Your tango — Are You Asexual? 15 Signs You Might Be Somewhere On The Asexuality Spectrum

Homer

Don't worry — what you're feeling is totally normal.

I remember the first time I met an asexual person. His name, for the purpose of this article, we’ll say is Fred. Fred was a very attractive man. He was tall, lean, blonde, with blue eyes and cheekbones a model would kill for.

And despite all the attraction both men and women felt for him, he never really seemed that interested in sex.

September 9 — https://www.yourtango.com/2018317490/am-i-asexual-what-is-asexuality-where-it-lands-on-the-sexuality-spectrum

Just now, CBC said:

"In fact, there's actually an asexuality spectrum. Some people can only feel sexual attraction when they know the person very well."

😫

Sigh.

I was wondering how long it would take for 'spectrum' to be mentioned 😂 congrats CBC only 8 minutes!

It's infuriating. I could get the confusion if a "spectrum" made any sense, but...

". When you see an attractive person, you’re more curious about their personality than anything else.

When you have a sexual orientation that involves sexual attraction, you tend to think about their looks or how they would be in bed. You start thinking of dating and making out with them.

When you’re asexual, you’re more concerned about whether they are funny or if they watch the same shows as you"

--------

Erm. Ew. That makes sexuals seem like shallow don't care about the person at all. The writer may just jump after every hot person with no thought of their personality but I know plenty of people who think about what the person would be like as... well... a person. 

Didn't read, but I'm going to write my own:

1. You have never felt sexually attracted to anyone. 

2. You feel no intrinsic desire to include partnered sex as part of a healthy breakfast relationship.

3. A very charming and/or beautiful person is naked on your bed right now and you don't know how to kindly ask them to leave. 

4. When you're making out with your partner and they start to put their hands down your pants, all the plants in your house (with which you have a psychic connection, OBVIOUSLY) wilt and make a cartoonish sound to accompany that. 

5. You'd rather eat cake than have sex. And I mean, like, carrot cake. Without cream cheese icing. Gross, right? Might as well just eat a fucking carrot to save the dishes you'll have to wash. 

6. The thought has never occurred to you to initiate sex, not even when you're in the middle of having it. 

7. You enjoy masturbating, but your libido gets killed when the love of your life gets involved. 

8. You haven't had sex (ever or in x years) and the thought hasn't occurred to you to try. 

9. You've been an active AVEN member for a long time but have yet to feel invalidated. 

10. Uhhhhh you reproduce by budding? Is that funny, or just trite? 

11. You've read this list this far in (because asexuality is defined as tolerating Snao's jokes). 

12. Your "sex dreams" are about creating AVEN memes in the nude. 

13. Tyke is your stepfather. 

14. When someone proposes sex you change the topic of conversation to obscene medieval artwork. 

15. You feel compelled to announce bodily functions to the world. 

There you go! 

Another similar junk article to me, there’s so many of these gosh.

Archived