BMI Census

Alawyn-Aebt

BMI Census  

104 members have voted

1. 1. What is your BMI (Body Mass Index or kg/m^2)?

• <14
    • 14.1-16
    • 16.1-18
    • 18.1-20
    • 20.1-22
    • 22.1-24
    • 24.1-26
    • 26.1-28
    • 28.1-30
    • 30.1-32
    • 32.1-34
    • 34.1-36
    • 36.1-38
    • 38.1-40
    • 40.1-42
    • 42.1-44
    • 44.1-46
    • 46.1-48
    • 48.1-50
    • >50.1

This poll is closed to new votes

33.7, still a bit high, but down from the 38 it was a while ago. I've had really bad binge-eating problems the last 2-3 years, and I'm still trying to get myself back into healthy habits. Healthy for me seems to be somewhere in the 24-29 range, so I'm moving in the right direction at least. 

Grumpy Alien
On 9/9/2019 at 1:56 AM, Kimchi Peanut said:

I’m the size of a baby whale and the height of a Dickensian adolescent riddled with rickets.

My BMI is currently about 40, as it turns out. It varies greatly but this is the highest it’s ever been. I need to lose the weight of a large octopus.

Janus the Fox

BMI is between 19 and 21 now with an old range of 34 to 36 some 10 years ago

My BMI is 26 which is overweight but it tells me I need to loose like just over 20kg but then that puts me in the underweight category.... 

I dont like BMI, it doesnt take in enough factors to be accurate. Ive seen it only cause anxiety in people. 

I had to look up a calculator and I'm not posting my actual number, but I'm a tiny person 😆 I've never had a doctor to be worried about me or anything though, since I've always been little and I've been healthy. I used to get teased a lot about my weight when I was younger and tried to fatten up, but even after eating like a horse idk where my calories go ☠️ they just evaporate and it's like I'm incapable of gaining weight 💀 but nowadays I'm not really worried about it. And I had one doctor who was really nice when I told her how small I hated being, and she was like "idc as long as you're healthy that's all that matters". 

18.6, just barely in the "healthy weight" range. Yet it seems to me like I could stand to lose a little fat. Probably it's just that I'm used to being skinny, I gained a bit of weight a year or so ago because of a medication I was on at the time and haven't gotten it back off. I don't judge myself by BMI so much as by how I feel, though. I have been so underweight that I was experiencing health issues because of it in the past, it was not fun. If I feel healthy, I assume I'm probably at a healthy weight for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted 24.1-26, but really, since I've been an adult it's been 24.something. I don't concern myself with it; BMI is known not to be particularly great, especially for people with more muscle. If I'm healthy and I feel good, it's all good.

To put it another way, I'm a little over 5'2", and I usually weigh somewhere between 130-135 pounds. When I was fifteen, I weighed 185 pounds (it took me about a year after I stopped growing to figure out I didn't need to eat three big meals a day any more), and when I was 23 - just after recovering from breaking my leg badly - I weighed 115 pounds, which was definitely too little for me. I felt off and I was running out of energy by the end of the day. I know plenty of people around my height who are just fine weighing as little as 100 pounds, but I'd be terribly unhealthy at that weight. BMI is better for population studies than to gauge individual health anyway, so I'm not sure why it's so prevalent for that these days.

• 8 months later...

@Alawyn-Aebt

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived