Loneliness

Uncle D

Being in love with an Asexual wife, has been the greatest challenge in my life thus far....it has made me very lonely. I've come to believe some loves are very costly.....mine has cost my health, both physical and mental........yet, I still love and want my beautiful SweetiePie. I always will. There is very little physical/emotional intimacy between us..holding hands and the occasional smooch. We have intellectual intimacy....we love each other, yet I am so lonely.....I suffer from depression and a severe anxiety disorder, I see a Psychiatrist for these.....my health has deteriorated, and continues to do so......the only sexual activity I have is through the internet, which I really wish I could get free from.....but, as of yet, when I long for my wife, I turn to the internet for satisfaction.....I know it's not right...but it's all there is for me...we sleep in separate rooms..I used the excuse of my health as a way to stop sleeping in the same bed, mainly, I just couldn't deal with seeing her but not getting to be with her anymore....I take sleep aids to sleep, yet I don't rest....my thoughts are on this subject 25/8......I have been told I have a great sense of humor, mainly because otherwise I would be crying all the time......yep, some loves are very costly. Mine is.

Anonymously asexual

My current relationship is like yours. I call it a Twin Flame relationship. We love, we respect each other, we improve each other's lives and we do all this without sex. My Grey sexual trigger does not live within her. So like you I cope and it can be a burden because we don't want to be unfaithful. We would never marry since we are incompatible spiritually.

The best answer I have for myself is to keep as busy as I can. Luckily I am getting older so its getting easier to forget I even have a libido.

I see this is you're first post. Welcome. :)

Yes....it is....I came across this site a couple years ago, but this is the first time I have posted....just hoping to find like minds to chat with, a hopeful way to cope.

Anonymously asexual
6 minutes ago, Uncle D said:

Yes....it is....I came across this site a couple years ago, but this is the first time I have posted....just hoping to find like minds to chat with, a hopeful way to cope.

That is why we are all here. To find like minds and perhaps some support here and there. :)

Archived