New person saying hello

Foula

Hello! I'm new here, I don't really do introductions very well. I'm a trans woman in my early 30s and I'm a university student - I've started university just a little late! I live in the UK.

I'm struggling with sexuality. I'm not a virgin, I've had sex in the past but I've never really been able to unpack my sexuality from my gender. Sex has always left me feeling cold and empty afterwards, and all I do is wish I was out of there and back in my own comfortable bed, by myself. Even transitioning hasn't made me enjoy it any more. I just feel used and dirty after I've done it, while everyone around me - especially other trans women - seem to treat sex like the core of their identity.

I can't help feeling like there's so much more we could be achieving if we weren't spending so much time on the pursuit of sex. I've got my work and studies to concentrate on, everyone's got meaningful things they could be doing for the world but we spend so much of our energy as a human race on trying to get naked with other people.

Anyway, sorry for the rant! I can't pretend I'll be a frequent poster, but I want a space where I can discuss this stuff with (hopefully) like-minded others.

Neutral Charge

Welcome to Aven! I completely understand what you mean, i feel the same way,  you are not alone in feeling that way towards sex and the act of sex.

Also well done for doing university study, im 31 and i have been working towards gathering funds and motivation to start  the school i never had a chance to go to before, its inspiring seeing people not giving up on learning no matter the age so thanks for that :D

again, welcome !

12 minutes ago, Neutral Charge said:

Welcome to Aven! I completely understand what you mean, i feel the same way,  you are not alone in feeling that way towards sex and the act of sex.

Also well done for doing university study, im 31 and i have been working towards gathering funds and motivation to start  the school i never had a chance to go to before, its inspiring seeing people not giving up on learning no matter the age so thanks for that :D

again, welcome !

What are you thinking of studying?

Neutral Charge
13 minutes ago, Foula said:

What are you thinking of studying?

Biology science with aims towards microbiology, i find the world of life in the lower levels within us fascinating and i want to learn as much as i can :D im thinking its not gonna be easy cause im no genius but if i love it, it should be fun and bring me joy, is what im hoping

1 hour ago, Foula said:

I can't help feeling like there's so much more we could be achieving if we weren't spending so much time on the pursuit of sex. I've got my work and studies to concentrate on, everyone's got meaningful things they could be doing for the world but we spend so much of our energy as a human race on trying to get naked with other people.

ahahha, yeah I understand your feelings here my friend

also, what are you studying at univeristy? :) 

AceMissBehaving

Frequent poster or not, welcome to the forums! 🍰♥️

4 hours ago, Foula said:

I can't help feeling like there's so much more we could be achieving if we weren't spending so much time on the pursuit of sex. 

I sometimes think I swapped the pursuit of sex with the pursuit of other distracting  feelings and am missing out on the number one ace superpower!

Welcome! Hey from Gatport Airwick, how’s uni life treating you? :) 

birthday_cake_for_friends_wallpaper-othe

Archived