Your original characters

Arodash

I'm an amateur writer and almost every character I've ever created was "normal," which to me meant that they didn't really think or talk about sex at all.  I guess I unintentionally created a dozen novels' worth of ace characters.  The only exceptions are a very few characters who also happen to be jerks.

.diva plavalaguna.

Hm. I suppose my main lady could identify as ace. She is modeled after an ideal version of myself. None of my stories actually take place on Earth, though, and I've never given any thought to what "asexual" would be in her language/culture. Actually, I haven't intended to focus on sexualities that much in my stories at all. Everyone is just...varied. Lady OC's lack of "need" for sex might become something I explore, as she develops a romantic relationship with Man OC (they have names, I'm just being purposely vague lol), who has a definite "need." I honestly don't think I'm gonna go out of my way to make asexuality a thing, though. At least, not in the Earth-sense lol.  

My other D & D character is a Half Orc Barbarian. Due to his past he's never reviled his true name. He's usually found in Taverns so everyone calls him Grog. He refers to himself as Grog as well. Having a low Charisma score makes him asexual since he can't exactly woe the ladies. 

Amethyst Raven

I have so many lol

Vishandres Bladefeather- a Night Elf Fury Warrior who hungers for vengeance against her fallen brothers and sisters at Ashenvale, Teldrassil, etc

Ashandres Bluewing- A Night Elf Druid who has a lot of pride for her people and also pledges herself to fight along side of the Alliance.

Vaeothiel- a young arcane mage who travels with her mother and loves to explore

Gunnrae- A Valkyrie that wields a long spear, and has been trapped within Hel's realm for quite a time.

Nochti- A wood elf druid who is more feral; she's skinny and wears somewhat revealing clothing. She fights with the vigor and power of a panther.

Varassian- A...honestly, I don't know, who is just angry all the time. Not sure what to do with this character, he hasn't really given himself a backstory yet, or a hint to what he is.

A lot (if not, all) my characters are ace, simply because I don't see a point to really giving them sexual interests. Romantic interests, yes, but I really doubt writing lemons for them will flesh out their characters at all.

Bronztrooper

Most of my characters are sexual, though their stories never really feature sex (at most it's been vague references to 'off-screen' examples), and most of those sexual characters are from before I realized that I was ace.

atm, I only have 1 ace character that's a female qunari (race of tall (think around 7ft) and usually horned people from the Dragon Age series) named Karda who's very hyper, impulsive, and overall cheerful person (also rather immature at times).  She's got a very 'barebones' understanding of sex which is the result of a combination of her parents not deeming it important enough to go in-depth about and her own lack of interest.  Beyond that, she's not great at planning or thinking ahead, which tends to lead to her getting lost and running out of money.

Haven't gotten a chance to write much for her, but most of her stories are gonna be pretty goofy, overall :ph34r:

✿ Camelia ✿

As a proper rp-addicted soul, I guess this is where I feel right at home lol.

How interesting though!

Thinking back on my rp history, my very first character was demi. I mean, I now know this, I didn't at the time. She was the prude of the gange, though very much loved nonetheless. And then 5 or something years ago I created an aromantic asexual character... as I realized my own orientation only few months ago I guess I really should have listened to my subconscious way more than I did. All the time I once spent worrying about romantic/sexual OC I played ("is this working? What am I even writing?") was mainly put together through what I absorbed from media (books especially).

I have been rethinking all my OC orientation since then and albeit I put out a very varied bunch I can say the majority are on the ace/aro spectrum (they come in a huge variety of colours though).

Also me too, I learned that I don't feel comfortable writing explicit sexual stuff so I just agree with whoever else to fade to black and skip it lol.

15 hours ago, ✿ Camelia ✿ said:

As a proper rp-addicted soul, I guess this is where I feel right at home lol.

How interesting though!

Thinking back on my rp history, my very first character was demi. I mean, I now know this, I didn't at the time. She was the prude of the gange, though very much loved nonetheless. And then 5 or something years ago I created an aromantic asexual character... as I realized my own orientation only few months ago I guess I really should have listened to my subconscious way more than I did. All the time I once spent worrying about romantic/sexual OC I played ("is this working? What am I even writing?") was mainly put together through what I absorbed from media (books especially).

I have been rethinking all my OC orientation since then and albeit I put out a very varied bunch I can say the majority are on the ace/aro spectrum (they come in a huge variety of colours though).

Also me too, I learned that I don't feel comfortable writing explicit sexual stuff so I just agree with whoever else to fade to black and skip it lol.

