Favorite Quotes?

Fighting_For_Us

Fighting_For_Us

Hi all!

Out of curiosity, what are your favorite quotes/lyrics/poems/ ect?

😃

“Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today and you make your tomorrow.”

L. Ron Hubbard

"If you're afraid of the dark... remember the night rainbow."

Cooper Edens

Grey-Ace Ventura

"If it's written in the stars, I guess it's really meant to be"

Cadence Kid

Grey-Ace Ventura

"Art is a lie that brings us closer to the truth"

Pablo Picasso

njosnavelin

I will speak up for all of those who have a quote but they won’t share because it gives up a piece of you.

blunose2772

If at first you don't get hurt, beat the guy very hard in the face with a paperweight. 

- Maurice Chavez in GTA Vice City

"Only the little people pay taxes"

-Leona Helmsley (Donald Trump's first? wife)

"Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes, as quoted by Spock in Star Trek VI:  The Undiscovered Country

"Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end." — Spock

“After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but is often true.” - Spock, Star Trek episode 'Amok Time'

"I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." - Freddie Mercury

"When I'm dead, I want to be remembered as a musician of some worth and substance." - Freddie Mercury

"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

"I won't be a rock star.  I will be a legend." - Freddie Mercury

"Oh, I was not made for heaven. No, I don't want to go to heaven. Hell is much better. Think of all the interesting people you're going to meet down there!" - Freddie Mercury

"The guitar is my weapon, my shield to hide behind." - Brian May

blunose2772

I reject your reality and substitute my own 

Adam Savage of the Mythbusters

The Doctor: My dear, one of the things you'll learn is that it's all real. Every word of every novel is real, every frame of every movie, every panel of every comic strip ...
The Gallifrey Chronicles, Lance Parkin

Mckay: "Why am I here??"

Dr Beckett: "There's an arrow in your gluteus maximus Rodney."

Mckay: "Gluteussss maximus. Gluteusshh maximus. Oh hey, that's my ass isn't it?"

Mckay (again): "Hey! You can't shoot an unarmed upside down man!"

Journalist: "You know, I'm gonna get a shot of you, whether or not you're walking away."
Col. O'Neill: "I hope shots of my ass serve you well."

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

C.S. Lewis

Amethyst Raven

"I DO NOTHING FOR YOUR PLEASURE!" - Lili, Legend

I really love this one. lili, at this point in the movie, has fallen into the Darkness so much that she is more powerful than the Lord of Darkness himself, who is pretty much Satan. And I love that so much, I feel it resonate in my soul.

"You have no power over me." -Sarah, Labyrinth

Labyrinth has been my favorite movie since I was a kid. Although I love Jareth, Sarah puts out a very powerful message that we are who controls our destiny. I love it.

DarkStormyKnight

I have "Do I dare/Disturb the universe?" from "The Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufock" by T.S. Eliot tattooed on my body so there's that.

"This life is a test-it is only a test. If it had been an actual life, you would have received further instructions on where to go and what to do. Remember, this life is only a test." -Jack Kornfield

"For every man there is a purpose which he sets up for his life and which he pursues. Let yours be the doing of all good deeds." -the Koran

“For the sky is hollow, and the world is round.”- Christopher Paolini, Inheritance. A better book doesn’t exist lol. But the quote is after a crazy intense scene, and it’s always reminded me that there’s hope and wonder in the world, so I should stay in it because there’s more to discover. 

I plan to get it tattooed somewhere at some point.  

"Crying is all right in its way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do."
C.S. Lewis

There are many, but the first one that comes to mind is this great quote by Rudyard Kipling (commonly misattributed to Nietzsche):

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

I also like this quote, by Oscar Wilde:

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. And unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them. Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type. Unselfishness recognises infinite variety of type as a delightful thing, accepts it, acquiesces in it, enjoys it. It is not selfish to think for oneself. A man who does not think for himself does not think at all. It is grossly selfish to require of one's neighbour that he should think in the same way, and hold the same opinions. Why should he? If he can think, he will probably think differently. If he cannot think, it is monstrous to require thought of any kind from him. A red rose is not selfish because it wants to be a red rose. It would be horribly selfish if it wanted all the other flowers in the garden to be both red and roses."

"As human beings, our job in life is to help people realize how rare and valuable each one of us really is, that each of us has something that no one else has—or ever will have—something inside that is unique to all time. It's our job to encourage each other to discover that uniqueness and to provide ways of developing its expression." -Mr. Rogers

"I'm just me." -Freddie Mercury

DuranDuranfan

I have many. But my favourite is:

”General, with all due respect, fuck you, sir!” - Col. Sam Daniels, Outbreak

not_all_who_wander

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.

-Anne Bradstreet

not_all_who_wander

Oh, and “Not all who wander are lost,” obviously. (Tolkien)

After being told to go look the word diplomacy up:

“Oh,” Jessica said.

“What?” Fiona opened her eyes to find Jessica regarding her with an expression of distrust.

“Diplomacy is lying.”

She [Fiona] sat back again. “Yes Jess, it’s what adults do instead of being reasonable like ten-year olds.”

Immortal Make (Hawthorn House #3) - Sean Cunningham

"A fight to the death between zombies has a few inherent problems"

And the one in my sig. 

"No good deed goes unpunished." They don't know who coined this.

"Successful people have a sense of gratitude. Unsuccessful people have a sense of entitlement."

Just a saying I use to remind myself to appreciate life more and not lust for more material benefits.

Archived