• another person
    • Town crier
    • Bells of church
    • Natural body momentum/body rhythm/routine
    • Need to use facilities
    • the police/cops/gardaí/ law enforcement officers
    • bird songs
    • sound of the rooster at dawn
    • work ringing giving out to me "where the **** are you, you are late and if you are not in in the next 20 minutes, don't come in again"
    • the new day is enough to get me up
    • i don't, i just stay in bed all day looking at aven, twitter, facebook etc
    • my partner getting up and disturbing me
    • my neighbour's pet(s)
    • debt collectors
    • milk man / bin collector
    • some other way that iff didn't think of
  2. 2. What time is your target time to usually wake up at?

• from midnight to 12:59am
    • 1am to 1:59am
    • 2am to 2:59 am
    • 3am to 3:59am
    • 4 am to 4:59am
    • 5am to 5:29am
    • 5:30am to 5:59am
    • 6am to 6:19am
    • 6:20am to 6:39am
    • 6:40am to 6:59am
    • 7am: to 7:19am
    • 7:20am to 7:39am
    • 7:40am to 7:59am
    • 8am to 8:19am
    • 8:20am to 8:39am
    • 8:40am to 8:59am
    • 9am to 9:59am
    • 10am to 10:59am
    • 11am to 11:59am
    • Midday to 111:59pm

This poll is closed to new votes

My alarm, which produces a terribly loud and insistent beeping that will continue for an hour. I typically sleep through five to fifteen minutes of it, and once slept through the entire thing. Whenever I really have to get up at a certain time, I worry that will happen again, but it hasn't. While one of my cats is almost always to be found sleeping curled up near my feet when I wake up, he doesn't wake me up (although if the cats start wrestling or running over my bed, that wakes me up).

Light will wake me up eventually, so I keep my room as dark as possible, with shades on the windows and only a tiny sliver of light coming in through the door (which I leave partially open now so that cats can come and go). I can always be woken up by a sufficient amount of shaking.

I usually set my alarm for somewhere between 11:50 AM and 12:10 PM, because all my work is freelance from home where I don't need to keep specific hours and I'd much rather be awake late at night than early in the morning.

DragonSpirit

I'm a night owl. I'm not a morning person AT ALL. I'm a complete mess in the morning. I'm still at the she where my mother can drag me out of bed. I'd like to wake up early, but it's never happening. I normally wake up between 10:00 to 12:00, but my record is sleeping soundly until my mother shook me awake at 2:00 in the afternoon. Feel free to be awed.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using my fitbit as an alarm clock for a while, but I can't find it.  Might get another.  Prefer it to phone alarm.

• 11 months later...

@iff

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived