Insults towards Ace people

Arodash

Stardust_Girl
7 hours ago, Arodash said:

I totally understand what its like to have an SO who can not accept what you are and i'm sorry that he couldnt, I hope things are doing well for you

Oh yeah, this was all nearly a year ago so I've been able to move on from it. Since then he's moved to another state across the US so he's been pretty much outta sight outta mind lol.

I had a relative laugh at me and then very bluntly tell me I'm defective for being ace, that was fun.

Crazycrazycultist
2 minutes ago, Alidan said:

I had a relative laugh at me and then very bluntly tell me I'm defective for being ace, that was fun.

I'm not a psychologist. But, it doesn't take someone who's a master of psychology to know that saying is pretty fucked up!

andreas1033
6 minutes ago, Alidan said:

My attitude to people like that, is that at least i am not like them.

These sorts are the types whom think the world does not have enough babies, and they want to bring more and more kids into this world.

Yep, socalled family, or distant family can be as bad as the worst people towards you when your different.

bangyougotme

This one kind of isn’t that bad... other than it was me. Before I discovered asexuality I used to refer to myself as a “prude.” My partner actually remembers me describing myself this way when we met back when I was 21. 

I didn’t fully accept my sexual orientation until I was 23-24. It is much nicer being asexual than a prude.

AceMissBehaving
24 minutes ago, bangyougotme said:

This one kind of isn’t that bad... other than it was me. Before I discovered asexuality I used to refer to myself as a “prude.” My partner actually remembers me describing myself this way when we met back when I was 21. 

I didn’t fully accept my sexual orientation until I was 23-24. It is much nicer being asexual than a prude.

After we moved I found out some of our old friends used to describe me as a prude. To this day I don’t know if I should find it funny or insulting. 

bangyougotme
1 minute ago, AceMissBehaving said:

After we moved I found out some of our old friends used to describe me as a prude. To this day I don’t know if I should find it funny or insulting. 

Ha, I’ve had a similar experience. It resulted in a conversation where I basically said “How dare you! Well I am... but how dare you!”

Ultimately, maybe it should be the slur we can take back, haha. Queer and prude. 

“Look at that group of beautiful prudes over their representing the ace flag.”

I’m into it. 

AceMissBehaving
32 minutes ago, bangyougotme said:

Ha, I’ve had a similar experience. It resulted in a conversation where I basically said “How dare you! Well I am... but how dare you!”

Ultimately, maybe it should be the slur we can take back, haha. Queer and prude. 

“Look at that group of beautiful prudes over their representing the ace flag.”

I’m into it. 

Ha right!? 

The weird thing is while I don’t personally want to have sex, I’m very sex positive for everyone else, and do a lot of risqué entertainment. So while I won’t  swap sex life stories, I will perform half naked for large crowds and fetish events.

Definitely less sexually active than those old friends, but also doing things that would have them clutching their pearls.

bangyougotme
9 minutes ago, AceMissBehaving said:

Ha right!? 

The weird thing is while I don’t personally want to have sex, I’m very sex positive for everyone else, and do a lot of risqué entertainment. So while I won’t  swap sex life stories, I will perform half naked for large crowds and fetish events.

Definitely less sexually active than those old friends, but also doing things that would have them clutching their pearls.

I find myself in a similar situation. I am actually super sex positive and very informed and progressive.

I think I was very curious about sex at a young age but in a much different more scientific way. Since it was quite scary for me, I made it a priority to be as educated and prepared as possible. This resulted in me today; a very asexual being who can also give you advice on how to do pegging safely. 

I think that is very cool. Also, are you a burlesque performer? I saw your post from earlier. I am still fan girling over your post.

12 hours ago, Crazycrazycultist said:

But, it doesn't take someone who's a master of psychology to know that saying is pretty fucked up!

No pun intended? 😛 

Crazycrazycultist
2 hours ago, Pan Ficto. (on hiatus?) said:

No pun intended? 😛 

A little intended!

AceMissBehaving
22 hours ago, bangyougotme said:

I find myself in a similar situation. I am actually super sex positive and very informed and progressive.

I think I was very curious about sex at a young age but in a much different more scientific way. Since it was quite scary for me, I made it a priority to be as educated and prepared as possible. This resulted in me today; a very asexual being who can also give you advice on how to do pegging safely. 

I think that is very cool. Also, are you a burlesque performer? I saw your post from earlier. I am still fan girling over your post.

Same here! Since I wasn’t really into this thing that everyone else was I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out, as a result I seem to now know a lot about a lot different acts, and why other people might be super into them.

