• other family/friends
    • share with other people (not friends)
    • on my own
    • other situation
  2. 2. What are you paying to maintain your accomodation

• Rent
    • Mortgage
    • housekeeping
    • not paying anything (someone else is maintaining prooperty)
    • not paying anything (has been paid off)
    • services in lieu (child minding, maintenances etc)
    • other
  3. 3. what type of property

• semi-detached house
    • terraced
    • apartment
    • caravan
    • townhouse
    • pent house
    • Detached
    • contained flat in another persons house
    • other
    • student accomodation
    • Retirement home
  4. 4. Age

• 13 - 17 years
    • 18 - 21 years old
    • 22 - 27 years old
    • 28 - 35 years old
    • 36 - 43 years old
    • 44 - 51 years old
    • 52 - 59 years old
    • 60 - 67 years old
    • 68 - 79 years old
    • over 80 years old
  5. 5. has your living situation changed in the last year

• yes
    • no

This poll is closed to new votes

where you maintain more than one, think of the property for tax purposes you would declare as your PPR (Principal Private Residence)

i live on my own in a terraced house, for which i am paying a mortgage on

until august, i had been living with my parents

Galactic Turtle

Technically I live with my parents. My permanet address is there.

But I live on a tour bus/in a hotel because I'm traveling 11 months a year doing a theater show.

I live with my mum because I'm still a minor (16), but I'll most likely be heading off to uni in another city in two years where I'll be living on my own. Bit of a scary thought, but I'm sure I'll manage!

What's the difference between a town house and a townhouse?

I live in a single-family house that is not connected to any other house in any way, so I answered "other". Another term for it is "standalone house" or "detached house" (although that sounds odd to me since it was never attached, so how can it be detached :P ).

I live in a one room plus kitchen apartment on my own.  And I pay rent. 

I live in a I guess a detached house? I’ve been living alone for five years? I was originally renting but the previous owner gave me the option to buy, the price was decent since it needs a lot of work so I jumped on it. But now my dad thinks it’s a good idea that he moves in so he can get rent for his house and since he’s over all the time any way might as well 😵

I live on my own in an apartment that I rent. It’s been that way since I moved out of my dad’s place two years ago.

1 hour ago, daveb said:

What's the difference between a town house and a townhouse?

I've done that to 2 polls today :(

Have replaced one with detached house which I should have included

1 hour ago, daveb said:

I live in a single-family house that is not connected to any other house in any way, so I answered "other". Another term for it is "standalone house" or "detached house" (although that sounds odd to me since it was never attached, so how can it be detached :P 

I should have had detached in the first plac3

:lol: I didn't know if there was an actual difference between the 2. :D 

I live in a moderately large three bedroom house along with one of my moms and my brother. I do a good deal of the work around the house in exchange for not contributing to rent and such (things like mowing the lawn, raking the yard, shoveling snow, fixing things that need to be fixed); what of that I don't do, my brother usually does. We all get along well, there's room, and my brother and I are both freelance artists of some type, so this is what works for us.

I think "detached house" is what I consider just a typical, average sort of house? One that stands alone on its property and all? I voted for that under the assumption that is what it is.

As of next month, my spouse, a mortgage, and I guess an apartment? It’s a very strange combination of terraced and apartment. I’m 26.

In the US, I live with my mom in a regular detached house. I don’t pay anything to live there.

3 hours ago, Remmirath said:

I think "detached house" is what I consider just a typical, average sort of house? One that stands alone on its property and all?

Yep, you got it. :) 

I recently moved back in with my dad and stepmother, but share the house with other adults of varying quality. Pay rent, but not full rent I would be paying to non-family.

I'd like to live alone again, but I don't know if that will happen. They're getting older and want to move beyond where they can get family to care for them in 10 years or whatever when they need support. Right now I plan on moving with them. We take care of each other pretty well.

Been living in various studio apartments on my own for the last 10+ years since I moved out of my parents' (when heading to college)

And these days there's an ocean and a continental landmass between me and my parents, so moving back in is not exactly an option :D

Celyn: The Lutening
8 hours ago, Dreamer23 said:

And these days there's an ocean and a continental landmass between me and my parents, so moving back in is not exactly an option

Likewise, though my Nan in Wales wants me to move in with her...

Rent...I guess it's an apartment, it's that British flat above a shop thing. On my own, thank goodness.

Last year I shared a house with people I barely knew at the start but luckily they turned out to be great people and we ended up being a pub quiz team.

Single, terrace, 44-51,no. Put mortgage down for the other, but I'm in shared equity (possibily a British thing) where you can buy a percentage of the property and rent the rest 

• 1 year later...

@iff

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived