Demi orientations

Tannin

What do call someone who is fluid in the demi spectrum?    Such as demisensual, demisexual, demiromantic, demialterous,  demiplatonic, demiaesthetic, demiqueerplatonic. There may be more.

what do you call 4000 cubes that are all together in a shape that is parallel to each individual cube?

I've moved this thread from 'Questions about Asexuality' to 'The Gray Area, Sex and Related Discussions'.

Michael Tannock,
Open Mic moderator and Questions about Asexuality Co-moderator.

15 hours ago, Tannin said:

What do call someone who is fluid between demi orientations?    Such as demisensual, demisexual, demiromantic, demialterous,  demiplatonic, demiaesthetic, demiqueerplatonic. There may be more.

Do you mean someone who is somewhere on the spectrum between the orientations you listed, or someone who falls into those categories?  If it's the latter, I don't see what's wrong with those labels, other than the obvious--they aren't used much by those outside of the community so identifying that way means you'll probably still have to explain what your orientation means to people you encounter.

On 9/1/2019 at 1:20 AM, KrysLost said:

The fact you list your opinion of sex toys is listed in your sexuality says it all. Stopping spinning your head over useless labels. It's not going to get you anywhere. There's a place to draw the fucking line man. I pity anyone who feels the need to obsessively box and shout their every form of attraction. Because literally no one cares and it's just going to cause the other person more stress.

I don't need your judgement. It's unnecessary! Let's get some facts straight! One I don't have an opinion about sex toys. I have a repulsion! Two seperate things! And don't call me man! I hate word like that being used in reference to me!

The only one causing you stress is you. If you want to be stressed over what I feel is all on you. I wasn't put on this earth to live in someone else's comfortability! That's like saying a saying a gay man should not be able to say he's gay because someone else feels stressed that he feels that way!  This is child's logic! Why don't I give you some real logic.       

Suck it up sweet cheeks the world doesn't revolve around your stress level!

On 9/1/2019 at 1:06 PM, bare_trees said:

Do you mean someone who is somewhere on the spectrum between the orientations you listed, or someone who falls into those categories?  If it's the latter, I don't see what's wrong with those labels, other than the obvious--they aren't used much by those outside of the community so identifying that way means you'll probably still have to explain what your orientation means to people you encounter.

Kind of both. You know how people are gender fluid?     I wondered if there was a word for someone who was fluid between those orientations?

On 9/1/2019 at 6:24 AM, MichaelTannock said:

I've moved this thread from 'Questions about Asexuality' to 'The Gray Area, Sex and Related Discussions'.

Michael Tannock,
Open Mic moderator and Questions about Asexuality Co-moderator.

Okay

On 9/1/2019 at 12:35 AM, gisiebob said:

what do you call 4000 cubes that are all together in a shape that is parallel to each individual cube?

Unrelated to this topic! 🙂

Where did I say I was stressed? Whether what I said was harsh or not, it still holds truth. There's only so many boxes you can draw before you're stumbling around with a bunch of words. Back in the day, anyone who was "demiqueerplatonic", it just meant it took them awhile to make a very close friend. Labeling every little feeling in every which way it works can be negative. That's why I'm so against obsessive labeling. If you're done correcting every little thing I say, think about this. 

1 hour ago, Tannin said:

This is child's logic!

Looking at it now I can't help but wonder how (extreme) conservatives would react to this. Sexuality and orientations being fluid. The typical argument is that their born with the orientation and that it is permanent.  Well, yet another contradiction in the world. 

2 hours ago, Tannin said:

Unrelated to this topic! 🙂

you are always welcome to find me unrelated, but you certainly also have the opportunity to find me helpful.

@Tannin, your original post answers your own question. Fluid. A convenient catchall term which doesn't tie someone to a label which doesn't suit perfectly. 

12 minutes ago, SkyenAutowegCaptain said:

@Tannin, your original post answers your own question. Fluid. A convenient catchall term which doesn't tie someone to a label which doesn't suit perfectly. 

Or demifluid, even?  Or maybe that's more confusing than just going with "fluid."

no-longer-in-use
7 hours ago, bare_trees said:

Or demifluid, even?  Or maybe that's more confusing than just going with "fluid."

Actually, demifluid is a gender, so that wouldn't work.

I don't understand the attack on specific labels in this thread. Just because you don't understand or relate to a label someone uses doesn't mean it's invalid. People are allowed to label themselves as specifically as they want.

There's a point where it gets excessive.  Labels kinda stop being useful categorization around that point.

On 9/7/2019 at 5:32 AM, SkyenAutowegCaptain said:

On 9/7/2019 at 12:58 PM, Coddiwomple said:

I don't understand the attack on specific labels in this thread. Just because you don't understand or relate to a label someone uses doesn't mean it's invalid. People are allowed to label themselves as specifically as they want.

FluidDemi? or even Demifluid Romantic Sexual? just drop the '/' people usually put between the romantic and sexual labels to show they are both effected by the Demifluid. Then again people might think you are '(gender) Demifluid Romantic Sexual' .... so 'DemiRomanticSexualfluid' or something like that? Dropping the gabs to show it's all one thing...

On 9/6/2019 at 3:32 PM, SkyenAutowegCaptain said:

Okay. I guess that works. I just like to try to understand others types of orientations that are uncommon like mine are.

On 9/6/2019 at 1:14 PM, gisiebob said:

you are always welcome to find me unrelated, but you certainly also have the opportunity to find me helpful.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. At least your not attacking me like some of the people responding here.

On 9/6/2019 at 10:58 PM, Coddiwomple said:

Thank you.

"Demi" isn't even an orientation to begin with, as it merely describes a pattern of a condition that has to be met rather than who you're attracted to. "Demi" is as much of an orientation as "5 miles" is a direction. As you're covering a bunch of different aspects of orientations (sexual, romantic...), the most accurate (but still virtually unknown) term would probably just be "demi".

Other than that, I don't really get the need to have a separate word for this. You'll have to explain it properly anyway. "I'm XYZ, that means..."

I would say demifluid is the right term. : ) Or demiflux. Though I think that's more if you're fluctuating between the intensity of your demi-ness. 

22 hours ago, Homer said:

"Demi" isn't even an orientation to begin with, as it merely describes a pattern of a condition that has to be met rather than who you're attracted to. "Demi" is as much of an orientation as "5 miles" is a direction. As you're covering a bunch of different aspects of orientations (sexual, romantic...), the most accurate (but still virtually unknown) term would probably just be "demi".

Other than that, I don't really get the need to have a separate word for this. You'll have to explain it properly anyway. "I'm XYZ, that means..."

If your only here to insult those in the ace community, why are you even on here?

18 hours ago, kelico said:

I would say demifluid is the right term. : ) Or demiflux. Though I think that's more if you're fluctuating between the intensity of your demi-ness. 

Thanks for the idea. But those terms are used for gender.

2 minutes ago, Tannin said:

If your only here to insult those in the ace community, why are you even on here?

I'm not really sure what you're getting at tbh. What I meant was that an orientation indicates who you're attracted to, not under which circumstances you're attracted to them. So "demi" would need to be specified to "demi-hetero", "demi-homo", "demi-bi", something like that. Then whatever follows the "demi-" indicates your orientation.

I don't really have another term.  I mean if I did, I'd use it. Maybe spectrum? What do you think of that?

Archived