Nice to meet you

Cronelady

Hi, I've suspected for several years that I might be asexual. I think it's mainly a hormonal imbalance with me. I was a late developer and didn't have sex until I was 21. Then followed a period of what I now see was discovery and experimentation when I engaged in a lot of sexual activity right through to my early 40s. However, I had often found that when in a relationship I quickly lost the urge to have sex with my partners, finding it repulsive after the initial feelings of being in love had died down. I have found that as I've got older (I'm 51) my desire to have sex has got less and less. This has been finished off completely by having treatment for breast cancer which has brought on menopause and I am on medication to block oestrogen production. I am not bereft because I have no libido though, as many cancer patients are, I don't want to fix it or just get on with it, as my husband (now ex) thinks I should. I realise I am not broken, just different. The thought of sexual acts repulses me but I have done them in the past to please the other person. My ability to have penetrative sex has gone now as it's too painful for me due to the effects of my cancer treatment but I'm not upset about that. I can still enjoy physical pleasure but I'm not really bothered, I can take it or leave it really. I can feel romantic love and be aesthetically attracted to someone but I would just like to be sensual with them, not sexual. I feel no arousal. It is such a relief, pardon the pun, to find this website. I'm delighted to be here 😊

2 hours ago, MissMidnight said:

Welcome :) Here is your cake.Dragon-1.1.jpg?v=1527287313

Thank you! That's gorgeous ❤️

On 8/18/2019 at 8:03 PM, MichaelTannock said:

@Cronelady A very belated welcome to AVEN!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a 'Fairy Forest' cake (all edible),

http://cakesdecor.com/cakes/328014-fairy-forest

w37ublgs0pszkkznf9y0.jpg

That's beautiful, thank you 😁 

Phantasmal Fingers

Welcome aboard! 😊

Archived