New Moderator Needed: Just For Fun and Arcade: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being the new Just for Fun/Arcade Moderator, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

Voting will be by a vote of confidence. A bio is required to be PMed to me by voting time.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 25 July to Thursday, 1 August: Nominations.

Thursday, 1 August to Sunday, 4 August: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 4  August to Sunday, 11 August: Voting.

Good luck to everyone that wants to run! Quite obviously, this is a super fun bunch of forums to mod. : ) 

firewallflower
24 minutes ago, Road said:

I believe that 6 months for me is July 31st - if I wanted to, would I be allowed to run?

Since your six-month mark is still (albeit barely) within the nomination window, I don't see why not! :)

1 hour ago, Road said:

I will try to dedicate more time to AVEN this week and see how it feels.

Also, it's not like you need to post extra on the forums. Just as long as you're taking care of things that crop up, and do what you need in Admods Only, you'll be fine. : ) 

AspieAlly613

While it's not Q&A time yet, I'll let all who are running know that I intend to ask the same questions that I asked in the previous elections.  Feel free to look at those threads to give yourselves time to think about answers.

@Road Pleeeeeaaaasseeeee consider running! I know you'd make an awesome mod. :D

scarletlatitude

The admod training team is available for all mods, so don't feel like you'll be thrown in without any help. :) You'll have support. 

I used to mod JFF/Arcade/Chatterbox back when dinos walked the earth, so if anyone has a question about these or about mod life in general, spam my inbox :D

Are you allowed to nominate people other than yourself?

13 minutes ago, Ardoise said:

Are you allowed to nominate people other than yourself?

Sorry, people can only nominate them self.

4 minutes ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

@Ardoise AVEN has a Mod/PT/DT encouragement thread, if you're intending to discuss someone whom you'd like to see as a Mod.

That usually gets locked during an active election to keep it from being a platform for pushing specific people for a specific election.

@daveb Oh! Right. I didn't really imagine that it could be used for that purpose; I thought there wouldn't be any harm if a member felt like saying, "I think so-and-so would make a good mod" (for a future election, not a current one), because it doesn't necessarily, automatically, mean that that person would then decide to run as a candidate (for a future election).

If you're curious what being an admod entails, click here for a theoretical overview or here for some tales from actual staff :)

JFF/Arcade/Chatterbox are great forumses to get into modding :D it's a lot to read, but there's very little trouble.

I used to mod JFF and it was pretty OK TBH. It doesn't attract a lot of angry/controversial people and arguments are very rare.

It's a great spot for someone new to moderating. It's not a massive job and some of the stuff you do can be pretty satisfying. There's a great training team available (including my co-mod @scarletlatitude, who was a huge help to me) - all the other mods/admins are experienced and helpful too.

If you're on the fence about running, I say go for it! 💪

1 hour ago, Road said:

What's an average day in the life of a JFF moderator look like?

Lurking the forum, occasionally posting... Just like I did as a member. It's nice when you frequent the forum a lot as a member... It for me basically didn't change.

JFF is pretty quiet if it comes to reports and actions needed to be taken.. It's often more only to move a thread out that doesn't belong there.

And ofcourse... Take part in the backroom.

scarletlatitude

Agreed. JFF is pretty calm. Lots of posts but nothing serious usually.

@Kyon. ❤️ miss you! 

Thanks for the responses everyone! 🍰

I wasn't sure if it would be easy since it is just for fun - or if it would be one of the harder forums to moderate, since there are so many active chat threads, and any one of them could turn serious without warning at any time.

*kindly reminds people run* :cake: *cheers everyone on*

Archived