what is love

neilpawar225

neilpawar225

The sex drive or lust—the craving for sexual gratification--evolved to enable you to seek a range of potential mating partners. After all, you can have sex with someone you aren’t in love with. You can even feel the sex drive when you are driving in your car, reading a magazine or watching a movie. Lust is not necessarily focused on a particular individual.

Romantic love, or attraction—the obsessive thinking about and craving for a particular person--evolved to enable you to focus your mating energy on just one individual at a time. As Kabir, the Indian poet put it: “The lane of love is narrow; there is room for only one.”

Attachment--the feeling of deep union with a long-term partner--evolved to enable you to remain with a mate at least long enough to rear a single child through infancy together as a team—although many of us remain together much longer, and enjoy the benefits of life with a partner even when there is no goal to have children.
what I found is 

https://www.artofliving.org/in-en/lifestyle/relationship/what-is-love

The Greeks had it figured out pretty well by defining different types of love.

eros, the kind most people think of,  the partnership love and affection 

storge,  the love between parents and kids for example, or family in general

philia,  the brotherly love, or the way one loves their BFF

agape, the love for the world, or all living things, the unconditional or even religious type of love.

these are all love, and not one kind  is more valid than the other. 

I know I feel very strong philia for my husband and after more than 20 years storge as well, where his love is mainly eros and he feels unloved with my feelings for him.

so what is love? 

just like any message, there's a sender and a receiver. and lots if ways to screw up the message in between. 

Ideally the love gets reciprocated the same way its offered. That's when it can turn into a lasting bond. Which ever kind of love it is.

i don't know the answer to this question, outside of the relationships within my immediate family. 

Pain. (Not the French kind.)

• 3 months later...
On 9/1/2019 at 3:33 AM, I'm No One said:

🎶Baby, don't hurt me 🎶 🤣

Sorry, I couldn't resist

This is the first thing that came to my mind!

Archived