Literally how I rp. Fade to black and skip. The sexual orientation of my OCs only really matters to me if it relates to the story. Context is everything to me, for instance when various companies come out and proclaim a characters orientation yet. It doesnt impact the story in anyway shape or form, it feels like hard core pandering to me. 

scarletlatitude

I have an ace character in my book. Since I'm posting it on AVEN (link in signature) I won't say who because it would reveal plot points. I also have a pansexual character, and an aro character. I have one who is celibate because of trauma.  

✿ Camelia ✿
13 hours ago, scarletlatitude said:

I have an ace character in my book. Since I'm posting it on AVEN (link in signature) I won't say who because it would reveal plot points. I also have a pansexual character, and an aro character. I have one who is celibate because of trauma.  

Oooh that thread I bookmarked! So excited to read it :)

On 8/16/2019 at 2:56 PM, Arodash said:

Literally how I rp. Fade to black and skip. The sexual orientation of my OCs only really matters to me if it relates to the story. Context is everything to me, for instance when various companies come out and proclaim a characters orientation yet. It doesnt impact the story in anyway shape or form, it feels like hard core pandering to me. 

Yeah, I explore that aspect of my OC only if it brings something of value to the plot or the character arch (and like, still only on general terms and if the other writer is someone I feel comfortable with). Otherwise, the interaction feels like devoided of meaning. Which, I mean, applies just to myself. I have no quarrel with others' choices as long as I don't have to roll with it 🤣

AlkalineCube

Maybe this is odd, but I don't have any ace characters. I prefer to roleplay sexual characters, though I suppose you could consider any actual D&D characters I created to be asexual. That would only be because I've only played with my family, however, and I would find it incredibly creepy to involve sexuality in a roleplay with my Dad or son.

Oh this post is the best, thank you! 

I've just recently started to create a lot of ace characters (my old RP buddy was very hypersexual and would push me to have hypersexual characters as well and call my low-libido characters prudes, anormal, etc. so I felt kind of weird making them, but since I don't RP with her anymore I've made tons of them and demi too!). Here are the mains

Megara & Prudence : who are actually a ace/demi lesbian couple! Meg is not interested in sex, but she isn't repulsed, just uninterested while Prudence is a bit interested, they have sex once or twice a year and Meg doesn't mind doing it because she likes making her girlfriend happy^^ They have other physical contact but their main passion is to travel the continent together - they live in a medieval setting (that is open about gay people) and want to make an accurate map for travellers to follow! 

Suho : Who is also not sex repulsed but really feels no real attraction to people. His body does feel good when he has sex but he wouldn't engage in it for any other reasons than someone else started doing it to him. He has terrible social anxiety and prefers to stay alone, at home, with his garden. 

Damien : Who is an angel and wants sex only to have kids. He has a really hard time understanding why people would want to have sex beside for that ;v; 

I like exploring all type of people through my characters so I also have the very hypersexual dude who really doesn't understand how someone could be ace X'D 

Just a word for sex roleplay : I do appreciate it when it helps build character developpement but if it doesn't I don't really like it? ;-;  

Well I have inspired my friend to make a comic about 2 guys who made a mobile pirate radio station while on the run from the FCC, police and the FBI for stealing, squatting, and pirating music to the air set in the late 80's.

The main two characters are homoromantic and because their on the run time to time there won't be time for romance, then no possiblity of anything other than holding hands, hugs, or a kiss on the cheek will ever occur.

I have been working on a bunch of different short stories that involve various characters and they all exist in sort of the same world around the same time, some I have written specifically to be ace because they are based on myself, but some its just more of, what they do or dont do in the sheets has no actual affect on the plot. 

The stories take place in the 2030s after a global crisis that has left most technological nations crippled, the bulk of the stories take place in the north eastern US as survivors try to keep their communities together

• 3 weeks later...

Um, I’m writing something for DoE, and the main character, Estelle, nicknamed Estie, is asexual. Since the characters are under 16, don’t think it will ever be a proper plot point, but she is definitely ace. She’s also homoromantic, which is actually relevant to the plot. 

When I was younger, I was really into Ben 10, Dragon Ball (I'm still into DB btw) and stuff. At the time, I had the unoriginal idea to make an "OC" that was basically "What if Ben Tennyson was a Saiyan that was sent to Earth" scenario. I used to ship him with another character, from a completely different show - Will Vandom from W.I.T.C.H. For those who don't know, W.I.T.C.H. was originally an Italian comic book that was released in the mid-2000s but I only watched ever watched the animated show on JETIX. Yeah, I was cringy as fuck. And no, I wasn't really aware of my aceness at the time, tho it really did bleed through the ship as I mostly saw them as the battle couple or so.

