drisden

Romantic relationship without sex

jay williams

Nobody has a right to expect to have intercourse. Full stop. If people are cuddling, kissing, caressing each other then sexual tension can easily build for one or both. Having a libido and experiencing sexual tension is quite normal for the average human. The issue is how to handle the tension. Having arousal does not have to be resolved by piv activity. I can only speak for males. Most males feel a need to resolve sexual tension by an ejaculation. This can be done by piv sex, or by other means. Sometimes males feel an urgency to resolve the tension, not unlike an urgency to urinate. His tension can be resolved in ways other than piv. He could manually relieve himself, or another person could do so. Communication is critical. You can help him by caressing his aroused part. You could encourage him to help himself either in your presence, or by going to the bathroom or such. Think of it as an itch that really, really needs to be scratched. Silence and ignoring (or attempting to ignore) the situation is ordinarily not productive. As for my part, I have been there, and I have experienced, what seemed like to me, a dire need to ejaculate. In that situation, I don't have ANY desire for piv sex, and that would be the last thought on my mind. But I still have an "itch" that needs relief in some way. So there are men who are very compatible with women who never desire piv sex. And I want to think that there are women who are compatible with men with a libido, yet who never desire to copulate.

ShoIchi89
On 8/16/2019 at 7:30 AM, SerenDisglair said:

I also have the same desire. I  desire a romantic relationship so so much, either with a man or woman. I personally am sex-repulsed and don't enjoy kissing (although I would compromise if I was with someone I genuinely love and they liked to kiss, but I would refuse intercourse). But I do enjoy cuddling sometimes and holding hands. I just really want to find someone who can share their hobbies with and allow me to share mine, so we can experience them together and occasionally go on romantic dates. [...] I never want to have a sexual relationship and only desire a romantic one, but I am afraid that it will never happen. The fact that I am quite shy, introverted and only have a couple of friends doesn't help the situation either.

That sounds so much like me...I don't want to have a sexual relationship but a romantic one with a ton of cuddles and small kisses on the forehead and sorts. I'm not sure if I am able to love again (my first ever crush developed over 6 years with my best friend), but I like to take care of my beloved friends and sometimes spoil them a little bit. So yeah...hard to find someone who likes to cuddle and can handle his boner by himself? A woman would be okay, too, I guess...but it's just not easy to find someone who has similar interests and a good character and is handsome AND maybe asxual. 

That really sounds impossible -_-

• Like 1

Chasing Headlights
On 7/23/2019 at 12:46 PM, drisden said:

I'm repulsed by sex and disinterested in doing it but I do want a psychologically intimate relationship with cuddling, kissing etc. but nothing more than that. Are people with such interests rare? I really want to find a single person that I can depend on and really love with all my being but to be honest I'm unsure if it's asking for impossible.

They probably are but so are the chances of two people finding a perfect fit even if they see sex as part of the love equation. If your partner isn't on the same level with you in regards of sex - or even worse pressures you into something you don't want - they are not a good fit anyway. 

As things stand, atm I have such a relationship you are describing, but I am aware that cutting off the sex, can be a reason for breaking up. However, it's just not comfortable doing something you really don't want and the other takes intimacy from, when you don't feel it at all. 

Just keep looking and keep your head up :)

ThatABoy
On 7/23/2019 at 3:46 AM, drisden said:

I'm repulsed by sex and disinterested in doing it but I do want a psychologically intimate relationship with cuddling, kissing etc. but nothing more than that. Are people with such interests rare? I really want to find a single person that I can depend on and really love with all my being but to be honest I'm unsure if it's asking for impossible. I do technically experience sexual attraction but it's involuntarily and I would never act on it let alone have an interocurse with someone.

I just want a sexless relationship while deeply caring for someone. 

Anyone has a similar experience? 

This is exactly how I feel as well!! Like those are the ideal things I want. Someone who loves me and takes care of me emotionally and physically. Someone who is okay with just kissing and cuddling. It’s been hard to find someone the same

jay williams
On 8/17/2019 at 3:05 AM, ShoIchi89 said:

to find someone who likes to cuddle and can handle his boner by himself?

LOL. Never heard it expressed that way. Well said.

QueenOfTheRats

very rare. it can take years to ind someone you are compatible with