Why do asexuals like tea so much?

Your friend

Just something I've noticed from talking to asexuals on this and other sites. A whole lot of them are tea connoisseurs. Nothing wrong with that. I like tea myself, and I think it's a part of ace culture that should be celebrated. I just wanted to see what people think of this. Do you think there's a psychological link between asexuality and choosing tea rather than coffee? Or do you think it's more of a cultural thing?

We like cake, pies, and other assorted sugar filled sweets.

Not tea.

Tea has nothing to do with asexuality.

I like tea. Honestly the correlation is probably just "observation bias" or potentially an effect of the large number of registered users in the UK, US, and Asia (as opposed to Southern Europe or South America coffee regions), so it could be a language barrier bias. IDK, it doesn't seem to be an "ace thing" to me, but then again, there's not really any evidence for the cake thing either; rather, it's just a cultural thing so meh. :D

It’s a culture thing mostly, and this is coming from an ace that has tried tea once and never went for seconds. View below for horrible joke at your own risk 

Spoiler

Tea is just not my cup of tea

Because tea is awesome. It transcends all understanding and pervades nearly every culture.

I tried to like tea, I really did. I drank it daily for months. Never liked it.

Still, I'd rather drink tea than coffee.

Tea is horrible, but i drink it before bed, as its a calmer down.

As an asexual, i do not like tea, and i would assume many others do not like it either.

So where did you get such a generalisation?

Tea is just awesome, everyone but weirdos love tea (my sister is one of those weirdos). It's just a comfort drink for me, my dad always made it for me when I was younger. I don't think it has anything to do with asexuality though.

I'm only interested in the compounds in tea.

One more member of Team Tea here 🙂. Tea is my daily cake 🍰.

There are so many types of tea, for each moment of the day. It can be low calories so you can drink a lot.

Just now, CBC said:

Loads of people love tea, no connection. 

Exactly!

I don't know if I count for this because I'm identifying as demisexual at this point but I don't like tea. Lemonade is great. Coffee was good back when I drank it. Tea is the one drink I haven't found a taste for yet. In all fairness I preferred iced coffee over the hot kind. My coffee preferences where pretty close to what the internet frequently calls " basic white girl coffee." I personally think that phrase is both racist and sexist. I am very visibly a white male  and I would drink Starbucks without any hesitation. If the name of the drink was hard to pronounce then it was generally very tasty. I never did try the pumpkin spice latte or the peppermint mocha but that was only because they were out of season. You shouldn't be looked down on for the coffee or tea you drink. Beverages don't discriminate and neither should we.

Both coffee and tea for me. Coffee has lots more caffeine. Caffeine stimulates the sex organs, which I guess could make it less popular among asexuals.

5 minutes ago, Pandark said:

Both coffee and tea for me. Coffee has lots more caffeine. Caffeine stimulates the sex organs, which I guess could make it less popular among asexuals.

Coffee is not cocaine.

Taking cocaine, probably stimulates sexual organs, but coffee does not.

Coffee is not cocaine.

I am asexual, and i love coffee, and it does not stimulate anything in me, and i doubt it does in other asexuals. We are all individuals, so something that triggers in one person, does not equate too all.

But i would assume cocaine has its reputation, for sexual stimulation as it probably works.

But like i said, coffee is not cocaine. I think you mean cocaine has an effect on sexual organs. But coffee does not.

Coffee affects the brain, and has no effect on sexual organs. But probably cocaine has an effect on sexual organs, and has its reputation for a reason.

Simply put, nope 

Asexuals may like tea, likewise may not like tea. Same thing with coffee. 

I'd be surprised if there's any correlation between sexual orientation and choice of beverage 

Grumpy Alien
36 minutes ago, CBC said:

Loads of people love tea, no connection. 

Agree. I love tea. I’m not asexual. They’re irrelevant to each other.

1 hour ago, twetzel59 said:

Honestly the correlation is probably just "observation bias" or potentially an effect of the large number of registered users in the UK, US, and Asia (as opposed to Southern Europe or South America coffee regions)

I agree with this too. I think it’s just that many people in general enjoy tea, particularly with the regions the majority of AVEN members come from.

FindingTheta

It's the beverage we Asexuals are going to use to control the world relax and enjoy the day as it unfolds.

I used to drink a lot of Constant Comment.  Then I realized that caffeine makes me anxious, so I gave up that habit.  I still like herbal infusions, though- but only on cold days.  The thing of drinking something hot in order to cool down only works in a dry climate, something my home region most certainly does not have.

Anthracite_Impreza
1 hour ago, Evobessive said:

everyone but weirdos love tea

I am also one of those weirdos.

2 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

I am also one of those weirdos.

Fair enough, I like weirdos though 😁

Then I'm resistant to caffiene and basically every NSAIDs out there.

Duke Memphis

I just think good tea is delicious regardless of my orientation.

5 hours ago, Pandark said:

Is there research behind that? I drink a fair amount of caffeine and my libido is basically nonexistent.

AceMissBehaving

I drink vast amounts of tea, and have a kettle that heats and holds the water to exactly the right temperature for several different types of leaves. You can count me as a hardcore member of the aces who love tea camp. 

6 hours ago, twetzel59 said:

I like tea. Honestly the correlation is probably just "observation bias" or potentially an effect of the large number of registered users in the UK, US, and Asia (as opposed to Southern Europe or South America coffee regions), so it could be a language barrier bias. IDK, it doesn't seem to be an "ace thing" to me, but then again, there's not really any evidence for the cake thing either; rather, it's just a cultural thing so meh. :D

I'm southern european and drink 3 bucket sized mugs of tea every day 😂

Archived