Could you see yourself becoming a parent?

QueerAroAce

Hypothetical speaking, would you like to raise a child in the future? Or only pets, or both? None at all? I'm curious.

I could see the possibility but for now I'll say no probably not. (Only adoption or if my hypothetical partner has a child)

Only cats. If I tried to raise a human child it would probably grow up to be a serial killer or something.

No, I can't see myself  raising a kid. I wouldn't want to put a kid through this horrible experiment/game of life. Yes, I actually feel like I'm doing some hypothetical kid a favor by not having a kid. I used to think I would be ok with an adopted/step kid but not anymore. I don't really know why kids and pets are lumped together but no to pets too. I'm allergic to cats and picking up after a dog for years? I don't know. I never had a pet as a kid so maybe that's why I don't have that need. I liked having a house plant but I watered my latest one too much in the drier weather and killed it...so who knows what I'd do to a kid or pet. :) I figure after the holiday I'll go find another house plant though, I think I breathe better and feel better with some greenery around.

Pets are fine, humans are not.

i’ve always wanted to be a parent just to be able to bring someone into the world and teach them about all it’s ups and downs and make them into well rounded people in the future idk i’ve always enjoyed the idea of that. i picture myself like 15 years from now having three adopted kids and a dog and a cat and no man in my life! thought it was a nice idea idk let’s see how financially stable i am by that time lol

Definite no, even if I had a hypothetical partner who wanted one or even if I adopted one.

I would be content being an amazing uncle. It would be the best of both worlds, playing with kids sometime but knowing that I will not be continually annoyed by them.

Would definitely like to have kids some day! :) (Like the OP, preferably adopted or from a partner's prior relationship)

That being said, considering that I'm already in my early thirties and not actively looking for a partner to raise kids with, I warrant my chances for actually ever raising any are pretty slim. Oh well, the thread is about the want, not the odds! ;)

Hell no!  One pet at a time - That is all the dependency I can handle!

not_all_who_wander

Absolutely. I’d have to debate about my genes for biological children, but I’m totally open to adopting. I actually want to be a mother more than anything else in the world. I just feel this deep desire to love, support, and guide kids and give them a place they feel safe. Think that’s why I went into teaching. 

Ideally, I’d like a husband to raise a kid with, but if that doesn’t happen, I think ill wait a few years so I can get more stability and independence. Then I’ll take on a foster kid or two, and then eventually adopt once I am sure I can support a kid full time.

Not only no, but hell no. I cannot stand the screeching sounds they make.

Besides, my friend and I agreed that the only children we are going to make are death perfectly benign robots that will do nothing but harvest the skulls of the living not harvest the skulls of the living.

But in all seriousness, humanity probably has nothing to worry about.

Hell no. I'm not even sure I can be trusted with myself, never mind an infant (human or animal). An adult cat I could handle, but I detest dealing with a litterbox or having a lawn I'd have to mow, which are the only ways of dealing with pet excrement I know of. Maybe it's worth it, since that's probably going to be the only way I'll be able to deal with touch starvation while having touch aversion (fuck that combination of features), since petting a cat is pleasant, unlike hugs.

With regards to raising a human even if I wanted to (I don't), I don't want a romantic partner, and a single-parent home is not a good idea.

I definitely can’t see myself with kids. When i was 15 i was in internship in a kindergarten for a whole week. I was very frustrated and didn’t like it because the kids were screaming and couldn’t hear what anyone said. I actually had a dream of working in a kindergarten but when my cousins(when they were smaller) screamed my dream broke down. So yes i wouldn’t dream of having children.🤣🤣🤣

Sometimes I think it would be cool to be able to teach and shape a child in a positive way, and let them be able to be happy with who they turn out to be, while being good to other people. ^^

But then I remember that I hate children. They cry and whine and are annoying. XD

letusdeleteouraccounts

I would love to raise adopted children to be the light in the world but I’m just not sure if I would be a responsible parent who makes sure their children have everything they need to survive. Like, what do I do when they’re sick? When they’re suicidal? When they cut their skin really bad? I just don’t know the answers but my parents always to have it. They’re like miracle workers and I don’t think I could live up to it. Maybe I’ll just support other people’s kids and depending on what my future (platonic) partner wants to do

I don't feel mature enough to be a responsible parent. I am a big kid at heart, a ten year old with thirty years experience. For this reason, I can't envisage myself either having children of my own or adopting. A parent has to be prepared to deliver discipline when necessary, but I could hardly tell a child off for being naughty or doing silly stuff when I often like to be naughty and do silly stuff myself!

I could possibly envisage myself being a step parent, but I would almost certainly end up being much more of a buddy to the child rather than a parental figure.

I wouldn't want biological kids, for a variety of reasons.

That said, I would be open to the idea of adopting children at some point in the future.  I'm good with kids, and I would love to provide a home to someone who needs it.  However, I'm not sure if I'll ever be in a situation where that's a realistic option.

There's a small part of me that thinks it would be nice to have a kid, but I already put a lot of time and money into my pet birds, my commitment to them comes first. 

I will finally have a niece or nephew next year, so there's that to look forward to at least.

I barely trust myself to boil water... raising a kid? All kinds of inadequate. I would be in a complete panic 24/7.

WanderingKate

I can't see myself doing it now...but I recognize that I'm only 23 and I may change my mind somewhere down the road. 

I'm definitely a bit pregnancy repulsed, so I can't picture myself having a child biologically. I'm also not too keen on bringing a child into the world in its current state. 

Adoption is definitely an option down the line if I change my mind. I do believe I would be a good parent on paper- I'm quite responsible and caring and doing fairly well in life. But I also know I'm not the best at dealing with children's emotions and/or children in general :D

Ideally, if I could manage it, I'd love to adopt a somewhat older child someday since they have the hardest time being adopted, and guide that child through life. 

But yeah, as of right now...I can't picture myself raising a kid. Seeing I'm 23, single and generally confused that's probably for the best :D

Ideally I'd love to have a close relationship with a niece or nephew that I could mentor and spoil a bit- luckily my siblings plan on having kids so if those relationships are fulfilling to me than likely that will be enough. 

Stardust_Girl

Fuck I dunno one on hand I think raising and loving a child at a point in my life when I can is a nice thought

but on the other hand I kinda don't like kids at all lmao, but maybe that's just because I'm a teenager

I can settle on being a crazy dog lady with a mini pack of borzois and being completely content tho that sounds chill.

Used to be a Firm No; now that I've found the love of my life it's more like a Not Now But Maybe Someday If We Get Our Shit Together In Time But Either Way It's Still Fine.  Biological, probably not adopted.

Pets won't ever happen; I dislike animals and my spouse is allergic to most of them anyway.

ValentinaRose

Yes, I could probably deal with children but I’m not sure about my boyfriend.

Short answer, nope. 

Long answer, I have no intention or desire to inflict an extension of my septic-gene-pool upon the globe. Nor would I want the physical / emotional ruin of any young offspring in my care, be they my own or adopted. 

Pets, maybe. Dogs (preferable rescue ones) ideal, cats less ideal, other critters TBC (but probably not). 

Anthracite_Impreza

Human children: Absolutely fucking no.

Guinea pigs and snails: Yes please all of them k thnx.

Archived