What do you eat?

Soul Searcher

What do you eat? Vegetarian or not?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. What does your diet contain?

• I only eat Rabbit Food (Vegan)
    • Plants with a healthy dosage of milk (Vegetarian)
    • I have no problem eating animals (Non- Vegetarian)
    • Other (Please comment below)

This poll is closed to new votes

Soul Searcher

I am a vegetarian. I was raised vegetarian.

Though I've tried meat and liked it, I never had it again. Possibly never will. Only time will tell.

I am a very picky eater and the chances of me eating something are very less than not eating something. As far as I know, I don't have allegries but I still don't eat a lot of stuff.

My diet contains potatoes (i eat it almost everyday), rice (steamed rice is a common thing here), wheat, wheat flour, chickpeas (occasionally but not that uncommon), okra, soy beans, lentils, peas, mushroom, cottage cheese. And that's basically everything.

I like salads and i will prefer tomatoes, cucumber, onions, carrot, beetroot, lentils, green gram, etc.

Also, i really really like milk products with curd, yogurt being almost a daily delicacy. Also sometimes sweets and stuffs but that's not that common.

Its not difficult being a vegetarian or even a vegan in India.

Neutral Charge

everything i was designed to eat by thousands of years of evolution, in balance( not going extreme on any of them either plants or animals) and with respect because that is how nature is, we must take life to have life. 

FindingTheta

Vegan. Not because I think I'm going to save the planet by becoming one, but because of my very high LDL cholesterol and my stage 2 hypertension.

Specific Carbohydrate Diet, because of my chronic illness.

Soul Searcher
3 minutes ago, FindingTheta said:

Vegan. Not because I think I'm going to save the planet by becoming one, but because of my very high LDL cholesterol and my stage 2 hypertension.

And what does your diet predominantly contain if you don't mind me asking?

Anthracite_Impreza

Veggie, cos I don't think any animal should have to die for me.

Soul Searcher
1 minute ago, kenny. said:

i eat basically everything, and i’m fine with that. 

Can't agree with that, sorry!

I am awfully picky over what I eat.

Grumpy Alien

I’ve been a vegetarian for about 18 years

everywhere and nowhere
26 minutes ago, Neutral Charge said:

we must take life to have life. 

No, we don't have to. Vegetarian diets are at the very least harmless, and there is a lot of research which shows that a well-balanced vegetarian diet is healthier, particularly than the diet of those who believe that "a dinner without meat is no dinner".

Spoiler

I have to eat meat(as I am chronically ill and underweight), however, I don't use make up that is tested on animals, as I feel as if that Animal testing is very wrong, especially if Lush can test on humans, why can't other companies\parent companies?

I was raised on a hearty Idaho meat and potatoes diet, but I've gradually stopped fighting the fact that meat is bad for the environment. Because it is. Yes, big companies and greedy billionaires are worse for the environment, but at an individual level, I need to own up to the fact that a lot of meat plain ain't good for the place. 

So I've slowly started to phase it out. It's a gradually process, because I'm kind of a picky eater (at least I can still have potatoes), and I love my ham sandwiches and sushi. I don't eat beef anymore, pork hardly ever, and chicken and fish are on their way out. Dairy is harder to give up, but I try to replace it when I can.

Almond milk iced chai is heavenly, by the way. And much lower calorie. 

fooledbysecrecy

vegetarian. never really even liked meat.

FindingTheta
48 minutes ago, Mx. Paradox said:

And what does your diet predominantly contain if you don't mind me asking?

Probably gonna forget some, but tofu, tempeh, grains, nuts, teas, greens, fruits, kombucha, fungi, other types of beans, oils (sesame, olive, canola), and various sauces.

It doesn't leave me lethargic and pale or anything; it fills me up in a way that doesn't make me lazy for the entire day.

everywhere and nowhere
11 minutes ago, FindingTheta said:

Probably gonna forget some, but tofu, tempeh, grains, nuts, teas, greens, fruits, kombucha, fungi, other types of beans, oils (sesame, olive, canola), and various sauces.

It doesn't leave me lethargic and pale or anything; it fills me up in a way that doesn't make me lazy for the entire day.

Just by the way, I can't eat some of these ingredients due to allergies: I'm definitely allergic to kombucha and sesame, tolerably allergic to hazelnuts and I wouldn't even dare try peanuts... 😮 So I'm unlikely to ever reduce my diet further. However, some of my meals are fully vegan, such as today's - it's a mix of rice, vermicelli, carrot and peas (I just spill it out of the bag into the pot - I hate cooking grains in bags, to me it's an anti-comfortable solution), I add some lentils and roasted zucchini.

I'm on a seafood diet. See food and eat it.

