i dont know what the heck i ammmm

so is it possible to be asexual towards one gender and not the other. okay, so basically i think guys can be really cute but i get grossed out if i think about having sex with them. and i dont get grossed out if i think about it with girls.  but i think both genders can be cute and i can get romantically attracted to both, but i just don't want to have sex with guys or have anything to do with whats underneath the pants. i just feel really confused because i dont know anyone else that feels this way and i just wanna know if theres anyone out there that can relate or help me figure out what i ammm.

oh and also i want to kiss guys and girls too just not the sex stuff with guys so yeah

Edited by cameron5323
  • Like 2
Anthracite_Impreza

So... you want sex with women? Cos depending on your gender that would just mean you're straight, gay or (if you're non binary) gyno. If you're romantically into men as well you could be bi/panromantic.

i think you're a biromantic heterosexual?

and yes it is possible to feel romantic attraction towards both genders but no sexual attraction towards one gender.

because romantic attraction and sexual attraction are two different things,

you can feel romantic attraction and sexual attraction to both genders (biromantic bisexual)

or

you can feel no romantic attraction but sexual attraction to the opposite gender (aromantic heterosexual)

or

you can feel romantic attraction but no sexual attraction to the opposite gender (heteroromantic asexual)

or

you can feel no romantic attraction but sexual attraction to the same gender (aromantic homosexual)

or

you can feel romantic attraction but no sexual attraction to the same gender (homoromantic asexual)

hopefully this doesn't confuse you and hopefully this helps you, but if you're confused just reply or message me haha

• Like 1
everywhere and nowhere
1 hour ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

So... you want sex with women? Cos depending on your gender that would just mean you're straight, gay or (if you're non binary) gyno. If you're romantically into men as well you could be bi/panromantic.

1 hour ago, Peachier said:

i think you're a biromantic heterosexual?

and yes it is possible to feel romantic attraction towards both genders but no sexual attraction towards one gender.

because romantic attraction and sexual attraction are two different things,

On the other hand, if what the OP means is that he (? - sorry for possibly misgendering, you haven't stated your preference) has no active desire towards girls as well, just doesn't feel disgusted about the idea of having sex with a girl, it's possible that he could be asexual, and more precisely - sex-averse in relation to men and sex-indifferent in relation to women. I'm not saying that it's necessarily the case, I'm just saying that it's possible. I remember a recent topic which touched the very uncomfortable issue of sexual gender preference of sex-averse people - uncomfortable, because a sex-averse person would obviously prefer not having sex at all, sometimes at any cost.

I remain sex-averse in relation to all genders - first of all because my sex aversion is firmly grounded in nudity aversion and I just don't have the ability to be comfortable with nudity in anyone's presence (a lot of people are fine with casual, non-sexual nudity with people of the same gender because that's what they were trained to do, myself, I make no exceptions for anyone - I'm terrified of being seen and/or touched naked by any person of any gender). However, I could still say that I'm slightly less averse to lesbian sex than to straight sex. My aversion to straight sex often crosses into full-blown sex repulsion, at least if I'm forced to think about it. It also includes an aspect of political rejection, an aversion due to social inequality, not just the physical characteristics of the act. In case of lesbian sex, the political aspect is gone and also physically... it's just a-tiny-bit-slightly less terrifying because it's typically more gentle. But still terrifying due to the nudity aspect, it's still something I'm in no way comfortable with.

• Like 1

this is just making me more confused. i mean i do want sex with girls, just not guys. and im romantically attracted to both. but ill date any gender. i mean thats basically what i said before but whatever.

• Like 1
Tessa_Christian

I'm pretty sure that is possible, I'm not an expert, but I think that would make you panromantic and homosexual (if your a female), or panromantic and heterosexual (if your a male), or panromantic and whatever its called for non-binary and other genders.

(sorry for lack of knowledge of proper terms and any incorrect information, please correct me if something is wrong on here)