Anyone else use drugs/diet to lower their sex drive?

Your friend

Disclaimer: What is shared in this thread is purely a relation of personal experience and should not be taken as medical advice. Consult with a medical professional before trying anything you read about here.

I don't like having a sex drive. To be fair, I always had a very low libido, even as a teenager, but I would prefer for it to be essentially nonexistent. I mean, I have no intention of ever having sex, so having a sex drive just seems kinda pointless. Also, I'm kind of an exhibitionist and want to explore life modeling as an outlet, so I have a vested interest in reducing my arousability, and thus my erections, as much as I possibly can (believe me, a male nude model popping a boner in the middle of a session is extremely awkward for all parties involved, and it's best avoided at all costs). I'm using several pharmaceutical and dietary methods to modify my hormones, either by increasing my prolactin levels, or lowering my testosterone and especially my DHT. I make sure to drink a lot of black tea, because black tea lowers your levels of 5-a enzymes by about 80%, (that's the enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT). I also drink mint tea to lower the testosterone itself. I still want to have some T, because there are definite benefits to it, but I just want to lower it a little bit, partly to help kill my libido, and partly to make myself more feminine. I also asked my psychiatrist to switch my antipsychotic from Invega back to Risperdal, because Risperdal is basically chemical castration. I mean, Invega has a castrating effect as well, but apparently the castrating effect of Risperdal is considerably stronger. I'm on Invega right now and I can still get aroused fairly easily under the right circumstances. Hopefully with the new medication as well as black tea and mint tea, I can basically turn into a eunuch. With any luck I'll be totally impotent and maybe never have another boner or orgasm again. That would be great. Anyone else taking this route?

Am on hormone blockers here, estrogen patches, escitolapram, lorazepam, risperdal here.

Still have a slight bit of libido left and can get aroused. It happens only when I really want to, but it's darn hard. And not something I care for.

However results may vary (tm)

10 minutes ago, Phoenix the II said:

Am on hormone blockers here, estrogen patches, escitolapram, lorazepam, risperdal here.

Still have a slight bit of libido left and can get aroused. It happens only when I really want to, but it's darn hard. And not something I care for.

However results may vary (tm)

I'm just wondering, are you male-bodied?

Put bluntly, the only people who believe that consuming black tea will reduce libido are charlatans, don't fall for it, and doubly don't pay anyone for misinformation 

Please consult with a properly qualified medical practitioner, not unqualified advice from an Internet forum 

Just now, SkyenAutowegCaptain said:

Put bluntly, the only people who believe that consuming black tea will reduce libido are charlatans, don't fall for it, and doubly don't pay anyone for misinformation 

Please consult with a properly qualified medical practitioner, not unqualified advice from an Internet forum 

Well, black tea doesn't reduce your androgen levels at all, it just reduces the conversion of one androgen to another. I'm not sure about this, but I think DHT increases sex drive more than T, so a reduction in 5-a enzyme could reduce your sex drive a little bit, but probably the caffeine in black tea will even it out. That said, I drink black tea to avoid all the unwanted effects of high DHT - male pattern baldness, increased body hair, enlarged prostate, etc. not just to reduce my sex drive. By far the most effective means of killing libido, and my main go-to method, is Risperdal.

2 minutes ago, KrysLost said:

It's against TOS give to medical advice now. 

Well, this isn't a medical advice thread, more of a "share your experiences" thread. Maybe I should add a disclaimer to the OP to consult with a professional before trying any of the methods talked about here.

@KrysLost, saying "consult with a medicalpractitioner" or similar is acceptable. Likewise questioning the accuracy of a statement is acceptable 

Likewise questioning the accuracy of a statement is within ToS 

1 minute ago, KrysLost said:

It's against TOS give to medical advice now. 

I think that's stupid.  If someone solicits medical advice from the general public, then it is up to them to filter that information and make their own informed decisions.  Who knows? maybe something valuable (or harmful) can be gleaned from a bunch of random non-doctors.   

I've heard that saltpeter (potassium nitrate)  kills libido, @Some guy.

1 minute ago, Muledeer said:

I think that's stupid.  If someone solicits medical advice from the general public, then it is up to them to filter that information and make their own informed decisions.  Who knows? maybe something valuable (or harmful) can be gleaned from a bunch of random non-doctors.   