FindingTheta
4 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Just by the way, I can't eat some of these ingredients due to allergies: I'm definitely allergic to kombucha and sesame, tolerably allergic to hazelnuts and I wouldn't even dare try peanuts... 😮 So I'm unlikely to ever reduce my diet further. However, some of my meals are fully vegan, such as today's - it's a mix of rice, vermicelli, carrot and peas (I just spill it out of the bag into the pot - I hate cooking grains in bags, to me it's an anti-comfortable solution), I add some lentils and roasted zucchini.

I'm eating a tofu stroganoff, though it definitely has ingredients you are allergic to. I'll be cooking today, so if I see any recipes you might be able to eat I'll PM you!

I eat my fellow pringles, their too delicious. 

abandoned-account

Mostly vegetarian, though largely because I don't like the American meat industry (cruel treatment of animals, hormones, etc.). I don't mind it so much if the animals were treated humanely or if caught in the wild (if they're not being overhunted). I still prefer non-meats for health reasons, though. 

Almost anything that isn't bland, spicy, has chocolate, cocunut, unusual textures or flavors, and legal in the US.

Fudge, reese's candy, pancakes, lemon cake, potatoes, etc.

Wait why the hell did I think of sweet things first.

Vegetarian - and not picky at that. As long as there's no animal in it, I'm gonna eat it! :)

(That being said, no "healthy dosage of milk" as per the poll, given how almond and cashew milks are clearly superior to animal ones. ;) Occasionally some dairy products though, so definitely not vegan)

Oh, and no I certainly don't care what others eat. Wolf down as much meat as y'all like! :)

While it's far more prevalent in media than in reality, that high and mighty "I don't eat X so no one else should eat it" has always seemed silly to me.

FindingTheta
7 minutes ago, Dreamer23 said:

(That being said, no "healthy dosage of milk" as per the poll, given how almond and cashew milks are clearly superior to animal ones. ;))

I tried Oatley, and it was divine!

I eat a low carb and minimalist diet (I try to anyway, Cheezits and chocolate are my weakness) for both health reasons and budgeting reasons. I’m hypoglycemic so if I eat too many net carbs (even healthy ones like whole wheat) my blood sugar could crash a little while afterwards. I’m on a tight budget and try to keep my grocery bill around $100-$150 per month. Spending $2 on a dozen eggs provides me with breakfast for a week and won’t cause my blood sugar to crash like a bagel would. Lunch is usually either two chicken legs or a chicken thigh, which I could also buy a pack of for just a few dollars. I should probably eat more vegetables though.

Mostly tuna salad and egg salad these days. They make a good lunch. I've eaten a semi-healthy diet for years but I recently made the switch to an actually healthy diet. I am not eating many carbs, just a serving of whole grain bread for lunch or dinner and maybe some oatmeal for breakfast. And no dairy. Also no sugar (including fruit sugars) or artificial sweeteners.

As for meat in my diet, I stick to eating only chicken and fish. And not for every meal. Though I found out a year or two ago that fish don't experience pain like humans do; they just feel a slight tingling sensation, so that's cool. It's still not a good idea to eat too much fish, though (you could end up with gout, high cholesterol, and some fish have a really high mercury content and not enough selenium to assist the body in flushing it out).

everywhere and nowhere

I use coconut milk fairly often when I'm cooking some kind of curry (I like caulliflower, broccoli, string-bean and tofu curry, pumpkin, sweet potato and carrot curry, parsley root and tofu curry...), but I'm apprehensive about many kinds of nut milk given my allergy. As for soy milk - soy pudding is OK, but I can't stand the flavour of soy milk without any additives.

[Edit: can't move quote...]

I eat a good balance of meat and vegetables. I like meat, but I don't eat it every day.

I kinda call myself an "omnivore", as in I eat from both sides of the eating spectrum. 

I was just talking about this in another thread. I'm a vegetarian and follow a strict diet. I eat vegetables, nuts, seeds, unsweetened oatmeal, free range eggs, whole grain bread without added sugar, some cheese. I don't eat anything that has added sugar or even tastes sweet, such as fruit. I've been on this diet so long that most vegetables taste sweet to me now. I have to eat something, so I haven't kicked them lol. When I can't get full, I eat a little butter. When I'm cheating I eat a little white bread!!!! Scandalous!

I'm not gonna lie, the unsweetened oatmeal is disgusting. People at work think I'm insane, but many of them also ask for dieting advice.

Grumpy Alien
2 hours ago, fooledbysecrecy said:

vegetarian. never really even liked meat.

Me neither! Hence why I was so young (9 or 10) when I became a vegetarian. My family wasn’t phased, said they had anticipated that but wanted it to be my decision. It just hadn’t occurred to me earlier that I could say no to meat.

Archived