Asexual stereotypes

GlamRocker

Comrade Kitty

"She's asexual, so she doesn't love." To be fair, she was like 11 so I don't blame her.

9 minutes ago, AuraKitty said:

"She's asexual, so she doesn't love." To be fair, she was like 11 so I don't blame her.

I think that's more of a misconception than a stereotype. A stereotype would be something like "Asexuals are all straight-edge." or "Asexuals live alone with their cats.", both of which I think are true in a lot of cases.

Comrade Kitty

@Some guy Heh you're right. I'm suuuupppper smart.

7 minutes ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

Asexuals have tiny thumbs

Oh, yes. That one really pisses me off!

7 minutes ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

Why though? I've never heard that one before.

I got another one:

"Asexuals masturbate twenty times a day."

That one I think comes from a misunderstanding of what asexuality is, and people thinking that it's basically just another word for abstinence.

31 minutes ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

Is that a thing? I've never heard that one before and I don't know what it means, lol.

AceMissBehaving
34 minutes ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

27 minutes ago, GlamRocker said:

Oh, yes. That one really pisses me off!

Wait that’s a thing? I’ll add it to the list of reasons I can’t take a decent selfie.

lol, no it's not a thing, being absurd here for fun.

@Moon Spirit ☽

What do you consider to be a big thumb? I have really big hands. I can't even wear most 2XL disposable gloves. At my last job I tried to tell my boss that. He didn't believe me. I proceeded to put the 2XL nitrile gloves that he claimed would fit anyone about half way on before the tore apart. Then I just looked at him and smiled.

I mean....

I'm pretty sure there aren't really any stereotypes, because most people don't know we exist.

"I bet he's too nerdy to be attracted to anyone"

For me, asexuals are such a unique group, i personally do not know any asexuals, and never will.

So i can only speak for myself, i would rather not, as saying what i think myself is an asexual, others may not agree.

One i would assume sexuals think of when they think of asexuals is

"Asexuals must not be fun"

Or maybe sexuals think

"Asexuals must be broken people"

There is two, that probably sexuals think about asexuals.

I've met a few people in real life who know about asexuality. One is a young hipster musician dude who straight up asked me if I was asexual. The others have been gay guys who probably learned of asexuality at pride. None of them seem to think asexuality is real, even the hipster. He's the kind of person who thinks he's smarter than everyone else, so asking me if I am an asexual was an attempt to make fun of me without my knowledge, assuming I wouldn't realize he thinks people who identify as asexual are deluded snowflakes. I'm not "out" and have no plans to be, so I turned that around on him in a jiffy. The gay guys were of the same attitude, except for one. He is skeptical, but not outright rejecting. 

57 minutes ago, GlamRocker said:

I've met a few people in real life who know about asexuality. One is a young hipster musician dude who straight up asked me if I was asexual. The others have been gay guys who probably learned of asexuality at pride. None of them seem to think asexuality is real, even the hipster. He's the kind of person who thinks he's smarter than everyone else, so asking me if I am an asexual was an attempt to make fun of me without my knowledge, assuming I wouldn't realize he thinks people who identify as asexual are deluded snowflakes.

When you meet such people, you should ask them how many things, have they found out in life that were absolutely top secret, and see if he has found out anything.

Most of these socalled know it alls, will have never found out anything by themselves, and you will find are just repeating ideas they have heard, or generalisations. So when you meet such people, that try and put you on the spot and think they are clever. Ask them to tell you something top secret, that he and only he found out, that no one knew before.

You will find such know it alls do not know anything, beyond very basic ideas.

Such know it alls are very boring, as they have the loudest voices, but very little to really say, even though they think they know it all.

This guys doubts, shows his brain lacks imagination.

Anthracite_Impreza

Asexuals are innocent. Haha, no.

AceMissBehaving
3 hours ago, GlamRocker said:

lol, no it's not a thing, being absurd here for fun.

Damn then I’ve only got my face to blame for my terrible selfie skills 

30 minutes ago, AceMissBehaving said:

Damn then I’ve only got my face to blame for my terrible selfie skills 

Nah, most people suck at taking selfies. The majority of my selfies look like absolute shit too. The only reason I have any good ones (like the one in my avatar for example) is because I take like 50 of them at a time.

Duke Memphis
5 hours ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

In my case, it's true. I'm a small-handed man.

Archived