Are sexuals secretly mentally suffering from sexual denial in a sexual/asexual relationship?

cupid69

There must be many sexuals in a sexual/asexual relationship who are denied sex on a regular or even intermittent basis . It would be interesting to hear from sexuals what they are really feeling. I suspect many sexuals in these types of relationships are secretly hiding their true feelings as not to upset their SO.

Guest Guest. (Sea horse)
24 minutes ago, Apostle said:

There must be many sexuals in a sexual/asexual relationship who are denied sex on a regular or even intermittent basis . It would be interesting to hear from sexuals what they are really feeling. I suspect many sexuals in these types of relationships are secretly hiding their true feelings as not to upset their SO.

Luckily for them, they've got the 'Sexual partners and Allies' thread to vent on...Are you worried that not enough asexuals look at that, so you need to shove it in their face on here as well?

everywhere and nowhere

Is the word "denial" even used in the meaning "being denied (access to) something"? I thought it meant "lying to oneself".

While I don't like acronymania, a backronym created to illustrate the word "denial" expresses this meaning well. I read about it in some article explaining that words of acronymic origin are very rare in English prior to the twentieth century and the F word, "posh" and several others aren't acronyms (as it is sometimes claimed). It also noted that backronyms are sometimes created for mnemotechnic purposes - and, supposedly, Alcoholics Anonymous explain the word "DENIAL" as "Don't Even Notice I Am Lying" - to help people remember that denial is a very common part of addiction and make them more aware of its signs.

Guest Guest. (Sea horse)

If I apologise for expressing an asexual point of view on the sexual partners etc thread, will you stop taking it out on all the other asexuals who haven't done anything to you?

And can AVEN put a sodding warning on that sub-forum so nobody else stumbles upon it like I did. It's ruined my fucking life. 

I don't think I was feeling quite guilty and shitty enough before I discovered it....If I also tell you I feel like absolute crap about being the asexual in my previous relationship, to the point I'm not at work - I'm off sick with depression and myalgia, will that make you feel better?

30 minutes ago, Guest. (Sea horse) said:

Luckily for them, they've got the 'Sexual partners and Allies' thread to vent on...Are you worried that not enough asexuals look at that, so you need to shove it in their face on here as well?

Oh please! Stop being so silly!

I'm not posting this for asexuals to comment on. This is for sexuals to comments on. As a sexual I have as much right to post this as you have to comment. 

We know who you are and accept who you are. Just get on with life, for goodness sake!

Shouldn't feel bad about being ace in your previous relationship cause 1) He sounds like a jerk and 2) there is nothing wrong with being ace .. just makes ya not compatible with some people. Same as being child free.

But this seems to be a thread stemming from the Q&A thread over in SPFA, posted in the wrong section. 

3 minutes ago, Guest. (Sea horse) said:

If I apologise for expressing an asexual point of view on the sexual partners etc thread, will you stop taking it out on all the other asexuals who haven't done anything to you?

And can AVEN put a sodding warning on that sub-forum so nobody else stumbles upon it like I did. It's ruined my fucking life. 

I don't think I was feeling quite guilty and shitty enough before I discovered it....If I also tell you I feel like absolute crap about being the asexual in my previous relationship, to the point I'm not at work - I'm off sick with depression and myalgia, will that make you feel better?

Yeah, I've got depression too for being an enforced celibate.

Funny how it's only asexuals who are posting on this thread, isn't it? Something funny going on there.

1 minute ago, Apostle said:

Funny how it's only asexuals who are posting on this thread, isn't it? Something funny going on there.

CBC and I are not asexual. Edit: And you get a lot more aces when you post in a section for asexual relationships since its the well, ace section. This thread won't go many places til it is moved. Not a lot of sexuals read this section regularly. 

2 minutes ago, Guest. (Sea horse) said:

Views of sexual men: very firmly reinforced.

Decision to avoid such people: validated

You really think that? Perhaps shows the sort of men you either mix with or have known.

Just now, Apostle said:

Not male either.

Big difference.

Uh. Ok. 

I guess Padante and Feral and Martin (all sexual males, all happy in relationships with aces last I talked to them) would be unwelcome to post too since they aren't frustrated and don't identify as "forced celibate". 

Why not just say "only people like me are welcome" in the OP if that is your stance?

8 minutes ago, Apostle said:

Are you an incel?

8 minutes ago, Apostle said:

It's almost as if this were an asexual visibility and education website. Funny that.

Archived