For those who are into crime fiction: P. D. Scott - "Ace of Hearts: A Deadly Hand"

Homer

On August 9, 2019 , PD. Scott , author of Ace of Hearts: A Deadly Hand, will release her second novel, book 2: Ace of Hearts: Suit Up to Amazon.com. It processes the first novel Ace of Hearts: A Deadly Hand available on Amazon and BarnesandNoble.com

2 August - https://www.prweb.com/releases/ace_of_hearts_suit_up_book_two_of_the_four_book_series_will_release_august_9_2019_on_amazon/prweb16474348.htm

Comrade F&F

...Is this a crime noir with an asexual main character? Why have I not seen this before!

Well, so's not to lose out on this little bit of publicity (!) I would like to say that I released my third novel in my County Durham Quad crime/LGBTQ series in March and it had an asexual protagonist as well. Title is Ace in the Picture and it's available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble too.  

@yyy my ace character is a detective and plays a big part in the second half of the story, which focuses on art fraud. (Regarding  are there/aren't there sex scenes, being asexual doesn't necessarily mean you don't think about sex, and there are other ways to find people attractive, of course. )  

I'm two-thirds through the fourth book in the series and he's making another appearance. 

On 8/8/2019 at 3:12 AM, yyy said:

The thing is what would be significant about an asexual protagonist?  No "sex scenes" with that protagonist? Would his/her being asexual have anything to do with the plot? 

Disclaimer: I don't do "labels" and I don't give a hoot whether I'm asexual or not. Also haven't read the book.

However, not wanting something that virtually everyone wants can affect your outlook on this planet. Example: I can confidently say that friendships mean more to me than they do to the average person. I can confidently say that I place them WAY above romantic relatipnships. I can confidently say that a romantic/sexual relationship wouldn't have the priority it would have for most. That alone is quite a bit to work with and to expand on when you're a writer :)

There's a load of things I don't get either: Clothes and how people use them to "express themselves", putting feelings above facts, wanting children, flirting... that would make it more difficult to relate to the feelings of the other protagonists, which is another nice angle when it comes to character development. The list of possibilities is pretty long :)

Archived