absurdity

(SP)

does the idea of sex ever just seem absurd

when you're walking somewhere and you look out at people and you think--these people go home and do that, do you ever just want to laugh, not that you're trying to make them feel bad...but i mean they connect their genitals and rhythmically move till some kind of climax--and that's just absurd..

roflrofl.gif

when i think about sex i think it's about

40% absurd

40% comical

10% sad

8% fascinating

2% disgusting

Live R Perfect

LMAO! :lol:

You know, you've got a point there! I am quite a people-watcher and very often sit around in town watching hetero couples walk by, and to me they look great in that situation, just holding hands and smiling. Then it crosses my mind that last night they were probably thrusting their pelvises at each other, and that image fills my mind with a mixture of revulsion and comedy. I mean, if you were to play some kind of slapstick music in the background of my mental images, that would be quite amusing.... :wink:

As liverlicker said, an image of sex combined with slapstick music would get me laughing quite hard. Uh, assuming the image wasn't too busy making me vomit.

I'm with Liverlicker on this one: when I see couples holding hands and smiling and doing the entire shampoo advert thing where everything is beautiful and the world is a wondrous place to live I think, 'Aww, that's sweet.' Then I try to picture the sex bit...I either can't get my mind around it at all or it seems rather ludicrous.

Cate

I don't think there's anything especially funny about the sex act itself, though I will admit it is absurd beyond all comprehension. Certainly notsomething I would've thought to do with my bits and pieces, I'll you that.

What I do think can be funny (and, alternately, morbidly depressing) is what sex does to people. Just what they'll do it to get, and how it the desire to do the conception tango screws with their heads. The effects of sex are more fascinating to me than coitus itself. The latter just produces a, "Wtf? Ick," response in me.

to me the act is absurd as well, though I do understand the emotional feelings that a lot of people try to tie to it.

As for thinking about it, i continue to live in my own little sheltered world, where people just don't, even if someone tells me they do, I just can't believe it, the idea to me just doesn't make sense. Rationally I know people do, I just can't imagine it period...

The clock strikes once, or seventeen times, or not at all.

Yes, it is absurd. But only because we humans have our most concentrated bundles of pleasure-nerves in absurd places. As has been said elsewhen, God must be a civil engineer; nobody else would build a major pleasure center in the middle of a waste disposal system. Maybe God is a dadaist.

boa

Live R Perfect
God must be a civil engineer; nobody else would build a major pleasure center in the middle of a waste disposal system. Maybe God is a dadaist.

boa

LOL! I like that expression a lot! :D

The human body does have a number of design flaws, doesn't it?

Suffocateme23

I agree with most of what was said above... it's nice to see two people together, holding hands/smiling or whatever, then the thought of what they do behind closed doors is well.... yarg!

when you're walking somewhere and you look out at people and you think--these people go home and do that, do you ever just want to laugh, not that you're trying to make them feel bad...but i mean they connect their genitals and rhythmically move till some kind of climax--and that's just absurd..

when you put it that way, it just makes me want to throw up. :?

i don't find it absurd, exactly, but i'd really just as soon not have to hear about others' sex lives. i feel like i should be laughing/un-phased out like everyone else who's listening.... but when some girl sitting across from me grabs her boobs in public to make a point, i find myself having to go up for more dessert. whetever happened to assuming people would just as soon not like to know? or better yet, keeping such intimate stories for yourself/your partner, as opposed to a counter at DunkinDonuts?

does the idea of sex ever just seem absurd

Yeah this is exactly how I feel, except it depresses me more than anything. Aside from the repulsion of course(repulsion because I can't grasp the concept of doing something like that).

I've had my share of romantic attractions(school girl crushes more like it), and just the thought that there's a 99% chance that these guys will be clamoring for/have done plenty of the horizontal nasty(and/or are just downright assholes) just reminds me of how pointless it is to feel anything. I feel so alienated when I look at people("developed"people) and realize that they all do *it*. Not that I harbor on it, I usually just try not to and just continue being my own lame goofy self. But I know what the truth is at the end of the day, that I'm in a sexual world that I don't belong in. I wish I had no feelings of attraction, because I know I'll never find anyone who doesn't want sex.

Do you ever sometimes wish you could have been sexual? I mean, I'm proud that I put myself at less of a risk for STDs, but then, I can't lie that it gets depressing to be an outcast.

Do you ever sometimes wish you could have been sexual? I mean, I'm proud that I put myself at less of a risk for STDs, but then, I can't lie that it gets depressing to be an outcast.

That's an interesting question, Janedoe. Although I've been curious about what it's like to have these feelings, I've never actually wished to feel them. The idea of it seems, well, unnecessarily complicating. I mean, there's all of these other feelings to sort out; joy, anger, amusement, annoyance and so forth. It must be horribly confusing to have sexual feelings mixed up in all of that.

But I can understand how isolated you feel, being surrounded by sexuality at every turn. It's like living in a foreign country where one understands the language fairly well, but there's still all these social cues that go right over ones head.

I don't find it absurd, I just find it's not for me. What I find absurd is the control it takes over people, entertainment and social time. I get really fucking tired standing in line ups behind people who are sucking face so much they haven't noticed the line has moved and while I dont' mind people holding hands or anything, the heavy petting needs to wait 'til they're behind closed doors. When I see people in the heat of horny passion at bus stops or on dance floors, I don't see two people in love because if they're in love...wouldn't they respect at least their partner? I see a few things.

1 - They're exhibitionists and get off on the entire population seeing their private activites.

2. They're egocentric and feel that the entire population even GIVES a shit about their private activities.

3. I'm not worthy of their respect to KEEP those activities private

4. Their momma just didn't teach them manners

5. They have such a low opinion of the person they're semi-boning that they want the world to know there's nothing more to this person than a trophy. "Look at me, I can screw them, you can't. ha-ha".

People can do what they want in private - it's the blatant displays all over the place. If I wanted to see two people fucking I'd rent a movie.

Archived