I am a burlesque performer, I also do more specifically fetish based performance, and pole dance as well. I think that comes in part from the same curiosity mentioned above. It’s been a great way to take what I’ve learned, and put it to some kind of use without it being directly funneled into actual sex

I have childish friends who obsess over masturbation, head jobs and anything sexual - they're really not much different to 16 year olds.

They don't know I'm ace, but they've made comments about alternative sexualities

It doesn't bother me though. I have a choice - to take offence, or dispense of their ignorance. I choose not to be a 'victim' and just ignore a lot of their bullshit.

Those that make judgements of you - it's borne of ignorance and naivety, not malice.

1 hour ago, CBC said:

I'm not ace, but yeah, gay women get that one too. Shut the fuck up and get over yourself, dude. It's not like I have no sexual experience with penises. Sure it might feel good... hell, I've even had fleeting crushes on guys to the point I will say I'm "technically bisexual"... but I do not fall in love with men (learnt that the hard way, by thinking I was in love and marrying one), do not connect the same way emotionally, and sex with them feels like a recreational activity that leaves me feeling a bit icky and empty. So no, no matter how fantastically skilled you are at sticking your pecker in things, no matter what you may be capable of making me feel physically, you're not going to change my orientation or make me find sex with you to be a truly valuable experience.

Obviously not all heterosexual men are like this (thankfully the majority I've met are not), but arrogant twats like that certainly exist.

Men who act like that are childish and ignorant, the deffinition of a toxic man, they think their penis is the gods gift and can... correct... orientation. Thankfully the majority of men you have met havent been this way

bangyougotme
On 8/4/2019 at 4:34 PM, AceMissBehaving said:

Same here! Since I wasn’t really into this thing that everyone else was I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out, as a result I seem to now know a lot about a lot different acts, and why other people might be super into them.

I am a burlesque performer, I also do more specifically fetish based performance, and pole dance as well. I think that comes in part from the same curiosity mentioned above. It’s been a great way to take what I’ve learned, and put it to some kind of use without it being directly funneled into actual sex

I never saw this but I am actually trying to get into pole dancing right now. As a class, not an occupation none the less. Wish me luck 💃

Crazycrazycultist
7 minutes ago, bangyougotme said:

I never saw this but I am actually trying to get into pole dancing right now. As a class, not an occupation none the less. Wish me luck 💃

Good luck!

18 minutes ago, bangyougotme said:

Much luck! But above all have super fun

AceMissBehaving
3 hours ago, bangyougotme said:

Good luck! It’s a lot of fun!

lilyofthevalley

I’ve had “I’m so sorry” a few times. Or once someone asked me if that meant I was into plants.

Been told that I “should probably see a therapist because it isn’t normal” and “humans need to be attracted to each other to keep reproducing” I guess it isn’t that bad but it was annoying. Also the classic “how do you know if you haven’t tried it?”

8 hours ago, Gingerpud said:

Been told that I “should probably see a therapist because it isn’t normal” and “humans need to be attracted to each other to keep reproducing” I guess it isn’t that bad but it was annoying. Also the classic “how do you know if you haven’t tried it?”

If I had a nickle for every time I heard those statements

Not exactly an insult for being asexual (as I didn't know at the time) but I was pretty much looked down on for being a virgin in my mid 20s...by a hospital nurse!

I was basically having a test done but when it became apparent that my virginity would make things harder (I was already really uncomfortable with the process) the nurse got annoyed and outright dimissed me on the spot, getting annoyed with me.

I was really upset and I really wished I had remembered her name so I could complain properly. Needless to say, that event scarred me.

5 hours ago, Danigirl86 said:

Not exactly an insult for being asexual (as I didn't know at the time) but I was pretty much looked down on for being a virgin in my mid 20s...by a hospital nurse!

I was basically having a test done but when it became apparent that my virginity would make things harder (I was already really uncomfortable with the process) the nurse got annoyed and outright dimissed me on the spot, getting annoyed with me.

I was really upset and I really wished I had remembered her name so I could complain properly. Needless to say, that event scarred me.

Im sorry that happened. Its never fun when medical workers needlessly make patients feel bad. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2019 at 6:37 PM, Gingerpud said:

“humans need to be attracted to each other to keep reproducing”

I've heard this one. It's dumb because if anything there are too many humans on this planet and a small percentage of the population not reproducing, whether they're asexual or sexual, really isn't going to hurt anything.

I got "That doesn't exist" once

1 hour ago, AceAnimeFan said:

I got "That doesn't exist" once

I still get that

Archived