• various days
    • not my problem
    • don't have a bin
    • More than 1 bin day per week

This poll is closed to new votes

joys of home

what day is your bin day?

mine is wednesday morning

every other Monday but sometimes they skip a week because of holidays and I have to keep trash inside.

Before I got the cat, that meant that local mice would get in and engorge themselves on my trash.

AceMissBehaving

At first I read this is Bi Day / Garbage Day, and was all “woah there buddy!” 

Hurray for second takes 

RoseGoesToYale

I live in an apartment, so technically not my problem. The trucks seem to come for the dumpsters either monday or tuesday.

Wednesday, one week rubbish, alternate week anything recyclable 

firewallflower

Every Tuesday morning (except when the schedule is changed for holidays) garbage and recycling  is collected in my neighborhood, as well as compost in the warm months. It's my job to get the carts down to the curb for pickup (I do this Monday nights), which is fine at this time of year, but not so easy when there's a foot of snow on the ground. :P

Different days of the week.

Plastic/Recyc ("yellow trash") is every other Tuesday;

Paper ("blue trash") once a month (on Wednesdays... I think? I rarely bother with that as I tend to just collect paper & cardboard in a box to dump off at the landfill every other months or so); 

all remaining stuff ("gray trash") is weekly on Fridays... but I can go months without putting the bin out because 95+% of my trash is plastic or paper anyway.

garbage day is on monday, as it should be lol, any other day feels wrong somehow

I don’t know in my hometown because it changes a lot. At my UK house, it’s Mondays. Alternating weeks for landfill/recycling.

9 minutes ago, Mysticus Insanus said:

all remaining stuff ("gray trash")

I thought that said gay trash and now I’m dying

There are different days for when I take out the trash or recycling. According to my notes, trash is collected on Tuesday and Friday mornings (I always take it out Monday night) and recycling is collected on Wednesday (I can take it out whenever, that's just when it's collected). 

15 minutes ago, CBC said:

Wow you must really live in the middle of nowhere. My parents are way out in the countryside and still have a garbage day.

15 miles to town. 5 miles to nearest store of any kind (the sodas and chips only kind). 50 miles round trip each day for work. 

Edit: And our road isnt even paved...

I thought this topic would be about hitting the streets on trash nights in search of useful, repairable items. It stands to reason though as I've been scavenging and tinkering for most of my life. Most of my treasures come from online freebie ads these days; not much quality stuff hits the curb anymore. However, my freezer was a curb find, got it just over a year ago. It's charged with R12 so it keeps things plenty cold even with the temperature dial at about half.

15 hours ago, Ferocious Cub said:

Mine is twice a week, so I didn't know how to vote...

Added option, more than 1 day per week :)

Huh, apparently Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for trash, Monday and Thursday for recyclables, and Wednesday for food and yard waste.

I didn't know any of that! :D

Both the trash and the recycling bin are collected every other Tuesday where I live.

Not my problem since I live in an apartment complex that has a dumpster. I’m not sure which day(s) the garbage truck comes to collect it to be honest.

this question is hard to answer for me 😀 here where I live, we only leave our garbage bags outside the house, just on the street next to our front door, then the proper people come and pick them up. we have it scheduled for every two weeks, but the day is different for each type of garbage (yeah, we have to keep them sorted). so Mondays are for organic waste (we call it restafval), and Thursdays are for plastic and paper. some other places have also a day for glass, for example, but we get rid of glass ourselves.

Garbage day is every Monday morning for us. Recycling bins are out every other Monday. 

I have 4 different bin's; plastic, paper, food and garden trash, and other trash (except glass, I need to bring that to the end of the street) so multiple times a week it is. most bins will be collected once every 2 week's but in the winter some are collected once every 3 week's (I'm happy I get an email from the trash collecting company a day before they come to collect it)

• 1 year later...

@iff

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived