Do you ever feel like your a puppy at times?

Cryowolf

Lol now here me out here. so coming to terms to being both asexual and aromantic ive started branching out more and joining new communities particularly in asexual ones. like meme pages and such on facebook and well some pages share other peoples stories of them coming out or they are questioning a few things such as there orientation and really its nice to see others finding a spot where they can fit in.

on person how ever had story that spoke to me on quite a deep level in that when around people they know or people they just met. they get this sudden energy almost like an attraction but not in like a sexual or romantic way. they explain that they see them aesthetically pleasing but thats not what spoke to me. it was the sheer energy they feel when around this person. were they want to talk for hours with this person. they want to hang around them for a long period of time even if its to do boring stuff like laundry or grocery shopping. but at times they would want to cuddle with this person or see if they give out good hugs. its not the first thought that pops in there head but over time they start to feel that way but again they dont want to be with that person they just want to be around them cause they bring much joy into there lives. they were wondering what part of attraction do they fit in?

a person commented on the post below and said they felt the same way but they called it the "puppy effect" and that when they get that way with friends they feel like a golden retriever puppy constantly wanting to be around that person and following them but afraid cause it might come off as annoying or clingy. when it comes to me thats exactually how i feel like. i just love all my close friends so much that i would do anything for them. if there poor and starving i got them! if they have errands to run? count me in ill keep them company. if a mofo try to hurt them.... i suck at fighting but i beat that fools butt! i always want to be with my friends. i always want to shower them with affection even if sometimes i go broke lol and when im waiting for them to pick me up or im waiting at the place where gonna meet i swear if someone was watching me they think i was a dog waiting at the door for there master. i love receiving hugs. i love getting close to my friends provided they gave the consent they want to cuddle or what not and i tear up when they give me a gift or tell me they thought of me over something i like or said to them once and they saw it.

oof.... does anyone else feel that way? or am i the only one like this? and what type of attraction would one call this? idk i just feel like im a little puppy at times, getting over joyed when im with my friends. really its the only time im ever happy

Yes Cryowolf. This is me too. 

As my mom described it. “You have always loved everyone. Complete strangers. Old or young. Any race, any creed, good looking or not so much. You just love people. You are always happy and smiling and greeting every person you come across. Even as an infant, I’ll never forget this one time on the bus when this guy came over to say hi to you and he was quite honestly a bit terrifying and yet you still smiled and waved and kept looking at him. You didn’t get scared, look away or cry. I was like wow.”

Grey-Ace Ventura

I feel like a puppy too dude.

17 minutes ago, Cryowolf said:

on person how ever had story that spoke to me on quite a deep level in that when around people they know or people they just met. they get this sudden energy almost like an attraction but not in like a sexual or romantic way. they explain that they see them aesthetically pleasing but thats not what spoke to me. it was the sheer energy they feel when around this person. were they want to talk for hours with this person. they want to hang around them for a long period of time even if its to do boring stuff like laundry or grocery shopping. but at times they would want to cuddle with this person or see if they give out good hugs. its not the first thought that pops in there head but over time they start to feel that way but again they dont want to be with that person they just want to be around them cause they bring much joy into there lives.

This is exactly how I feel about my best friend. If I'm in the crappiest mood, my face lights up as if I'm a two-year-old who's just been given candy when I see him. He makes me so happy that I enjoy even the times when we don't have much time to spend together, and I'm happy to do errands with him if it means we can hang out for a long period of time. I've never felt the need to express my affection for anyone really, but I just always want to remind him how much he means to me. As for the cuddling / hugging part, we're so physical in public that people who don't know us think we're dating. We cuddle, hug, rest our heads on each other's shoulders / chests, sit in each other's laps, hold hands, etc..

40 minutes ago, Cryowolf said:

what type of attraction would one call this?

I'd call it platonic attraction I guess.

I guess I'm a damn puppy to then!!! 

Awe all of your stories making me tear up thats so amazing! its nice to see im not the only one. who just loves there friends in such a deep and powerful way!

@3Xi3X wow your mother has got some deep wise words cause thats really amazing. interesting enough i was a quiet baby growing up and really only pointed to things if i wanted them. i only really started talking until i met my ultra best friend Ana who i havent seen since elementary school. but i remember how super close we where. picking on spiders. getting mud on each other. playing board games.... many good times. lol but i did love people even back then. i just didnt talk :P

@Grey-Ace Ventura awe! you and your friend have such an awesome friendship. the kind i want to have one day. lucky! lol im glad you get to have such a strong bond with your friend and you two get each other. thats beautiful to hear. i hope you two continue to be such great friends. im sure you know dont let something that sweet go away cause thats rare to find :3

Advanced issues found

1 minute ago, Cryowolf said:

Awe all of your stories making me tear up thats so amazing! its nice to see im not the only one. who just loves there friends in such a deep and powerful way!

It's crazy because I only could relate with this until recently, but the word "energy" is the best way to describe this drive towards someone like this for sure. I meet this person and was like I had butterflies in my entire body. 

@UnderworldFan1988 lol no i understand that. i had to do a lot of soul searching to find out if i was aromantic and once i did suddenly everything made sense as to the way i act around my friends and new people its like woah! here i thought i just love everyone romantically which is why i identified as pansexual for many years but something about that term just didnt add up. such as not really wanting to be in romantic or sexual relationship but i never thought there was another term for the way i felt so i stuck with it even if it didnt make much sense and now that i finally found this term aromantic it made me rethink every time i felt this energy. so seeing other peoples post where they too question this feeling they get i couldnt help but go "arf!" err... i mean woo!!! lol because everything just clicked and today after seeing someone call it "the puppy effect" im like yes! omg yes! honestly if i really was a dog id be wagging my tail cause im just that happy right now :3.

but im glad the word energy sings to you. its a great and powerful feeling and i never would have guessed such a thing existed until i found my true identity you peeps are all amazing 💓

Ace Of Hugs

I feel more like a grizzly bear.  Lazy, fuzzy, and willing to hug the hell out of you if the situation warrants. :D 

DarkStormyKnight

This is such a cute way to describe it!! I don't think it applies to me, but more because I'm an introvert than anything else, but dang that's adorable.

Archived