I've heard that saltpeter (potassium nitrate)  kills libido, @Some guy.

Odd, because in that one episode of Beavis and Butthead, saltpeter was used to treat impotence. I'm not sure if this is serious or a joke.

Not a joke, but that's the kind of responses you should expect from a question like this.  I heard they used to put saltpeter in the sailors coffee in WW II to keep the veneral diseases under  control during shore leave.  Note that this is all hearsay.  Google it for more misinformation. 

9 minutes ago, Muledeer said:

Not a joke, but that's the kind of responses you should expect from a question like this.  I heard they used to put saltpeter in the sailors coffee in WW II to keep the veneral diseases under  control during shore leave.  Note that this is all hearsay.  Google it for more misinformation. 

Okay, so according to Snopes, saltpeter has been rumored to be an anaphrodisiac, but the reality is it has no effect on libido either way.

Also, it seems I misunderstood that one Beavis and Butthead episode. Beavis and Butthead go to an impotence clinic because they think it will help them "score", and the doctor puts them through some tests to check their arousability levels. I now understand that he gave them saltpeter because their arousability was off the charts and it needed to be lowered so they wouldn't be horny all the time and constantly thinking about "scoring", lol.

everywhere and nowhere
2 hours ago, Some guy said:

don't like having a sex drive. To be fair, I always had a very low libido, even as a teenager, but I would prefer for it to be essentially nonexistent. I mean, I have no intention of ever having sex, so having a sex drive just seems kinda pointless.

I don't mind having a libido. I too have no intention of ever having sex, but my libido doesn't push me to desire sex. To treat it as a sentient being, it realises that my sex aversion is stronger and doesn't try to fight it. I'm content with third-person fantasies and autoeroticism and my libido doesn't go into any real coflict with my effective asexuality.

I’ve never had a sex drive in the first place and I’ve never done drugs other than stuff like caffeine (which someone on another discussion here claimed increases it), so I have no clue.

The rumour in Britain was that they put Bromide in tea during the war as a libido killer

Janus the Fox

For health reasons I cannot modify any diet, but such the diet and exercise I normally do, normally would significantly improve libido in another.  But with a libido already low and the fact of sexuality and gender matters remain non-existent, I come to learn that for the libido I do have, is a part of who I am currently and to be enjoyed if one needs want.

This is not medical advice. It is chemistry.

The metabolic transformation of testosterone to DHT can be interfered or inhibited. As mentioned above, the enzyme responsible for this transformation is the  5α-reductase enzyme. There are three isoenzyme types.

There are two main chemicals that act as  5α-reductase inhibitors:

1) Finasteride. It acts on two of the isoenzyme types and can reduce DHT levels by 70%.

2) Dutasteride. It acts on all three types and can reduce DHT levels by 95%.

Side effects are more advanced than simple chemistry. I can't comment on those.

@Kelly Thanks for the information. I think I recall reading that black tea contains both finasteride and dutasteride. The names sound very familiar.

nutterwithasolderingiron

in my case, my medication really fucks with my sex drive. my sex drive off the meds is pretty low. however on the meds, it's like a sine wave. aka, it's high, neutral or repulsed. but i'm really uncomfortable with sex so half the time, i try not to pay it any mind.

This article has some good suggestions. If I was you I would research meditation. A lot of folk with very high sex drives use meditation, some I believe use hypnosis. I know you have not said that your sex drive is particularly high it does tend to be these people that know what they are talking about when it comes to lowering their libido. There are doctors and other professionals that could help you with this too, plus maybe Therapists that use meditation, hypnosis and similar stuff

https://www.fatherly.com/love-money/sex/sexually-frustrated-men-libido/

1 hour ago, Marlow1 said:

This article has some good suggestions. If I was you I would research meditation. A lot of folk with very high sex drives use meditation, some I believe use hypnosis. There are doctors and other professionals that could help you with this

https://www.fatherly.com/love-money/sex/sexually-frustrated-men-libido/

I don't have a problem with high sex drive. I actually have a very low sex drive, as I said in the OP. But I want it to be completely nonexistent, not just low.

Archived