Sex Favorable Aces being told they're not Ace or Asexual

gray-a girl

2 minutes ago, Dawning said:

Remember; if you have the right to decide what someone else's sexual orientation is, that would mean that they in return have the right to decide what YOUR sexual orientation is. Good luck with that!

I have no problem with that. Take a look at my stated feelings and behavior and feel free to accurately apply a label. Couldn't care less. No one is deciding someone's orientation... just defining boundaries amongst the orientations. That should be welcome, not threatening. 

1 minute ago, Dawning said:

Remember; if you have the right to decide what someone else's sexual orientation is, that would mean that they in return have the right to decide what YOUR sexual orientation is. Good luck with that!

If I start make claims about my sexual orientation that don't make a lick of sense, yes, of course they have the right to point that out. That's how being a reasonable person instead of an entitled snowflake works.

If someone tells you that they are gay, are you saying that you question them as to whether or not they experience sexual desire as a condition as to whether or not you will accept them as gay?

Yes. Because that's what any even remotely reasonable person will agree that word means.

3 minutes ago, Dawning said:

Please go to the nearest leather bar and announce that you have this authority, LOL!!!!!!!!!

Please go to the nearest leather bar and say, "hey you folks can be totally gay, and I'm all for that, but would you just stop fucking men already? I mean, it's not like gay people have any inherent desire to do that!"

I guess that makes the Catholic Church is utterly free from any trace of homophobia, and super supportive of LGBT.

2 minutes ago, Mysticus Insanus said:

If I start make claims about my sexual orientation that don't make a lick of sense, yes, of course they have the right to point that out. That's how being a reasonable person instead of an entitled snowflake works.

Yes. Because that's what any even remotely reasonable person will agree that word means.

Please go to the nearest leather bar and say, "hey you folks can be totally gay, and I'm all for that, but would you just stop fucking men already? I mean, it's not like gay people have any inherent desire to do that!"

I guess that makes the Catholic Church is utterly free from any trace of homophobia, and super supportive of LGBT.

It looks to me like you're defining "reasonable" as someone who agrees with YOU… but who are YOU, anonymous online person about whom nothing is known or can be verified, that YOU have the authority to decide what or who is reasonable? Who gave you that authority?

Since I never have, and never WOULD, tell anyone who they should or should not have sex with, whereas you ARE telling people how they should or should not be allowed to describe their sexuality, your analogy does not hold water. I'm happy for people to decide for themselves what label they get to put on their sexuality, rather than all of the 7 billion people on this planet having to get their sexuality cleared by YOU before they can proclaim it. Since you believe that people should not have the right to decide what their sexual orientation is, I'm simply encouraging you to demonstrate the courage of your convictions.

15 minutes ago, skullery said:

I have no problem with that. Take a look at my stated feelings and behavior and feel free to accurately apply a label. Couldn't care less. No one is deciding someone's orientation... just defining boundaries amongst the orientations. That should be welcome, not threatening. 

Yeah. Same. I actually seek such advice from the LGBT communities because I want their help defining where I fit in. Not that labels matter much, but it is confusing when you think you have it all figured out and you're heteroasexual non-libidoist then suddenly are in love with a girl in miniskirts and boots who also sparks your before non-existent libido to the point you have your first orgasm from her...  at 30 years old. Sigh. Insert sexual orientation confusion again. 

So the them questioning me and giving me clear boundaries on orientations is welcome. It lends to a lot of clarity and is a lot better imo than the "whatever you decide you are, we can't help you" stuff I got from AVEN. 

Also, @skullery I assume you have probably spent a fair amount of time in gay bars. And I am guessing you feel safe holding your opinion in them. So, funny being told to go to one with such an opinion? 

Meh. I mean yeah people can use whatever label they want. But, I don't get why people get so upset at a community defending its label from people they feel don't fit it. If I decided to use sex favorable ace or demisexual and called myself asexual instead of demi ... I would be fine with asexuals telling me to butt out of their orientation label if they felt I was appropriating it. My experience doesn't match theirs. So I don't feel I have a right using their label. Even if I get them a lot more than sexuals a lot of the time. 

@SerranOh same. A very good argument can be made that I'm bisexual, and if it made people feel more comfortable if I ID'd that way so they weren't later surprised by unexpected details, I'd be fine with that. Labels are for other people to understand us. If they don't understand how we're using it, we're using it wrong. 

1 minute ago, Dawning said:

It looks to me like you're defining "reasonable" as someone who agrees with YOU… but who are YOU, anonymous online person about whom nothing is known or can be verified, that YOU have the authority to decide what or who is reasonable? Who gave you that authority?

My intelligence and adherence to logic.

Since I never have, and never WOULD, tell anyone who they should or should not have sex with, whereas you ARE telling people how they should or should not be allowed to describe their sexuality, your analogy does not hold water. I'm happy for people to decide for themselves what label they get to put on their sexuality, rather than all of the 7 billion people on this planet having to get their sexuality cleared by YOU before they can proclaim it. Since you believe that people should not have the right to decide what their sexual orientation is, I'm simply encouraging you to demonstrate the courage of your convictions.

And yet, you probably the kind of person who screams "homophobiaaaaa!" whenever gay people get told that they can be gay as long as they stop having sex with people of their own gender. 😂

Just now, skullery said:

@SerranOh same. A very good argument can be made that in bisexual, and if it made people feel more comfortable if I ID'd that way so they weren't later surprised by unexpected details, I'd be fine with that. Labels are for other people to understand us. If they don't understand how we're using it, we're using it wrong. 

Yeah... I really don't know what I would be right now. So an argument could be made for bi, pan or hetero. Guess the decision can't be made til the whole process finishes. So until then, I am a ... something. Who knows. :lol: I have been told it's best not to even worry about it yet and I tend to agree. 

2 minutes ago, Mysticus Insanus said:

My intelligence and adherence to logic.

And yet, you probably the kind of person who screams "homophobiaaaaa!" whenever gay people get told that they can be gay as long as they stop having sex with people of their own gender. 😂

So, anyone who disagrees with YOU is unintelligent and illogical, LOL? Once again, who are YOU that YOU are the yardstick against which reasonableness, intelligence and logic are measured, such that everyone should accept YOUR opinions as being the ultimate truth?  

I don't see anything remotely amusing about some of the offensive things that are said to gay people!

4 minutes ago, Dawning said:

So, anyone who disagrees with YOU is unintelligent and illogical, LOL? 

No. Anyone who says things that are logically inconsistent is unintelligent and illogical.

5 minutes ago, Dawning said:

I don't see anything remotely amusing about some of the offensive things that are said to gay people!

Then please define, without contradicting yourself, what is offensive about that. What I'm amused about is your fake outrage,

6 minutes ago, Dawning said:

Once again, who are YOU that YOU are the yardstick against which reasonableness, intelligence and logic are measured, such that everyone should accept YOUR opinions as being the ultimate truth?  

Ahem... 

And his reasonable reaction to that would be, "Yes, I AM gay, because I'm attracted to men, which is the definition of gay." No one would tell a man who says that he's attracted to other men that he's not gay…  And no one should tell an asexual who is never attracted to any human being that they are not asexual.

Do you even listen to yourself? This is so blatantly hypocritical, I cannot take you seriously.

Archived