Lee ✧

Michigan's Anti-Vaping Ban

CBC
8 minutes ago, gisiebob said:

it remains available, just not 'fun'

The flavour is a significant part of the appeal to adults who want to quit, though. Not all of them, no, but certainly some who are very reluctant to give up smoking. I do not personally find vaping nearly as... I don't know, let's go with fulfilling... as the ritual of smoking. I don't get the same thing out of vaping, just as I don't really want to eat a cookie to get high instead of smoking a bowl. Or popping a caffeine pill instead of savouring a cup of coffee. If I was hellbent on quitting via vape, that shit better taste good because the flavour will be the only enjoyable aspect of getting a nicotine hit.

• Like 2

skullery

Yeah it bugs me when everything delicious has to be banned. Can adults not still prefer deliciousness? 

• Like 3

Darth Plagueis the Wise

Teenagers do stuff because they are told not to and they think that it’ll make them cool (that’s the impression that I’ve gotten from the people in my school), sadly that means that most of the bathrooms have groups of people huddling in circles who are most likely vaping. I don’t think that a traditional campaign would do much to get behavior like this to stop.