Out of body sexual experience?

Has anybody else felt like when someone was trying to get freaky with you or get your clothes off you had an out of body experience, like it was just happening to you and your instinct wasn’t engaged in the activities? Has anybody felt like you were watching yourself and your head wasn’t in the game?

• Like 2

No... I've had a kick his dumb ass experience, but that's it.

Sorry, but to me, that's what it feels like.  When people do that to me, I want to kick their ass.

• Like 1

Sounds like dissacotiation. Which I have experienced but not during sex.

When people are dissociating they disconnect from their surroundings, which can stop the trauma memories and lower fear, anxiety and shame. Dissociation can happen during the trauma or later on when thinking about or being reminded of the trauma.

• Like 2

Dissociation, huh? I think I've felt that before. But not during sex. Never had sex. But yeah, it's definitely happened. Feels like a dream, except where I'd normally wake up I realize it's not a dream.

Also, thylacine, I love that mentality.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Evren said:

Sounds like dissacotiation. Which I have experienced but not during sex.

When people are dissociating they disconnect from their surroundings, which can stop the trauma memories and lower fear, anxiety and shame. Dissociation can happen during the trauma or later on when thinking about or being reminded of the trauma.

Wow. I never heard of that in this context. Sounds like a coping mechanism. I really didn’t want to have sex with that guy. I wasn’t turned on at all and I ended up shutting it down. Thanks.

I've dissociated during sexual activities where I felt pressured into a male role. My body was still doing the movements and I could feel the sensations, but it was as if they were not mine and that I was just a bystander in my own body. It was as if I lost the connection to my body. I believe this was more related to gender dysphoria than asexuality. Just thinking about it made me feel bad.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, KeyKey said:

Has anybody else felt like when someone was trying to get freaky with you or get your clothes off you had an out of body experience, like it was just happening to you and your instinct wasn’t engaged in the activities? Has anybody felt like you were watching yourself and your head wasn’t in the game?

Yes, definitely experienced this!

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...
On 8/23/2019 at 8:26 PM, KeyKey said:

I would dissociate during sex and it sucks and helped destroy my relationship, I would leave my body and I’m told it’s from childhood trauma