Anyone else lost the ability to feel a spark of attraction?

SorryNotSorry

I have, and to be honest it feels kind of freeing... now I have more enthusiasm for learning new skills and monetizing hobbies.

I still feel attraction towards others, but at the same time, I also have thoughts in the back of my mind that if a woman were to want to be with me, she must be cheating on someone, so I only feel attraction from a distance

killua_is_coming

Yeah, I think I did. I'm not sure I really know what it's like to be sexually or romantically attracted to someone anyway...  I agree that it feels freeing sometimes, other times not so much... It can make me feel isolated. But knowing there's other people like me, like you guys from AVEN, sure makes me feel a lot better. 

Re the guy who was patronizing me (see my earlier thread for more on this)... when I told him today about having lost the ability to feel amorous attraction, he replied “there has to be someone out there for you”. I told him she’ll be built in a factory someday. He laughed about that, even though he knew what I meant.

To an extent yes. I ignored people that weren’t my friends before for the most part and rarely have crushes, but I’ve been more accepting with the situation that I’m in than I used to.

I'm just the opposite. Until a few months ago I'd never experienced attraction, and to do so for the first time rather caught me by surprise. 

21 hours ago, SkyenAutowegCaptain said:

I'm just the opposite. Until a few months ago I'd never experienced attraction, and to do so for the first time rather caught me by surprise. 

Been there, done it. It made me feel very uncomfortable and I wanted out.

Archived