Now, I don't really have OCs. The closest that comes to that is probably when I play video games that allows me to customize the main character (hairstyle, face, eyes, gender, ect.). The game allows that and I sure af am going to make the character to look like me in the very first playthrough. A lot of people might consider this an self-insert (so I heard) but for me and many other gamers, it's just a way to improve the immersion in the game.

Purple Wanderer

Now I think about it there was a post apocolyptic character I did who unintentionally was ace. (Before i knew this was even a thing)  she never had an interest in sex or relationships but knew others did, so would use sex as a weapon to get what she needed or out of trouble with soldiers etc. A means to an end. 

May need to revisit. Interesting. 

6 minutes ago, Purple Wanderer said:

Now I think about it there was a post apocolyptic character I did who unintentionally was ace. (Before i knew this was even a thing)  she never had an interest in sex or relationships but knew others did, so would use sex as a weapon to get what she needed or out of trouble with soldiers etc. A means to an end. 

May need to revisit. Interesting. 

I like the concept of your character here an OC I have who I use in more than one story (he is a character I can rework and retool for the setting) who in one of the stories which takes place in a pseudo futuristic steam punk world (fight me people steampunk rules XD) was born from a worker in a brothel and was raised within by his various "aunts" he too was, basically, ace before I knew of being an asexual. 

1 hour ago, Arodash said:

one of the stories which takes place in a pseudo futuristic steam punk world

ARE YOU FOR REAL, YOU WRITE STEAMPUNK STORIES?! 

On 8/5/2019 at 11:55 PM, blunose2772 said:

One of my D & D characters is an Elf Bard named Ishtar Nightbreeze. He cares more about getting first hand adventuring experience to add to his songs than romance

I love this!

5 minutes ago, NicoleHolmes said:

ARE YOU FOR REAL, YOU WRITE STEAMPUNK STORIES?! 

I write all kinds of stuff

In an older series I wrote, which I plan to rework when I’ve finished DoE, most of the characters were pretty much asexual, apart from the main characters aunt. I guess I thought since I didn’t have those thoughts, it meant that people my age just never felt like that? I hadn’t heard of being ace yet.

Hmm. I've skimmed through the replies here, and it looks like most people are talking about characters who are specifically asexual.

In my case, it's more like, the idea of romance isn't even mentioned in passing in many of the stories I think up. My explanations would be variations of "they're too busy to bother with dating", or perhaps "you don't want to see me writing relationships, trust me".

Combined with how I can barely imagine making something with a male protagonist, I'd probably get a lot of questions... and I'd be tempted to ignore some of them.

(For what it's worth, I was thinking of making something about... superheroines? Not quite the kind that can fly and deflect bullets, mind you. I might come back here to elaborate, because I've been working on this message for too long.)

53 minutes ago, Captain Jay said:

Hmm. This seems like a good thread to drop in on... I think.

You see, I've skimmed through the replies here, and it looks like most people are talking about characters who are specifically asexual. In my case, it's more like, the idea of romance isn't even mentioned in passing in many of the stories I think up. My explanations would be variations of "she's too busy to bother with dating", or perhaps "you don't want to see me writing relationships, trust me".

Combined with how I can hardly imagine myself making something with a male protagonist, I'd probably get a lot of questions... and I'd be tempted to ignore some of them.

(For what it's worth, I was thinking of making something about... superheroines? Not quite the kind that can fly and deflect bullets, mind you. I might come back here to elaborate, because I've been working on this message for too long.)

I also prefer stories without rommance

Well I make OCs for Kamen Rider (this sci fi series I like, it’s the same genre as power rangers but quite a bit different), and well I have two who are aro/ace spec:

Jamie Aaron (from https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Build), a scientist/racing driver who is KR Ion and is inspired by Jamie Chadwick (F3 driver and W Series Champion) (Ace)

Aiden Dale (from https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Zi-O), a friend of the main guy Sougo Tokiwa who is KR Reza and inspired by Aiden Moffat (BTCC driver) (aro)

• 11 months later...
TheNostalgicAce

I am currently writing a story from the universe of The Dark Crystal. The creatures in that universe are a very connected and sexual race. They place heavy importance on family. The main character of MY story, "Kana" who is pictured in my icon, is an asexual. However, like myself she is hetero romantic, but skews a little in the aro territory...(There is a term for that i'm sure, but I just don't know it.)

Janus the Fox

Thread Locked as it’s over 6 months old

Janus DarkFox

Cover Asexual Relationships, Current Questions about Asexuality, Asexual Musings and Rantings & Open Mic Moderator

Archived