Insults towards Ace people

Arodash

Good morning everyone! (Its morning at my place as I type this) I have a question for all my fellow cake lovers out there. 

What was the most insulting or prejudice thing you heard from someone when they learned you where on the Asexual spectrum?

And how did you deal with it?

Feel free to share for your own feelings and to also help other ace folk, expressing ourselves and sometimes using humor helps us heal.

The most insulting/prejudice thing I’ve experienced would be “you can’t be, you’ve had sex!” or “that’s not a real orientation!”. So not too bad.

The most annoying is: “That must mean you MASTURBATE a lot! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (etc)!”

I tend to roll my eyes and get on with my life!

"That's a sin." "Asexuals don't exist." "You just want attention."

I dealt with it by realizing that, no, asexuality is simply who I am, like being straight or gay or bi.  Although I'm still pretty crushed.

Just now, Iam9man said:

The most annoying is: “That must mean you MASTURBATE a lot! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (etc)!”

That's weird, 'cause someone once asked me, "So you never masturbate?"

1 minute ago, crazy ace said:

That's weird, 'cause someone once asked me, "So you never masturbate?"

I guess it depends on their understanding/our explanations, to an extent?

But yeah, also had “do you masturbate?!” as an attempt at invalidation 🙄

I personally have heard "thats not real"

"Your a guy, all guys want sex"

"How do you know if you havent tried it?

"So your a robot"

I tend to respond by attempting. Key word attempt. To explain the spectrum. And if I was a robot or could actually reproduce through Mitosis that would be awesome

11 minutes ago, crazy ace said:

"That's a sin." "Asexuals don't exist." "You just want attention."

I dealt with it by realizing that, no, asexuality is simply who I am, like being straight or gay or bi.  Although I'm still pretty crushed.

Thats a sin? Okay now thats a new one for me, first sex is a sin, now not having sex is a sin, will these people who claim everything is sin make up their minds!? Lol.... how did you respond to being called a sinner?

The whole "you must of not had good sex", "my dick is great", blah blah blah. The ego's some men have are entertaining. Even if you are great at sex, I really don't give a fuck. That doesn't do anything for me. Those are the things I hear most. 😂

The one that I didn't mind at the time but came to resent was "It might change after you've had sex. My friend was like that."

Literally, no. Fuck you. Go fuck a ***** and see if that makes you *****sexual. 

1 hour ago, Arodash said:

"Your a guy, all guys want sex"

OH! I just love the reverse of that! "You're a girl, that's normal." Ugh.

andreas1033
12 minutes ago, Sols said:

The whole "you must of not had good sex", "my dick is great", blah blah blah. The ego's some men have are entertaining. Even if you are great at sex, I really don't give a fuck. That doesn't do anything for me. Those are the things I heart most. 😂

As an asexual male, i believe that plenty of females have just as strong an ego, as the worst sexual males do.

Anthracite_Impreza

I wasn't insulted, I found it funny, but some of my college peers were convinced I was secretly into necrophilia or bestiality or somet. They weren't far off with the 'into cars' idea though :P

AceMissBehaving

The assumption that if you’re not into sex you can’t be any fun.

"You ... that..  y-you just can't! "

"SO YOU WANT TO BE AN LONELY 80-YEAR-OLD GEEZER LIVING ALL ALONE WITH NOBODY??!"

These two came from the same person. I kept arguing with them about this till break time was over.

And the most annoying one in my opinion: "You'll find someone!"

I got so pissed that I just shut up them with "I rather die than date."

I try to not be so mad at people but they just keep pushing me over the edge. 😕

Crazycrazycultist
12 minutes ago, andreas1033 said:

"What is wrong with you, have you got a mouse in your pocket or something"

lol

Maybe I've just never heard of this before. But, what does having a Mouse in your pocket translate with sexual orientation?

andreas1033
16 minutes ago, Crazycrazycultist said:

Maybe I've just never heard of this before. But, what does having a Mouse in your pocket translate with sexual orientation?

You will have to think about that.

About what females think males parts are, and there assumptions of why some males will not try sex with them. Sexual females assume all males want sex, they ponder why some males will not.

If you get me.

Crazycrazycultist
8 minutes ago, andreas1033 said:

You will have to think about that.

About what females think males parts are, and there assumptions of why some males will not try sex with them. Sexual females assume all males want sex, they ponder why some males will not.

If you get me.

Oh! I think I get it now!

38 minutes ago, andreas1033 said:

As an asexual male, i believe that plenty of females have just as strong an ego, as the worst sexual males do.

Well obviously, and I think most people understood that I was talking about MY experience and what I've been told. If I was interested in females, I'd put their input in my comment. 

13 minutes ago, Sols said:

Well obviously, and I think most people understood that I was talking about MY experience and what I've been told. If I was interested in females, I'd put their input in my comment. 

