BMI Census

Alawyn-Aebt

BMI Census  

104 members have voted

1. 1. What is your BMI (Body Mass Index or kg/m^2)?

• <14
    • 14.1-16
    • 16.1-18
    • 18.1-20
    • 20.1-22
    • 22.1-24
    • 24.1-26
    • 26.1-28
    • 28.1-30
    • 30.1-32
    • 32.1-34
    • 34.1-36
    • 36.1-38
    • 38.1-40
    • 40.1-42
    • 42.1-44
    • 44.1-46
    • 46.1-48
    • 48.1-50
    • >50.1

This poll is closed to new votes

Odd topic, but weight is something people find difficulty talking about it seems so the anonymity of a poll seemed like an interesting idea. Has no relation to asexuality, it is just for fun (and I want to collect some survey data, however unreliable it might be, from the results).

I made the range between 14-40 simply because I couldn't make it larger, no specific reason beyond that.

BMI is not necessarily a reliable measure of health

Please do not respond to the thread unless you truly want to

I’m the size of a baby whale and the height of a Dickensian adolescent riddled with rickets.

I've lost a *lot* of weight. I'm honestly not sure what my BMI is, but "too high" still defines it. I do care because reasons. Mainly because it feels a lot better losing it all.

I don't know, I don't have a scale to measure myself... But I'm kinda fat and I love softness and squishiness of it 😸

WanderingKate

I actually had no idea what my BMI is so had to look up a BMI calculator :D

apparently I'm at about a 22 or 23, which is considered in the healthy range. 

I'm curious if the BMI scale is still considered accurate and a good predictor of health? I've heard a lot of conflicting opinions. I know that bodybuilders and extremely muscular people are often in the overweight category despite being extremely healthy, and some people in the healthy range barely exercise or eat well at all. 

I've always had a very slim build.  It's probably due just as much to genetics as to any habits on my part, since my dad and my brother are both built like greyhounds.

Just now, WanderingKate said:

I actually had no idea what my BMI is so had to look a BMI calculator...

apparently I'm at about a 22 or 23, which is considered in the healthy range. 

I'm curious if the BMI scale is still considered accurate and a good predictor of health? I've heard a lot of conflicting opinions. I know that bodybuilders and extremely muscular people are often in the overweight category despite being extremely healthy, and some people in the healthy range barely exercise or eat well. 

It's not very accurate- more of a rough estimate, since it doesn't take into account how muscular a person is.

I might as well be open also.

My BMI is 15.5. I do not have an eating disorder or an overactive thyroid or any other explanation; I eat what I want and however much I want. I have always been on the skinny side of things but over the past year I somehow lost ten pounds with no explanation. That is really not normal for a 19 year old male who is still growing (albeit slowly) and who gained muscle mass during that time.

It is a really odd feeling when you have a college course on starvation, malnutrition, and undernutrition and you realize your own BMI is low enough you technically count as undernourished.

And being thin is no guarantee that someone's healthy.  You can be skinny, but unhealthily out of shape.

Currently between 18 and 19.

It actually says my dad is “obese” eventhough he has a lot of muscle (I mean he’s 52 years old and was able to carry my couch up the stairs by himself when he was helping me move).

Around 32, depending on when you weight me.

Speaking of that number, going out to exercise more.

25.5, down from 31. Ask me again in a couple hours because this carcass has no idea what it's doing :D 

I am 28. Which technically means I'm overweight. Does BMI account for the fact i have a muscular build and do sport. Nope. 

Will it make me feel bad anyway. Yup

4 minutes ago, Tintinfan said:

Will it make me feel bad anyway. Yup

Feels like this is its main purpose. And also to make people buy "miracle weight loss" stuff 😼

18.??
I've always been somewhere near the border between underweight and normal, but people always say I'm too skinny.

19.4 BMI

It took me a while to get within a healthy range from being below or around 5% most of my life due to my metabolism.

21.3, which is the result of lots of food, a fast metabolism, and variable activity levels. I don't really care about my size that much, but I sometimes get a little worried that my metabolism will overtake my intake, kind of like the book Thinner but without the curse. I actually lose about five pounds every time I get moderately sick, and that slightly worries me.

29.1, which is higher than it should be, although I'm one of those people who are naturally on the chunky side. When I pinged up with diabetes, and other issues I got down to 25.2,and looked really gaunt and unhealthy. About 26.5-27 would be optimal. 

• 3 weeks later...

Somewhere around 17. Slightly worried about eventual medical problems arising from being so low, or even if an existing problem is responsible for my current weight.

I had to look up some calculator, and the result was 26.9 but it doesn't make a difference between fat and muscle so I don't think the "overweight" statement is that accurate (I have about 16% body fat)

i used a bmi calculator online and the result was 18.0 even. don’t know exactly what that means though

My BMI is very low, and yet I'm quite unhealthy, and I eat quite a lot. No one should forget that the Body Mass Index was created by a Belgian Astronomer in the 1830s and not by someone in the medical field. The numbers as to what consitutes as being a 'healthy weight' from this redundant measurement have also been changed and reduced. Anyone regardless of their size can be healthy or unhealthy. F BMI.

Anthracite_Impreza

24.9 at last check, so just in the healthy range. Still got some more to lose >.<

10 minutes ago, CBC said:

Well, within reason. Not quite. When I had a BMI of 10, there was no way to be healthy. If someone has a BMI of 60, they will not be healthy. 17 or 30? Sure. (And yes of course you can be unhealthy at any BMI; health is about far more than weight.)

That goes without saying. 🤷‍♀️

I've got one of 16 point something, which is considered underweight. But considering the fact that I live healthily (at least according to my doctor) that doesn't matter much to me. But I've got enough of people telling me that I'm too skinny and that I should eat more. Like, guess who's currently snacking on mini pretzels? 

I have no idea of how the BMI scale works, but my last medical, I was told that I'm morbidly obese, I know that I'm overweight, but I wouldn't have said that I'm morbidly obese

According to the NHS BMI calculator I am at 21.6. Bang in the middle of the healthy range which is good as I am starting to gradually put on a little weight as I'm getting older. However I really don't exercise enough (working on it) so probably not that healthy after all.

I eat lots of junk food all the time. My BMI is 15, which is underweight. I don't know why but I've always been quite small for my age, both in terms of height and weight. I think it's my genetics because I have family members who are like this too, and I apparently have a very strong resemblance to most of said family members, according to my mother.

Archived