My name is Jasen...

JasenIsMe

and after four years of trying to navigate a relationship. Of trying to figure out why I just couldn't/didn't/wouldn't want to have sex. Of trying to figure out what was wrong with me. What was broken. I've found my answer. Nothing.

Nothing is wrong with me. See. I have operated under the assumption that I am gay. And it is true. I do find appeal in men, and I couldn't picture any companion of mine not being a male. Somehow it wouldn't feel right. Be right. And I do want a companion. Someone to go through life together with, to cuddle, to watch lame tv comedies after long days at work, to get frustrated when they can beat the stage or the boss I have been stuck on for hours on end. But I was missing a piece. I stopped at gay, and I assumed that was all there is.

I'm also asexual. I won't say that I'm not attracted to the concept of sex. And the amount of kinks I have found that I find appeal in are rather frightening. But I prefer to read about it than to do. I tried a few different relationships and none of them could last. At first I assumed just a mismatch of interest, or maybe a lack of compatibility. But as evident by my last two relationships I just don't have the drive, nor the desire for it. And especially with the last break up so fresh I wish I did. But I don't. And that is just something that I have to accept about myself. 

So. Hello all! My name is Jasen, and I'm an asexual. 

Neutral Charge

Welcome to Aven! i know it was a big release and sense of freedom for me when i understood that missing detail that put things into place,  so i hope it feels as nice for you as it did for me, im glad you found a bit more of yourself and i hope that makes your life clearer and more pleasant  in the long run :D 

Cheers! 🖖

Archived