well over a hundred.

Tab hoarder, eh?

Four, all pinned because they are the sites I always leave open in the background and refresh every so often. I'm a little obsessive about maintaining a clean UI.

14 minutes ago, wyrdwyrm said:

I've learned to be sparse after all the tabs made my computer sob routinely. YES IT'S OLD.

*pats laptop* (Shh...it's okay...)

:lol: Glad to know I'm not the only one with an "old" laptop. Although, I don't really think of mine as "old," because it's only around four or five years old and still works.

EmotionalAndroid

I usually have a ton of different youtube videos open. I listen to music a lot on youtube and I like watching the same videos over and over, so I keep them open.

I have 26 tabs open. As it happens, 23 of them are related to the same task.
14 of them are research literature, 9 are Stack Overflow

...listen yo, programming is a tab-hungry progress 

56 minutes ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

:lol: Glad to know I'm not the only one with an "old" laptop. Although, I don't really think of mine as "old," because it's only around four or five years old and still works.

Mine is from...2012? '13? Somewhere in there. The computer repair technicians just shake their heads sadly at me now.

My phone is the worst for it. I get to reading fanfiction and get bored with one and open another one and then transition to a whole new fandom and then open about six of those and then three of a another fandom that I just remembered and then I open an old favorite because something in the new one reminded me of it. and before you know it I have 30 tabs open. I try to keep it to 20 or under because it starts to affect my phone speed when I get more than that. 

about 15... but it's a matter of browsers open. like i have four browsers open rn with a handful of tabs each, it's an organization thing

Six right now, but that tends to grow until the page file is clogged so badly the system is nearly unusable and I have to reboot it. I have a factory-crippled HP-Compaq microtower that's over a decade old so it chokes way too easily. I had to gut the thing almost completely a while back to replace a bulging capacitor near the Southbridge chip, something I wouldn't have bothered with had I had access to something better.

I have a beige full ATX/WTX tower case with 500W power supply sitting in my storage room and a couple extra 500 gig Western Digital hard drives. If I could get my hands on a new ASUS or ASRock motherboard with the RAM maxed out and a good graphics card I'd be in business.

4 open now, 3 of which are Aven. 

I would say about normal

I work with bookmarks and all tabs being deleted when I close the browser. So I accumulate a bunch (7 or so perhaps. More if I am doing researchy stuff. Ace of Mind is correct about programming) then regularly I close it all down and start over fresh.

I have 4 open right now, which is regular for a leisurely internet session for me. 

Right now, 56, some of which are threads/sites I've been meaning to get around to for MONTHS. That's not an unusual number, but it tends to be closer to 30 most of the time. 

One. 

It's rare that I'll have more than two open 

Horse Ham Radio

Only three right now, which is probably less than usual. However I work to ensure I have no tabs left open at the end of each day (and almost always manage that). There is nothing I hate more than waking in the morning, looking at my device, and seeing a billion tabs there that I need to get to. New day, new mind. A clean slate to design the day on :)

Archived