Weird sounds from parents bedroom at night ;-;

I have always found it really annoying and uncomfortable,even if as a kid I didn't know why they do these sounds. Come'one. I'm trying to sleep and I hear this. My parents were telling me that they had just nightmares. But at least I was wise and I didn't go to check what's going on. Anyone with similar situation? Maybe as a kid you entered their room in wrong moment? Just asking.

Lord Jade Cross

Theres usually one activity at night that parents will be engaging in. Thankfully, I never had to hear it because my parents were separated

RoseGoesToYale

When I was five, I overheard my mom and her boyfriend. When I asked her what was happening, she told me she was crying and not to worry about it.

ย 

So every time I heard that I thought it was a relationship spat. Imagine my surprise when I found out what really caused those sounds...

Could be worse, I once walked in on my parents to ask what was going onย 

ย 

#very light sleeping seven year oldย 

Get a sleep-machine.

ย 

I found birth control stuff that belonged to my mom when I was about 9 so I can sort of relate.

45 minutes ago, luna07 said:

There's a wikihow article that specifically talks about how to deal with this. Could be helpful, here's the link:ย https://www.wikihow.com/Deal-With-Catching-Your-Parents-Having-Sex

The first part of that I find very amusing with the emphasis on "never bring it up with them ever again". :Pย But I can see how that would be useful for people who don't know how to process things like that, especially kids.

WanderingKate

Ah, this is one of the few times I've been happy to grow up with a single parent...thank god my mom wasn't much for the dating scene, I was such an oblivious kid and I never knocked, so I'm sure I would've walked in on something :Dย 

ย 

Our houseย must have had good insulation. The males of the homeย didn't always clear their browsing history though.....๐Ÿ˜

1 hour ago, Firefly8 said:

Our houseย must have had good insulation. The males of the homeย didn't always clear their browsing history though.....๐Ÿ˜

I feel like Iโ€™m the only male that has never looked for that stuff on the internet.

Never heard or caught mine (and our rooms were very close by when I was young!)

Thank god.

In my mind my parents just haven't had sex since I was born - AND I WON'T ACCEPT ANY STATEMENT TO THE CONTRARY, NO MATTER HOW LIKELY IT IS TO BE TRUE! ๐Ÿ˜œย 

22 hours ago, Dreamer23 said:

Never heard or caught mine (and our rooms were very close by when I was young!)

Thank god.

In my mind my parents just haven't had sex since I was born - AND I WON'T ACCEPT ANY STATEMENT TO THE CONTRARY, NO MATTER HOW LIKELY IT IS TO BE TRUE! ๐Ÿ˜œย 

Thatโ€™s the spirit!

2 minutes ago, CBC said:

Lol... from the article:

ย 

"Never, ever mention what you saw or did, and move on with your life."

Pretty much good advice for any situation.

8 hours ago, CBC said:

Lol... from the article:

ย 

"Never, ever mention what you saw or did, and move on with your life."

Don't even remember or think about it. It never happened.

Archived