I think we all can agree if someone's entire ego is around how great they are at sex. What kind of person are they? Are they anything but a really shallow hole? 

1 hour ago, Sols said:

The whole "you must of not had good sex", "my dick is great", blah blah blah. The ego's some men have are entertaining. Even if you are great at sex, I really don't give a fuck. That doesn't do anything for me. Those are the things I heart most. 😂

I wish to meet these men who claim their dick is great I feel like a conversation with them would be very entertaining, I know a few guys like this at my firehouse

andreas1033
6 minutes ago, Arodash said:

I wish to meet these men who claim their dick is great I feel like a conversation with them would be very entertaining, I know a few guys like this at my firehouse

There are lots of females, whom see there vagina as something special too.

There see it as a glory hole, sort of like a prize.

So both genders, have people that see there privates as special. Both genders have people, whom see there genital areas, as some gods gift sort of thing. Its not only males whom see it that way.

Some females see there vaginas as glory holes.

lol

4 minutes ago, andreas1033 said:

There are lots of females, whom see there vagina as something special too.

There see it as a glory hole, sort of like a prize.

So both genders, have people that see there privates as special. Both genders have people, whom see there genital areas, as some gods gift sort of thing. Its not only males whom see it that way.

Some females see there vaginas as glory holes.

lol

Ohhh I know but I actually havent met any like that thankfully. You dont need to be ace to know there should be more to someone than their reproductive organs, I thought that was we get older and get further away from highschool days people would realize that. Nope. It like, gets worse when they start drinking

3 hours ago, Arodash said:

...What was the most insulting or prejudice thing you heard from someone when they learned you where on the Asexual spectrum?...

Automatic dismissal: being told that I was just "following the group who votes liberal, making up a special name for yourselves..."

...And how did you deal with it?...

I tried patiently explaining that asexuality is a legitimate sexual orientation, known by some health professionals, that some research has been done on, etc., that is wasn't just "a group of people wanting to make up a special name for themselves."

This still didn't help; the person still thinks asexuals have to do with "Social Justice Warriors," people who vote Democratic, etc. and thinks that we (and other, professional academics) are just trying to "push an agenda," all without bothering to try to interact with asexuals, read AVEN, or studies. The person criticizes and negatively judges people who care about equality for others, automatically assumes their way of thinking about issues is wrong, that they're a liar, biased, etc.

The ironic part is the person isn't into sex or relationships, either, and has said that they're not asexual. Just because they don't care about labeling themselves or being a part of a group, they feel that others shouldn't, either, that they're just "wanting a special name for themselves," "wanting special treatment from others," etc.

1 minute ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

Automatic dismissal: being told that I was just "following the group who votes liberal, making up a special name for yourselves..."

I tried patiently explaining that asexuality is a legitimate sexual orientation, known by some health professionals, that some research has been done on, etc., that is wasn't just "a group of people wanting to make up a special name for themselves."

This still didn't really help much; the person still thinks that it has to do with "Social Justice Warriors," people who vote Democratic, etc. and thinks they're trying to "push an agenda."

Ohhh how little they know about it being an orientation. And I love how they think sexual orientation has a political orientation. Granted your orientation can influence your political standpoints but, thats not always the case. But dont worry your not alone friend

2 hours ago, Arodash said:

Thats a sin? Okay now thats a new one for me, first sex is a sin, now not having sex is a sin, will these people who claim everything is sin make up their minds!? Lol.... how did you respond to being called a sinner?

I asked him why, and he said, "Be fruitful and multiply" *eye roll*

42 minutes ago, Arodash said:

I think we all can agree if someone's entire ego is around how great they are at sex. What kind of person are they? Are they anything but a really shallow hole? 

Agreed!

31 minutes ago, Arodash said:

Oh my gosh, it's funny but also pathetic. Sometimes it's guys who are hiding behind their phone, but I recently went out with a couple guys who made those comments, and I'm like "ok?" lmfao. I said to the one guy the other day: "that really does nothing for me". RIP to his ego.

I also thought of another insult. "Such a waste" or shit like that. That's also one I've heard multiple times. 

7 minutes ago, Sols said:

I also thought of another insult. "Such a waste" or shit like that. That's also one I've heard multiple times. 

First off, awesome shattering egos. Second, I have heard "so your going to be a virgin when you reach 40!? Dude thats sad" yeah, for you maybe. I wasnt happy until I came out asexual lol

4 minutes ago, Arodash said:

First off, awesome shattering egos. Second, I have heard "so your going to be a virgin when you reach 40!? Dude thats sad" yeah, for you maybe. I wasnt happy until I came out asexual lol

I like you 😂 Especially after complimenting me for shattering ego's. It's something I'm good at 😋.

You are 1000% right with your response to them. At-least you know you're happy. Some of them probably aren't. ✌️

Archived