Romantic relationship without sex

drisden

On 7/23/2019 at 3:46 AM, drisden said:

I'm repulsed by sex and disinterested in doing it but I do want a psychologically intimate relationship with cuddling, kissing etc. but nothing more than that. Are people with such interests rare? I really want to find a single person that I can depend on and really love with all my being but to be honest I'm unsure if it's asking for impossible. I do technically experience sexual attraction but it's involuntarily and I would never act on it let alone have an interocurse with someone.

I just want a sexless relationship while deeply caring for someone. 

Anyone has a similar experience? 

This is exactly how I feel as well!! Like those are the ideal things I want. Someone who loves me and takes care of me emotionally and physically. Someone who is okay with just kissing and cuddling. It’s been hard to find someone the same

jay williams
On 8/17/2019 at 3:05 AM, ShoIchi89 said:

to find someone who likes to cuddle and can handle his boner by himself?

LOL. Never heard it expressed that way. Well said.

QueenOfTheRats

very rare. it can take years to ind someone you are compatible with

• 2 weeks later...

I want the exact same! Im very interested in a committed romantic relationship with physical intimacy that is not sexual in nature. But similar to some other folks on here some consider wanting to kiss, hug, and be intimate but not have sex “being a tease”. Guys leave or become friends only as soon as I tell them im not into sex (Im up front about it early to avoid “leading them on”). I feel like the only way im not going to die alone is to have to do something that repulses me to get a guy to commit to a romantic relationship with me- and that thought is terrifying. Any words of advice out there?

everywhere and nowhere
6 hours ago, CJ1027 said:

I want the exact same! Im very interested in a committed romantic relationship with physical intimacy that is not sexual in nature. But similar to some other folks on here some consider wanting to kiss, hug, and be intimate but not have sex “being a tease”. Guys leave or become friends only as soon as I tell them im not into sex (Im up front about it early to avoid “leading them on”). I feel like the only way im not going to die alone is to have to do something that repulses me to get a guy to commit to a romantic relationship with me- and that thought is terrifying. Any words of advice out there?

Don't force yourself to do things which frighten you.

Just to make it clear: yes, I would prefer to die alone than to have sex. The idea of having sex, of being naked in another person's presence, of having someone do something to my body is terrifying. And then there's another layer: my vehement refusal to even try "fixing" my sex aversion is a matter of personal pride. I don't want to be someone who bends to others' needs when it's not required for being a decent person (for example, refusing to bend to a friend's need and listen to them when they're in trouble makes you a not very decent person. Refusing to ever have sex doesn't). Yes, it's also a matter of comfort: being so deeply sex-averse and nudity-averse, I would have to torture myself to "fix" my aversion. I don't want to do it. Being so deeply sex-averse and nudity-averse, I'm intensely uncomfortable even with the idea that I could be comfortable with sex in a hypothetic future. So it's grounded in my internal instincts, but still my refusal to have any will to want sex is something I experience as almost political too: I refuse to bend to society's sex-normativity, I'm proud to live according to my own values.

Archived